Move From Veg to Bloom Room

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by LuvDaMuff, Jul 21, 2010.

1. I am using two identical ebb & flow systems, one room for veg, other for bloom. I recently added a portable AC unit to veg room and the results of maintaining perfect temps made a HUGE impact (obviously). After 30 days of veg I went to move plants into other system in bloom room and the roots were unbelievable. By far, my best veg grow thus far.

The roots were so entangled amongst each other that I had trouble taking the plants out. The roots had even started to grow down into the drainage holes! I managed to slowly remove 12 plants but the remaining four had to be carried together as they were that entwined.

So I was wondering how others handle situations like this? If I had let it veg longer I am not sure how I would have carried them into the next room. Would you cut the roots as a last resort? Or would that cause major issues?

Curious if any experts have had similar situations and how you have handled it.

Thanks as always GC!

2. any pics? u can cut the roots but is a big shock for the plants there is a root to shoot ratio when doing something like that and you do need to cut some shoots back if taking roots back and vise verser. i have done it before to a large budding plant but it really stunted its growth. is it causeing a big problem maybe spacing them out a bit more or veging for a lesser time with quicker turn over i have had a few problems with root bound plants and they have not come up as good as the rest have. hava a look you wont really be able to see the small plants Chemsdog strain NFT SCROG NewZealand style - Grasscity.com Forums

3. Thanks guys. I didn't take any pics as I already moved them and didn't think about it.

Nope, not net cups, the roots were coming out the small drainage holes of the containers and running along the drainage channels. These channels drain back into the reservoir.

The turning idea may still be worthwhile to try.

4. :) awsome.

take it easy!