Good place to get stealth grow cabinet?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by lilrush, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Hey guys, excuse my newbiness, but im new here and looking for a stealth grow cabinet.
    Looking for an easy solution, buy it and slap it in with minimal construction, as im in no means handy.

is Hydroponic Systems | Kits, Supplies & Stealth Growing Equipment reliable?
    Looking for the "deluxe" cabinet.
    Has anyone from here ordered from there?
    If not, any other suggestions?

Many thanks, fellow smokers. :)

2. I haven't seen anything that's full stealth while operational. Well not anything that produces well anyway.

What are your goals? eg. How much are you wanting to harvest? Does it only need to be stealth while switched off? Will you be running it constantly or just periodically? Rented place or owned? Shared living? Separate room or own bedroom.. etc.

It's best to cater for everything in advance rather than trying to deal with problems later.

3. Goals are a decently high yield.
    It doesn't necessarily need to be stealth, just odor free.
    Will be running it constantly.
    Owned place. Not shared living. Would be in it's own room.
    I really appreciate the response!

4. #4 CFLPro, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2013
    In that case I'd recommend something resembling the following.
    4x4 Tent.
    600w HPS/MH with 6" cool tube.
    6" Carbon filter.
    6" Centrifugal Fan or maybe mixflo if fan noise is an issue.
    6" Ducting.
    Quality fan speed controller. (optional but handy)
    Adjustable light yoyo's.
    24hr timer.
    Somewhere to vent outside.
    Door lock for room. (optional)
    You choice of grow system. (keep it simple at first)
    Nutrients.
    Meters (somewhat optional depending on grow system)

You should be able to get all this stuff on ebay fairly cheaply and probably from the same store. Also it will only require very little effort or skill to erect.

If you're planning on running continuously then think about how you'll clone or raise seedlings so you are always flowering.

The above type of set-up could produce a lot of ounces if that's what you're after.
    I don't think cabinets are a complete turnkey solution either. I've read a lot of them fall short in certain areas. Plenty of reasons to choose a tent over one.

If you think that is more than you're up for then there are loads of other options.

5. Hmm. Do many smaller plants yield more or do few larger plants yield more?
    Tent-wise, is gorilla a good brand to go with?

The only reason why i was turned to cabinets (such as the super closet) was because they appear to be so beginner friendly, but I suppose a tent will yield more in the long run, no?

What do you suggest for storing young plants/clones?

6. #6 CFLPro, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2013
    A skilled grower will achieve the best yield somewhere in between many small and a few large (depending on setup and strain). Typically, the larger you can grow a plant while still maintaining good light penetration the better.

I honestly don't have enough tent brand experience required to answer which is the best to go with. Hopefully someone who does will advise.

I see a cabinet as more restrictive (and expensive) than a tent. If you outgrow a tent you can re-sell and ship it, pack it away or even just dump it. A large cabinet probably requires two people just to move around inside your house.
    A cabinet may be a little less over-whelming when you first start but by the time you're up and running you'll realise it's all very straight forward. At the end of the first grow you're likely to have found things you'd like to change but can't.
    I'm not anti-cabinet (I run my own home-made) but a tent just makes more sense in most circumstances.
    Check out this massive supercloset thread.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-growing/858991-supercloset-secret-society-s-s-s.html

Most established growers like to keep their favourite strains/phenos alive. A 2nd smaller tent/box/cabinet/rig with CFL is ideal. Doesn't need to be anything special but make sure the longer light hours don't leak in to the main tent. It's much more efficient to raise your babies there and transfer when ready.
    There are many options depending on what you're trying to achieve. I've listed two.
    1. Create a suitable area for raising seedlings, rooting clones and storing small mothers. Then veg plants in main tent until they reach desired size before switching to flower.
    2. Create a suitable area to veg plants to desired size so they are ready to flower straight away in the main tent.

Hope this is of some help.

7. Hmm. Was thinking 5x5.
    What is sufficient for lighting in that space? 600w? 1000w?

Also, how much electricity do these lights use, would a tent like this require an entire circuit to itself?

8. Tents are cool, but...cabinets = stealth. Much easier to explain to the maintenance man/visitors lol