help bubble bucket flush

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Buzzwell420, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Ok I don't know if flush means just RO water and no nutes

Or ro water that has ph adjusted.

I had ph lock out and rust. So today I put just RO water to. Flush for 24 hours. But the ph is at 7.5

Only way to flush was no nutes then add back?

But idk

2. Just RO water, no PH. You don't need to PH RO water, it really doesn't have one. What gives water PH is dissolved solids in the water. A single drop of PH up or PH down in RO water makes it shift 3-5 entire points. The buffers in the water determine PH in RO water.

3. good question.

id like to add, how long should a BB flush last? a day, an hour, a week?

i'm a hydro noob, so far so good though :D

4. have you seen this ? Blog GHE hydroponic systems fertilizers bioponics » TIP
    middy

5. I use clearex to flush, takes a couple hours, just follow the directions on the bottle.

Don't know if I agree with the blog post you put there piggy... I run Lucas formula on GH nutes, and it's does it's own buffering if you get it mixed right and write down your nute usages, all you do is add water or nutes for near perfect PPM's and PH.

• Like Like x 1
  6. i don´t think GH would agree with you HD ;) :D
    middy

7. I'm still in veg, (busted new beans) but I hadn't checked the stuff in 4 days.
    PPM's down to 570'ish, and PH up to 6.2. Add a half gallon of water, 10ml micro, 20ml bloom, and 1ml ph down. (taking more nutes than water, push up PPM's)
    That will hold almost perfect till I hit 12\12 in about 4 more days.

Yeah, Lucas does buffer the PH. I run tap water and have to make some adjustments to keep the numbers where I want them, but very minor changes and additives.
    Oh, run Heisenburg tea also, that keeps the nute level a bit lower which may be why I have to all PH down every so often.
    (you can grow more using less with tea)