Hydro Grow closet

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by tennyyson, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Hey guys, been looking around at closet Hydroponic grows and am having trouble

figuring out what the best investment would be.

With a $5000 budget what would be a good setup to invest in?

Would prefer using LED lights.

Thanks!

2. 5k?

How much room do you have?

5k is a decently sized budget. 5k will get you a lot of really good equipment to run a big crop.

3. Have about a 6x8 area to use.

4. I wouldn't start large. Start small with a 500 dollar budget. No use in never having grown mmj before and spending 5k to fail. K.I.S.S. keep it simple stupid. If I had 5k to spend at this point in my growing experience I would probably run 2 new tables and have 4500 left over.

5. #5 nu-bube, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
    Hi Tennyyson and All:wave:

With that budget, the first thing I would do is: Have a QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN install two PROPERLY GROUNDED 30 amp breakers, (or more if necassar,) for your grow space ,(WITH APPROPRIATE GAUGE WIREING>). Also make sure that your main electrical panel, ( and sub panel if applicable,) are up to the task of handeling the electrical load of your WHOLE HOME.

The peace of mind this will give you is priceless. The last thing you want is an electrical fire.

I also wouldnt mind having a tile floor with a foor drain, (i'm a hydro guy, but for anyone that would be a VERY easy to clean floor.)

Evan if you did spend out on both upgrades, with a 5k budget, you would still have plenty of cash for plenty of good grow gear.

My 2cents.

Best Of Luck,

Bube

6. Plant DWC/Drip Feed Hydroponic System

planter we have is pretty compact roughly 3'x4'. I had toyed with the idea of open trough hydroponics a while ago.

Features:
    -18 gal light proof reservoir
    -Light reflective lid
    -DWC/Drip ring combo feed system
    -Adjustable flow water manifold with removable filter
    -160 GPH water pump
    -Two 12 inch airstones
    -2 port adjustable air pump
    -Comes with seed starter cubes, netpots and Hydroton grow medium
    -Available with either drip rings, 1 GPH or 2 GPH drip emitters

7. then again...............with that kind of budget, an urge to get into led, and that much room....you could get some amazing light like

LED Grow Lights - 336X-PRO LED Grow Light

and throw it on a light mover in that space, and grow some amaaaaaaaazing plants

just a thought hehe

*as long as it isn't wasted...that's a pretty big investment

8. Veg with LED and flower with a HPS. I started vegging and flowering with LED and recently upgraded to this 1000w. It's blowing my mind! Even though I had 1080w LED, it didn't get the penetration and swell that this hid is giving me.