grow2 an grand master 600watt closet grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by punkafi888, Jun 18, 2011.

1. ok here we go!!

600watt cooltubed running through a 4" cheapy can fan
    four different strains, below are a list of nutrients they will be reviving. they are all clones. the hydro will be done in 5 gallon hydro specific buckets with net lids, they will be in 4"rockwool. air will be provided by an 80 watt commercial air pump running 88lpm. i am using micro pour oxygen diffusers the 6" model. so lets see what a closet can do huh? (last grow yielded 1lb off 3 plants using gh lucas in totes)

1.northern lights #5 (dwc)
    an g-m-b, voodoo, b52, bud ignitor, bud candy, overdrive, bud factor x, rino skin

2.white widow (dwc)
    an g-m-b, voodoo, b52, bud ignitor, bud candy, overdrive

3.ak47 (dwc)
    an g-m-b, voodoo, b52, bud ignitor, bud candy, overdrive

4.pineapple express (soil) veg(4months)
    age old grow and age old bloom with( ff soliables (freeby samples))

2. ok folks sorry it took a bit to get back the dispenciry sucked and i had major problems with getting my clones then i had a major problem with them being healthy. the white ryno got spider mites and mold so i burned it. i also got 3 more clones of agent orange. they have taken off a lot.
    the very healthy one is the northern lights
    second unwrapped cube is the ak47
    other three are the agent orange

Attached Files:

3. changed three over to the small starter buckets and put them under a 175w mh.

Attached Files:

4. Latest update, pushed ppm to 1000_1200. They are loving it. Pictures tonight. The micro pore defuses required more air but so far they are proving there worth. An voodoo juice is also proving its self. Much better than root brew.

5. Looks nice.. are you going to top?

Also noticed agent orange in your signature. You know about 10 years ago I stabilized a cross of california orange and nl and I called it agent orange! looks like someone stepped in and took the name. Thats what I get for for being A no-grower for A decade!

Keep us posted!

6. I don't understand why people get clones from dispensaries. can't you invest in a 2ftx2ft tent with some cfl's and clone? you don't need to keep mothers, just take a cutting from each plant which is less than 1 week in flower and you never need to buy another dodgy clone again. tent/cfl setup with a fan costs around $60 maybe?

To get a pound from a closet with 3 plants is fantastic work mate :smoke:

7. grassott
    i dont like taking clones of clones because they get mutation and turn into weak plants. plant A(the mother) her genetics are perfect in nature. plant
    A1(first generation of clone) neer perfect clone of the mother no noticable differances.
    A2(2nd gen) no notable differance maybe double leaf or discoloration, also a drop in yield and resistance to pests and deseses.
    A3(3rd gen) weak growth, obviously a very picky plant, hard to root, weak genetics, lots of popcorn buds.
    From there it gets worse, granted it does change from strain to strain and from plant to plant some happen sooner some later.

omnibudsum
    i belive i may top the agentorange but the others i am not going to. The strain of Agent Orange that i am growing is just that actually, NL#5 x Cal Ora. interesting. super heavy yielding plant. i should get over a lb this time. as last time i had very weak genetics and my grow closet was no where neer what it has turned into.

NOW ITS TIME FOR UPDATES!!!

Attached Files:

8. You see the text I made bold? I made it bold because this is not true. Genes are genes. I've been taking clones from clones from clones for well over a year now and if there has been a change in quality then I sure as hell aint noticed it.

9. I've encountered that problem myself but I dont know what caused it. I had nodes with 1 leaf only!

Now the question im working on now is, how do mj breeders keep there seed strains consistant. Do they just keep taking clones from the mother and father that produced their strain and pollinate the female clone with the male clone to keep making seeds to sell?

Surely they wouldnt just grow those seeds out and let the males pollinate the females, that would be inbreeding which could weaken the strain a few generations out right? or no?

I took horticultural science at college but they did not get this far into it. I want to take botany.

I have let the same strain 1male and 1female from seed pollinate and then grew those out just like you would do with okra or corn and all of the resulting plants looked and grew different...

Lotsa questions man.

10. I'm not into the sciences of it myself, I'm just here to grow weed. I'm not a breeder. I just cut clones up, grow them big, flower them, repeat.

Now a clone will grow differently than a seedling. Different root and general structure which will differ to the human eye. The genetics however, will always remain the same.

@TheGreenLegend. Those are questions better suited for a breeder or someone who has some type of horticultural degree.

11. updates!!!
    my girls are getting big!!
    12/12 started 10/4/2011
    following advanced feeding schedule, nl5 is getting the grandmaster grow treatment. the rest are getting the basic advanced treatment to see if it actually makes a difference.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]