ekomsi 6000W Ebb n Grow (first ever grow)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by ekomsi, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Equipment
    10 600W Quantum digi ballast
    10 Lumenair 6
    10 digilux hps
    Ebb n Gro System
    3 expansion packs more to come
    Extra Ebb n Gro Resivior with lid (for aerating tap water)
    Hydro farm 4 foot 8 bulb T5
    Hydro farm 4 foot 4 bulb T5
    Hydro Farm 2 foot 2 bulb T5
    30 site Ez Cloner
    Can Filter Combo 100
    2 435 cfm Fans for cooling the lights
    Hana 3 n 1 meter
    Inefred Thermometer
    and a whole bunch of other fun stuff

Nutrients
    Clonex Gel for cuttings
    1/4 Strength Clonex Clone solution for Ez CLoner
    Lucas Formula 8ml/16ml
    1/2 Strength Kool Bloom last 2 weeks before flush

2 Rooms

Smaller Room is for popping seeds, Ex Cloner, and Mother Plants (Homemade DWC)
    Dimensions- Not Sure lol Fix it later

Flowering Room Dimensions- 18x8x6.5 tall, Im dealing with short ceilings :devious:. Its going to contain the ebb n grow buckets planning on running 36 buckets the first round. With some DWC pots in aswell, might even scrog one or two.

SEEDS :D:D:D
    NIRVANA SEEDS- ALL Feminised
    Master Kush
    White Rhino
    Jack Horror

1/22/2011
    Basement got primed today, Painting Flatt White tomorrow. Walls are not built yet but I have all the lumber for it. Small Room will be built sometime next week. Seeds will be germenated as soon as small room is built.

Stay Tuned this might get intresting folks :D

2. PICS :hello:

Attached Files:

3. holy fuck i hope your legal.

this is a huge grow.

you dont have any experiance with growing?

4. Wow! That's the way to get your first grow done!

5. scrog fooor sure my friend:) my ceilibgs are low 2 about 5 ft after hangjng lights etc ablout 3.5 foot left my plants wld be like 5 ft tall alone not counting 15" buckets etc first scrog def. a must for EVERY grow for real...your setup lokks like its going to be huuuge...deff. gonna subscribe to this!! p.s. the master kush is some killa smoke! check out my jkurnal thanks

6. Im totally leget and legal to grow 36 atm but soon 72 will be the number.
    Yeah this will be my first grow but I went to a seminar and have done a lot of research, plus its all a learning experience you learn as you gro I mean go lol.

Hatchet, Do you think I should scrog the whole room? Beacause I was thinking about it but Im thinking it will be a shit load of work, so Im debating if I should just scrog some homemade 5 Gallon DWC pots or the whole room.

7. man bro that would be a huuuge room to scrog how many are you trying to scrog?? my screen is 4'x4' but i got a couple buddys wit screens as big as 8x8 its def AMAZING i mean if you build it right you could def. do it foooor sure!!! just how much time are you willing to put in HAHA i tuck for a good hour or so a day(not anymore since there budding) but veg time they GROW LIKE CRAZY fast!!!!:hello:

8. Yeah Im thinking about just scroging a couple 5 gal dwc in the room. My main focus is the Ebb n Grow pots.

Ps. Rooms are getting built today :hello:

9. don't do a scrog on your first grow with that size room.

i had a few small grows under my belt and did 2 8000w rooms and only one was a scrog. i'm telling you i was in there working on that bitch at least 5-6 hrs a day. I was doing rdwc and when tubes got clogged i felt like punching myself in the face for using a screen. There wasn't that much difference in yield between the 2 rooms either.

10. Germinated 8 seeds today in rockwool. Dunked rockwool in pH adjusted distalled water, shook the excess water off and placed the seed pointy end down into the rockwool, then slide a tiny piece of roockwool over the hole. Any suggestions on how to better adjust the pH would help that was a pain. The rockwool cubes are inside a tray with a dome lid. This is sitting ontop of a heating mat with a thermostat control. I set the thermostat to 85F. There is a 2ft 2 buld T5 by HydroFarm right above the dome.

Seeds Germenated All Feminised
    2 Master Kush
    2 White Rhino
    2 Jack Horror
    2 Mystery Mix

Any Suggestions??????

Attached Files:

11. [quote name='ekomsi']Yeah Im thinking about just scroging a couple 5 gal dwc in the room. My main focus is the Ebb n Grow pots.

yea u could always build a scrog on top of a couple buckets make sure its at least 10-15" above the top of the buckets and its gotta be pretty wide lol they get crazy under there...and let me tell u this SCROG Will defenitly increase your yeild big time as long as u do it right and fill the screen up!!

12. Does anyone know why it says not to use distilled water in the Ezcloner? It says it could delay or prohibit the cloning process? I thought all you needed was some distilled water to clone. I was planning on using 1/4 strength clonex clone and seedling solution with distilled water and adjust the ph to 5.7. I hope someone can give me some input...

13. ive never heard of that at all...ive always used distilled water with no problems roots in 7-10 days...distilled water is great because its distiled lol no chlorine rust etc.

14. Right, idk why it says not to use it but im going to any how, what else am I gonna do with 10 gallons of distilled water lol. Time to make 3 more dwc buckets :D

15. So two of the 8 seeds have germinated :hello: Im hoping the rest pop through the rockwool cubes overnight. Looking good so far, I didnt expect to see anything for atleast 7 days. How long till I see roots coming out of the bottom of the rockwool?

Also I put the 4 ft 4 tube T5 up so no more messing around with that 2 ft 2 tube until the cloner is put to use.

Attached Files:

16. So I plan on using these seeds to find a mother plant. I plan on putting these cubes into a soiless mixture of 25% worm castings, 25% perlite, and 50% coco core into a 9oz cup until they are big enough for a dwc system. My questions is when do I need to put them in the soiless mixture of worm castings, perlite, coco?

Attached Files:

17. So I have been pretty busy. I would like to mention for anyone like myself was was wondering, I had much better results using a 1/4 strangth clonex solution+dstilled water rather then just pure distilled water to germenate my seeds. dunked in pure distilled wat 5/8 seeds made it compared to 12/12 seeds sprouted when using clonex. They all sprouted faster aswell. Maybe my bad stats the first time was because it was my first if not there is some info from my experiment. I potted the 12 seedlings into the soiless mixture last night. The three bigger plants were the seeds I originally started 12 days ago (1-26-2011). The white Rhino looks weired. On the second set of leaves one leaf was all dried and small so i took it off. Im wondering if its going to grow another 2 colas (have the same affect fimming them does) because of this? The other two are unknown survivors. One looks good and the other is a little behind. I have been feeding them 1/4 strength clonex+distilled water= 278ppm, 5.8pH. Im thinking about starting with a lucas feed, 5ml/gallon of FloraMicro+ 8ml/gallon of FloraBloom=ditilled water. This would only be for the 3 older plants, not the seedlings yet. When will the 3 be ready for there 5 gal dwc?

Attached Files:

18. #18 badfish13337, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2011
    Subscribed.

This is a massive first grow! I wish you luck! If you need help, GC will be watching!

If you want to view a high wattage journal, check out the user KOG on this site. He has some pretty damn impressive work. If I can remember to, I will grab the link. :D

EDIT: Here ya go, K.O.G.s 6000w Grow Journal

It's also a SCROG. I would reccommend not doing a SCROG, instead using some techniques of low stress training if you are patient, but if you will be able to grow as many plants as you can, I might suggest doing a SOG style setup in perpetual.

You could be harvesting once every week...

Also, if the clones havent grown much into the soil mix, I would just transplant them straight into the DWC instead of putting them in soil first. When I get clones in the soil and RW, it tends to put the roots through some shock trying to get all the soil off, it will also contaminate/clog pumps and hoses.

19. Thanks, all of my plants are from seed. Its a soiless mixture of 50% coco, 25% perlite, and 25% worm casting. Good point about the roots, im not sure how im going to wash all the stuff off them lol. Im going to put the three into the bubble buckets in a couple days. These plants are going to be my mothers I just need to figure out which ones I want to clone from. I want to do perpetual but Im using the ebb n grow buckets. So in the future I will get another ebb n gro controler and run 30 in one room and 30 in another room at different times. But for now its going to be 30-40 in the one room at the same time.

20. Here is an update, I have two plants in dwc and about 10 more ready to be put into the dwc. I will let the pics do the talking. Any input is welcome. Check out the last picture there is something else growing in the cup lol. I decided to take it out so it didnt disturb the plant. Anyone have an idea what it was?

Attached Files: