Mr. Meaner plays Blackjack

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Mister Meaner, Jan 12, 2011.

1. I am back at it again. Same setup, almost...
    I got a better fan, a Panasonic bathroom vent fan that is SO QUIET, I have to look at the blades to see if it is still running... I ran it out a nearby window so the house wont reek.
    I also built a new light so I have 8 bulbs instead of 6.
    The seed is Blackjack from Nirvana, and everything else is the same as the last run:http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-grow-journals/638105-mr-meaners-first-grow.html
    So away we go...
    The first problem I had was the humidity! 20%RH is no good at all! I put a humidity dome over the sprout while it was in the bubble bucket and that helped, but was only a temporary solution. So today I want to Sprawl-Mart and bought a warm mist humidifier and plopped it in the grow cab. Problem solved, RH at 50% and holding.

It looks a little funky because it is actually about a month old. The humidity problem almost did it in, and to top it off the temps here in the great northeast have not been too favorable either. But I do what I can with what I have, and we will see what we get... Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. Have looked at those fans before, since they are supposed to so quiet. My cubes really do not need that high of a cfm fan for venting only dealing with about 12cubic feet of space. As for RH I started leaving a bowl of water right in front of my circulation fans and has helped me a lot. Once plants start breathing more it is not needed.

3. Nice! I kind of sneaked around your first grow, you've got a green thumb. I'm in for the long haul! Good luck!
    :hello:

4. Thanks for stopping by blades!
    I can now see the first root tips poking out of the net pot. 24 Hrs. with the humidifier and the small boost in temp that it provides has made a world of difference. She looks like a champ now.

Time to go smoke a bowl, and shovel the driveway. Love living in the Northeast! :rolleyes:

5. good to see you start another grow, im subbed!

6. I almost called this thread "Mr. Meaner tortures another plant". I guess I should have.
    I didn't let the chlorine evaporate out of the water before I put it in the humidifier. Turns out that it makes a big difference. The first few sets of leaves have brown spots all over them and will not last much longer. There is new growth coming out of the base of each leaf-set where it joins the main stem, so I think I will be fine.

No more winter grows after this unless I can get a better setup. Too much headache.
    What I need is a good spot for an outdoor grow...

7. i feel ya on that one...but im dreading my summer go because the way my room is positioned....direct sunlight for about 4 hours and the temp climbs!!! even in the winter my closet peaks at 82 everyday....the only problem i have seem to run into this winter is germinating seeds....they absolutely hate the cold lol....

other than than my ramblings about my problems....wanted to jump in and give my support....looking forward to you breathing life into the lil beauty!

8. Still here...
    Been lazy about keeping up the journal, but things are going OK. Might start flowering this weekend... IDK. Pics later, if I get to it...

9. Here she is. I know she doesn't look like much, but I have done pretty well with worse! I just need to get some dechlor for my humidifier... I have to fill it 3 times a day (PITA!) so the chlorine never really gets a chance to fully evaporate.

In other news...

There was a pretty big bust near me the other day. The guy had a small fire in the house and firefighters found a lot of weed, called the cops, cops also looked in the barn out back... Oops! The fact that the building had no snow on the roof when every other building has 2 feet was a bit of a tip off... 1200 plants!
    Biggest drug bust in Greene County history; 1,200 marijuana plants found | county, plants, drug - WRGB CBS 6 Albany
    Don't get complacent people!

Attached Files:

10. lol your lady is looking beautiful...how tall would you reckon she is? and to your dumb ass grower in Greene County...shit does he know nothing about Amsterdam? thats how they identify grow houses in the winter....melted snow off of the roof lol

11. Just read though your first grow, hope this one is as good as the last.

12. She is about 6" tall now, but moving fast. The humidity issue is just such a pain that I want to finish it so I can start another this summer when conditions are more favorable.

13. Flipping to flower tonight. She has been growing well and I am impatient. Changed nutes to half veg half flower, with just a pinch of Beastly Bloomz thrown in for good measure. The BB is not supposed to go in till the middle weeks of flower but what the hell...

14. Can't wait for more updates. :smoke:

15. She has shown the first pistils today. I have been far too busy to keep up with any kind of interesting journal, but I will continue to post when I get the chance. Thanks to those who keep hanging in there with me, and I promise I will reward your attention with some nice budshots come harvest time!

16. 3rd Week of flower and she is showing the first signs of frost.

Attached Files:

17. Hey there Mister! Those buds have to be frostier now!! Do you have any recent pics?:)

18. Too embarrassed for photos... I poisoned the hell out of it with the humidifier. Failed to get the chlorine out. I still have a few good size buds, but barely any leaves so development is slow. I will chop it next weekend I think.

No more winter grows!!!

19. Oh well.. at least you know what not to do next time!

20. I would try to let it go until you have any problems. That is unless you want to try and get a new cycle going.