POG in recirc Waterfarm - Tent - 600W MH/HPS - Second grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by fred_light, Aug 28, 2010.

1. #1 fred_light, Aug 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2010
    Hi,

Finally time to make a Journal again :)

This is my second grow. First one was sativa strain bagseed and I overnuted, got Mag def, treated, overnuted and ended up with Ramhorns late in flower. Good part was that I dialed the room with regards to temp, circulation etc. pretty good. So environment should not be a problem this grow either.

Adjustments from last grow include Pro pH/TDS meter (Hanna), and some modifications to the recirc system. But that stuff is for later into the grow :) For now I have:

4 clones from 2 different seeded Pot Of Gold's (clones from mothers that are the best two plants out of 3 that where female from 10 seeds).

150W CLF

Clean room :)

I cut the clones today and dipped in Clonex before they were put into bubbler (Worked like a charm first grow).

I have good tapwater, so right now they are just chillin in plain water (6.6pHish).

It's great to be running again!!

Attached Files:

2. Looks good keep us posted

3. #3 fred_light, Aug 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2010
    Thank you Hypeshot, I will try.

Some pictures from the first grow. She got big, but turned Ramhorned.

Attached Files:

4. Hi Fred :wave:

sub'd :cool:

5. Thanks for stopping by :)

Small update. Nothing new since it's day 3 in the bubbler. But at least they are alive :)

Temp is steady 22-25 degrees C (72-77 Fahrenheit) in rom and water, water slightly warmer, humidity 65-75%.

Attached Files:

6. Small update.

The clones have been in bubbler for 5 days now. Not much happening, they look the same.

Everything is under control in the room, and I decided to change the water even if there was no need (Clear water, no foreign elemets or icky stuff).

Going for a 2 part GH for nutes, and decided to give the roots something to chew on when they come out. 1/4 strength, so 0-2-4 for the ppl familiar to Lucas formula. Some pH down.

Ended at pH 5.86 and 334 ppm.

Attached Files:

7. Hi, and welcome.

The picture is from my last (first) run. She got 25% bigger than you see on the pic as well :)
    I am pretty sure I overnuted her, and with to much N she did not stop growing and formed ramhorns (you can actually see the horn on the pic, upper left corner). In the end she was way into the roof of the tent :eek:

The buds where fluffy for sure. Still smokeable though... D class buds. Lol.

This run I am carefully gonna apply nutes and monitor with my new pH/TDS meter. Going the adjust-add-back way. I am also ditching the bagseed sativaish plant (sativas are supposedly more picky on the nutes) to quality pedigree strain from seeds bought in Amsterdam.
    The Pot of Gold is supposedly easy to grow and produces thight buds.

Anyone here familiar with it??

Either way, I am aiming for a big plant this time also :devious: Around 1.2 meters/4 feet would be perfect. And if the buds become fluffy, I guess I'll hit her with some AN Hammerhead (PK 9/18) that I have around. We'll see, I am still learning...

8. gonna be keeping an eye on this one

9. I am running a "computer-operated" system as well :)

By having computer-controlled poweroutlets and a environment meter on I can do some cool stuff. Control heat and humidity for example.

Switched PDU - CW-8H - Server Technology

Here is a graph of my temps. Sample is taken every 5 minutes.

Attached Files:

10. man thats sweet as fred wow id be sick having one of thoes seems so intricate... sick though:smoking:

11. Well, they come with an easy webinterface, but that's really is no use (might as well press a button or put in a socket) if you don't write a computerprogram to communicate with it directly. Good news is that you can use almost any programinglanguage out there, as long as it talkes with telnet, a common protocol.

I'll post the humidity graph soon. Today it's picture time :)

12. So finally yesterday the root's came along :hello:

They where put in bubbler on Friday 27. aug. and showed root's (3 of 4) Tuesday 7. sept.
    So 10 days. Pot of Gold shows medium willingness to root I guess.
    Clones from the same mothers took 14 and 21 days in rapidrooter. In the bubbler, there was no differene in the two phenom.

I pH=5.8 and nuted 337 ppm (0.5) at day 5. The day after I had some funk in my bubbler, I guess it was due to light somehow coming in. Took of lid, dropped in 0.2 tsp/gallon, 1 ml/L, with 35% AN H202, and let it blend a little before I popped the top back and sealed with some tape. 6h later, the bubbler was clean and had little residue. The funk was brown and attached itself to the stem and made them browish. The air-stones was also covered.
    I was amazed at the effect. I can't seem to find any bad inpact on the plants. The two left ones look a bit hasseled, but my first grow also looked like that, and I did not use H202 on them.

Since then done nothing, just used pH down (6.5->5.8) today.

Here are some pics :)

Attached Files:

13. Lookin good man, they should start shooting off soon! I love the bubbles :)

happy growing

14. Thx :)

Yeah, they should start their crazy shooting soon, but for now I am gonna have to chill them under the 150W fluro for almost 2 weeks. Gonna be out of town most of the time. Then it's time to introduce them to miss 600W MH :) Not wanting the plants to go crazy under the 600W while I am not there. The 150 fluro should make them a lot more predictable. They should have a good root system by then, and will love the added Wattage when I get back. Hehe.

15. prob gonna die while ur gone

16. Nice with positive persons :)

Why would they die? I am not gonna leave them unattended. I would never do that with a grow. It's just that I am not gonna slam in 600W MH and wait for babysitter to call me and say "Hey, they are growing like crazy, I don't know what to do?"
    I will also be back for one evening in the middle, but again, I see no need for rigging up the MH then, for the same reason.

17. Where do you set the bottom of the stems in relation to the water height?

I've heard great things about this method of cloning but I'm having setbacks. Mine just die off after a week or so. The stems are just getting very mushy... water logged like a sponge.

18. I have mine about an inch into the water, and about 1.5 inch over. Estimate.
    I also use clonex, and dip the clones into it straight after I make the 45 degree cut. I dip about one inch.

Make sure you have loads of bubbles, if the bubbles don't work good, you can drown the plant. Not speaking from experience (since all mine have gone well), but I would guess that some strains don't work to well with bubblecloners, since people apply the same technique and fail sometimes. I don't cut away any of the leafes that turn brown/yellow during the cloning since it's the plant sucking up nutrients from the leafes before they develop roots.

19. Been gone for a bit, but got back today for a quick update.

Everything looking fine. One week since the roots came, and new growth is showing.

A bit amazed how long the roots are already :)

Attached Files: