Starting a New Grow Lab

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Archangel, Aug 9, 2010.

1. I decided to splurge on a new small room and after 2 weeks, a missing order, a summer cold, and 2 redesigns on the fly, I finally have a system worth having. Let me know what you think. Constructive criticism and compliments appreciated.

Getting the Goods:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Beginning of A New Venture:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Getting the Ventilation Down:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are all the pics I have for now. Let me know what you think.

The new products used are:
    -C.A.P. Ebb & Gro Hydroponic System
    -C.A.P. Ozn Jr. O-Zone Generator
    -GrowLab GL80L Grow Tent
    -Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow A&B
    -Advanced Nutrients Sensi Bloom A&B
    -Carbonaire 6" Carbon Filter
    -Hanna pH GroCheck pH Meter
    -Active Air 6" Inline Fan
    -Yo-Yo Light Lifters

2. I think you spent a lot of money! :eek:

I also think you have an awesome set-up man!

Good job! rep'd for a sweet set-up

What size hps is that? 600 watt?

3. looks great man. how much did it all run you if you don't mind me asking?

time to get some herb in there!

4. The complete setup cost about $2,100. The cost isn't as big a deal as you'd expect. I look at this as a investment. The way I look at it, I could have done it cheap or I could have done it right. I know there are a lot of badass DIY guys out there, but I don't have that kind of creativity. Either way, thanks for the compliments.

5. It's a 400w HPS/MH. I'm working on getting another light so I can run HPS and Mh at the same time. Or just get some LEDs. We'll see after the next harvest.

6. damn awesome grow man sub'd

7. Woah, you mean business!!

Subbed, cant wait to see the caramel!

8. Looks like you done did it right :) That controller and reservoir alone... That's where the money went. Surprising you went so inexpensive on the nutrients. I thought AN suggested like 12 other products to go along with Sensi A+B.

What are you going to be growing in there?

9. Thank you, everyone. It has definitely been a trying experience, but I believe I am well on my way.

Surprisingly enough, I found an absurdly low price at a certain website, and got the whole Ebb & Gro system for about $400. The only other prices I found for it hovered around $515-$599. As for the nutrients, that's the only subject I have been hazy about, and am kind of taking a "close your eyes and swing" approach to it, which is ridiculous, but I've been trying to find someone to mentor me. This is my first take at hydroponics, and I want to allow for as little error as possible.

My first plans for this setup is going to be Caramelicious, and I am extremely excited about it.

10. I used Sensi A+B bloom in a coco grow last year. I had a great harvest, but I was a little crazy with the stuff and burned out an OG18 pretty bad.

I haven't had the skrilla to drop on the entire AN line, but from what I've heard from the people that do use it, AN is the best on the market. AN is clearly a weed nutrient, while other companies (Dutch Master, General Hydro, Botanicare, etc) are more generally designed to work for all sorts of plants. Thus, following their feeding schedule is actually a very good way to grow with them from what I've picked up.

I think if anything, you could probably benefit from their fulvic acid, and maybe the magnesium supplement. Everything else is pretty expensive, so maybe working up to things like Rhinoskin and bud blood is a good idea.

Fantastic price on that Ebb&Grow!!! I'm toying around with the idea of picking up a 12-pod early next year to run in my 10x12. I'm excited to see how your grow goes, maybe I'll imitate.

11. Subbing.

Id love to see how this caramelicious goes.
    It will dictate my future grow :D

12. Alright, sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you all, but I finally got my seeds in after a week and a half, but am very pleased with how they were shipped. I was surprised to be rewarded with a thick paper photo of some ducklings.

[​IMG]

The photo was folded in half and taped to the photo were the seeds. The envelope was plain white, with a simple address, stamp, and on the back, a return address of a flat in 'The Netherlands'. There was no mention of Amsterdam anywhere on the envelope. I am really happy with this company.

Also, I finally got around to visiting the local hydroponics store and got some starter cubes by Grodan. I'm not sure if they are better than the Sure-To-Grow 1.5" cubes, but I hope they do the trick.

[​IMG]

If anyone has any advice or insight on the best way to utilize these in conjunction with the STG Storm Deluge for the Ebb & Gro, I'd appreciate it.

13. Watching a grow room come together is so therapeutic.

14. On my end, it's pretty chaotic right now, lol. I'm glad you like it though.

15. So I am beginning the second week of vegetation, with a plan to go to four weeks, and I am happy with the results. I have five plants that made it, four of which being Caramelicious. All of the Caramelicious has been doing amazing. I really can't wait to see the end result. I will be sure to post some pictures soon.

16. thats sick.besdies co2, whats that huge tank.. want to enlighten me?

17. Yeah, I really wish I had a CO2 setup, but I figure after my first batch sells, I'll be able to get a professional one. As for the tank, that is the reservoir for the water and nutrients. It's a 55gal drum that can support as 48 plants (or so I've heard), but normally, since I'm only running 5 plants at the moment, I try to keep it at around 22 gallons full.

[​IMG]

I'm on day 16 of vegetation and I'm not sure what to compare my plants with. I have been pretty good about keeping the pH within the right limits. The plants seem a little small, but I planned on taking them through 4 weeks of vegetation, so hopefully there will be some growth spurt before flowering.

Also, I got a second air cooled reflector and a 600w hps bulb for $50 the other day. I don't have room to fit it in the tent with this grow, but I will be adding it for my second grow.

18. Looks nice man, I think we have the same tent. I pot a Magnumm XXXL with a 600w lumitek in mine. Keep us updated.:smoke:

19. Hey man if you are looking for good advice I recommend you check out my youtube page and on it you will see a list of people that I recommend, it says growers that know their shit. REALLY great growers. YouTube - Kanaal van MrSaltine420

20. Alright, I am now at 3.5 weeks of vegetation, and I am pretty sure I'm going to start flowering on Friday or Saturday. The plants are looking good and I am very happy with how they are doing right now.

[​IMG]