Hypeshot's 1K, 4x4 Ebb&Flow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Hypeshot, Jun 18, 2010.

1. #1 Hypeshot, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2010
    Thanks Everyone for Dropping in. So What I have jammed in my slew of ducting is;
    747 CFM 8" Vortex , 747cfm Phresh Filter , 8" inch Duct Muffler and a big ass Magnum XXL that seems to dwarf everything. Obviously, running a 1000watt bulb on an old magnetic ballast..

4x4 table and a SOG style grow running 49 Nebula (paradise seeds) 2 days into 12/12. Only gave 3 days of veg & root settling before flipping 12/12. Almost a week worth of growth since transplant.

40 gallon res , about 1270 @ .7 Ppm. Started off at 600ppm , raised to 1300 within 4 or 5 days.

Also, I got my new mother box. 4 different Nebula phenos. Running on my old 8 tube T5 , dumb'd down to a 4 tube.:smoke:

Thanks for looking.

Don't hesitate to speak up :D

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      243.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      563.3 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      392.8 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      385.3 KB
      Views:
    • 13.jpg
      13.jpg
      File size:
      544.7 KB
      Views:
    • 16.jpg
      16.jpg
      File size:
      272.1 KB
      Views:
    • 10Veg.jpg
      10Veg.jpg
      File size:
      255.1 KB
      Views:
    • 7veg.jpg
      7veg.jpg
      File size:
      182.9 KB
      Views:
  2. looking fantastic hype, I'm on board for sure! :hello:

3. #3 Hypeshot, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2010
    Thanks man , I'm loving my new camera... :D First camera I've been able to get the white balance to work correctly with. It's all Nice and green , for some reason it looks funky in a few spots on the pictures.

All I need now is some more strains , It's tough down here to get ahold of anything without ordering. Damn Cali growers.

4. Nice setup bro! I like how those reflectors fill up the whole damn tent! Thinking about upgrading to some myself... Subbed!

5. fuck me that's the first cleen sog i have seen here in a while (maybe it's cause i never look at the soil grows....) Sub'd for sure.

6. Wouldn't really touch the clones 'round here. I know the fools that supply the clones, and aside from the occasional exception to the rule, they're all uneducated "growers" who are just greedy businessmen, taking advantage of the medical program, giving us real growers a bad name. Charging upwards of $15 per clone, I don't know who they think they're kidding. Don't even have a legit medical problem… How much does it cost you to take a clone? Don't cost me a damn dime! Greed, man, it's a killer.

It's ordered seeds from overseas all the way! Seeds have had years of intense care put into them by reputable breeders, who generally have a deep understanding and passion for the plant. Of course there is a little corruption in the seed industry, but at least someone cared about their strain enough to put their name on it. :cool:

7. Ahh I've just never had the pleasure of seeing things like plants and pot in stores , So it sounds so damn glorious to all the east coasters.

I love seeds don't get me wrong , I prefer over any situation to take the seeds myself out of the breeders packets. I like to be sure of my genetics , I always order from company's that ship in breeders packs for that reason.

8. haha, it's quite a novelty to see 'em all in there, but when I see that, all I can see is all the spidermite-infested people that come in and handle the clones, haha. Guess I'm just a pest-o-phobe. :rolleyes:

The grass is always greener, till you get there. Then you figure out it was just a pH problem on your side all along. :D

9. Hahah I think I mildly understood that :p Totally understand the Mite phobia.
    Don't they sell seed packs too , like breeders packs? That would be the golden ticket.

10. I've never seen 'em but I'm sure some stores have 'em. Bet they charge double, too.

I'm not legal, so I have limited experience with the actual stores themselves (some stores don't enfofce the ID unless you're gonna buy something), but I know a few of the "growers".

11. Looking nice Hypeshot. I'll be following.

12. subscribed! looks great so far man.. thanks for sharing this one.. it's gonna be huge!! :eek:

13. HIGH All, very nice Setup Hypeshot....Been using a magnetic ballast Forever and moved up to a Lumatek Digital Ballast....Man what a Difference...I'm Glad I made the Move and with a Grow like you Have..you Should move up Also....well Worth the Money.

Subed Also

14. Glad to see you started up a journal. Very cool.

Yeah I agree with Nugs on the clones. They are nice and all but fuck I have been fighting PM like crazy on them. Thankfully no Spider Mites yet, but the PM is enough to piss me off. Think I have finally beat it now though.

15. Killer set up man. Plants look super healthy. I like the mother box too. What nutes you using? Subbed for sure.

16. #16 Hypeshot, Jun 19, 2010
    I really appreciate all the enthusiasm from everyone , Unoit, I would Kill for a Digi right now... This mag does the job but it's just really Hot and less inviting. A galaxy Digi is like 399 at my local shop , a bit pricey for me considering I got this ballast for free =)

K.O.G I'm running FNG , topping off with FNB During flower.

Gimme a Few minutes I'll get you all some fresh shots , gonna do a 4:00AM top off first ;)

They already look a bit bigger. Does anybody know how accurate these cheap digital Temp meters are? It says my outdoor temp is hotter than inside the box. I have a hard time understand how the air it's drawing from is hotter before It enters the box? Maybe all the fans are throwing it off?

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      114.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      444 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      282.3 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      62.7 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      103.2 KB
      Views:
  17. Veddy nice hypeshot...:hello:

18. On those digital temp. meters the outdoor temp. usually refers to the temp. where the sensor is. Inside your box, right? i had the same confusion when i got one. They are fairly accurate. i compared it to my sentinel and a regular alcohol thermometer and they were all within a couple degrees of each other.

19. I get all kinds of readings from my cheap digi thermometers. I don't trust them very much myself. I only really use the indoor function, I just don't think those temperature probes work very well. I can put mine directly next to the unit, and still get a 10 degree difference between the readings… :confused:

how is that 1000 watter runnin for ya? still acting funny?

20. #20 Hypeshot, Jun 19, 2010
    No problems any more with the ballast , I guess the smell was from the adhesive holding that coil looking thing together. I rarely smell it anymore , I'm thinking about doing an upgrade to a digi anyway but who knows.:p

K.O.G thanks for the heads up , I Feel dumb now... why else would they have the cord on there unless it was for outdoor temps =)

Slinger, always good to see you man.

I've got a couple hours before I'm off to work till 3 in the morning =(