The Attitude X-mas Special Side-By-Side Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by 2Lazy, Dec 12, 2009.

1. #1 2Lazy, Dec 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2009
    [​IMG]

That's right! If you missed out then you missed out on the freebies but now you have the front seat to the most comprehensive side-by-side-by-side grow of strains possible.

Here Ye! Here Ye! Post your Giveaway journals here, show us your grow and we'll show you ours ;)

So what are we growing you may ask? An answer I have. All of our plants are skunk cross breeds from DNA genetics' heirloom Skunk. (+rep to 1000Hz for paying attention)

The first entry; Reserva Privada's Kandy Kush:
    [​IMG]

Described as coming from the OG Kush line, and developed in California. A Medium to High THC rating with a long flowering period.

Next up; DNA Genetics' Kushberry.
    [​IMG]

Described as an OG Kush and Blueberry cross it has a 70/30 indica to sativa ratio with a good yield, medium flowering period, and average THC percentage.

Following up these two beauties is; DNA Genetics' Sleestack.
    [​IMG]

Described as a cross of Shrom from Northern California and Martian Mean Green this is their most popular breed. It offers a high THC concentration and a 9 week flowering period.

Nearing the end we are at; DNA Genetics' LA Woman.
    [​IMG]

Described as a cross between LA Confidential and Martian Mean Green. It has a long flowering period and a medium THC concentration. It has a sweet smell and a good bag appeal.

And finally we have; Reserva Privada's OG18.
    [​IMG]

It is described as more sour tasting than the standard OG Kush with better yields and excellent quality high. It has a 9 week flowering period and a medium THC concentration.

So prepare one and all. I will be germinating my seeds on December 16th (or as soon as they arrive if later). Let us gather and compare CFL to HPS to MH to LED to Hydo to Aero to Organic. CO2, high humidity, low humidity, temperature as varied as the countries we are all from. Let's do this!

Attached Files:

2. I'd really like to see this work man, is a brilliant idea for a thread, GC is all about community, so why not a community growcase? I cant join in at this moment in time but i'll be sure to pop in and see what's happening.

3. Bookmarked! :D

4. I will be joining in on this as I already have my journal open waiting for my seeds to arrive. I have 1 Moby Dick started and will have 1 Kushberry x Skunk as soon as it gets here. Good choice for a thread!

5. This could be interesting. More details on the grow op please.

6. Got my seeds today, germinating the Kushberry x Skunk now and will be put in soil tomorrow

[​IMG]

7. #7 2Lazy, Dec 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2009
    I got my seeds today too! due to constraints I'm not starting them until Wednesday, but I'm uber excited.

I will be growing 2 of each of these plus a couple other fun things.
    [​IMG]

G13 x ??? = Crazy narcotic high. Purplish.
    Williams Wonder x ??? = Classic Sativa high with a nice umami and lemon flavor to it.
    Erkle x ??? = Extremely dense, sleepy and couchlock
    G13 x Hash plant x Big Bud = Long lasting active high with nice sweet skunk flavor

I got them all through my dispensary as bag seeds. All extremely awesome.

This ought to be a fun one :)

UPDATE 12/26:
    Three seeds have completed germination and have become seedlings. I finally lost patience with the other 17 seeds and started breaking open the rock wool to see what was going on. Only 2 others look as though they are growing and my stupid ass didn't keep good enough track of what they are. One of them is either OG 18 x Skunk, or Sleestack x Skunk. The other one could be Kush Berry, Element Zero, or G13.

I took ten of the remaining seeds which have all cracked and have the beginning of a tap root (been this way for several days now without change) and placed them in rapid rooter cubes. I also started the rest of the freebies and some 35 Element Zero seeds.

I don't expect any of my rock wool abortions to sprout but the seedling mat and rapid rooter with 50 seeds in it had better give me enough plants to grow!

8. I got all the DNA skunk cross freebies too. Also bought a pack of femenized Kandy Kush (OG Kush(chemdawg 91) x Trainwreck) seeds. I'm going to start that before I start the freebies.. I dont have much room left right now, cant wait to get them all going though.. :smoke:

Good luck with the grow, everyone who got in on that give away is going to be smokin some good stuff soon. :bongin:

9. #9 OhFuhQ, Dec 15, 2009
    I'm growing autos but I decided to go ahead and germ all 3 OG18xSkunk, hopefully I'll find a female, if so, I'll just switch from 18/6 to 12/12 once the Easy Ryders done growing and begins swelling.

I'll have to get a hold of a good camera and get some pics up once they're in pots, provided all 3 even germ!.

also these will be grown under a 400W HPS in 100% Canna Coco.

10. I hope more people that got the freebies join in on this, would be just littered with pics. How a thread should be!

11. Very interesting idea man, I don't have the seeds, but I'll be tagging along for the ride. :cool:

12. #12 1000Hz, Dec 15, 2009

No it's not that bro.. DNA crossed these wonderful strains with their own heirloom skunk.. Not a mix of other breeders strains... They explained it in the christmas video. ;)

13. Reserva Privada is just an extension of DNA, am I correct?

14. Yep that's right..

From Dnagenetics.com

15. My seeds are germinating now :)

16. Subscribed. Won't be able to try out my Christmas freebies for a while but I'd like to see how you guys do.

17. so the 3 OG18 seeds have cracked and are showing taproot's, probably be ready for potting this time tomorrow, germinated faster than my ER's.

18. #18 2Lazy, Dec 15, 2009
    I need to make the switch out of FF and this is the direction I'm leaning towards as of this morning ( I am fickle). How familiar are you growing with it. I am planning on using the Canna recommended nutrients, but I'm hoping to find some info on cannaboost before investing. Do you personally use their calculator to determine how much of "X" to add? Of course I'll be checking the pH/EC, but experience is priceless. I was considering adding 10% perlite too, but you're not, and this intrigues me.

Any experience you bring on this is going to help me out a ton :) Not many coco journals around here to learn from.

19. I have the L.A con cross germing right now. I am gonna wait and see which one to try next.

20. #20 2Lazy, Dec 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2009
    PANDA WATCH!

Well, nothing fantastic to report as of yet, but there are taproots, by tomorrow I should start to see a few seedlings peeking through, and by Saturday I might even have something to take a picture of.

I'm going to be using Canna Coco hand watering twice a day from a reservoir of about 4 gallons with an air stone in it. When I start flowering and have fewer plants I'll add the drip system and run it 3 times a day.

I'm using AN Sensi Grow two part with Canna Rhizotonic and CannaZym for veg, 20/4 lighting, CFL for the first 2 weeks then 400w MH until flowering. Flowering nutrients will be determined on how well the sensi grow does, I could start all Canna Coca A & B, or I could use Sensi Bloom A & B. Regardless I will be using Humboldt Honey ES along with whatever high P/K blooming agent I choose.