Hydro grow numero 1.5 easy ryder autoflowering

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Shorty515, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Alright so a little while back i posted my first hydro grow, long story short, both plant ended up dieing. So we started a new grow. 1 plant died again but one plant is doing alright. we've had it going under cfl's for the first 2 weeks of its above ground life and we're starting it on a 270w hps right now. we've also just started giving it its 1/4 strength nutes as well. So far it seems like its doing alright, it has a good solid root moving down into the almost into the water. here are a few pics for right now. all advice and critiquing welcome :) and thanks in advance GC.

2. noticed today that her main root is finally in the water in the bucket. hopefully she starts to grow a ton :D

3. i'll pull up my chair and some santa cookies. i would like to see how easyryders really perform in hydro setups.

4. haha alright. we may be a little slow on pics, my sister took it on vaca and im waiting for it back :/

5. So what kind of nutes are you using? What about the growing medium? Are you only gonna use the 270w throughout the whole plants life? Sorry for all the questions, all I want to do is learn. :D

6. np dude, more questions the better. Helps me learn too :D as for nutes we're (house mate and i) are using advanced nutrients, grow micro bloom as well as an ph up and down. The growing medium is a grodan rockwool in a 6" net pot with hydroton pebbles. The whole hydro bucket is from rumples bubble bucket how to, awesome guide btw, should check it out if you havent yet. Ever since the seed sprouted from the grodan it was under a daylight cfl until it was about 2.5 weeks old and thats when we first started the HPS and that will be in there for the remainder of the grow except we will probably add the cfls in there if the hps cant reach every nook and cranny.

On a side note, it would be helpful to me and everyone else that reads this thread for all of GC to post up answers to or questions looking to be answered in relation to bubble buckets or autoflowering or w.e :) Thanks in advance GC. look forward to everyones input.

7. Are you using the Lucas Formula by anychance? that way you would only use micro and bloom, that's what i've read anyway. I've been scanning through the grow journals for some hydro/autoflowering grows, so i hope i can watch this one from now til you pick them buds. Once i move out of my parents place, i plan on having a closet full of rumplebuckets. You have just one pump hooked up to one bucket? Are you aware if it's possible to just buy a bigger pump to hook up 3 or 4 buckets? Most of the threads that might have an answer are usually around 115 pages long, and that is too many pages for me. lol.

anything new with your plants?

8. we actually had two bubble buckets running off the one pump. what we did was we got the larger air pump with four hose things and put two large black airstones in the bottom and that seems to work well. And i'm dumb, the actual strain is red dwarf haha i was thinking first grow when i made this thread but red dwarf is still an autoflowering strain so youre on the right track. And newest so far is that the inner leaves are starting to get larger and the first legit set of leaves are starting to spread finally :D

9. I started mine with 1/2 strength nutes, and it posed no problems. i was also using micro and bloom gh, up and down. I also had 2 60 gallon pumps hooked up to one bucket.... 4 airstones made a ton of difference.... I know it may seem like overkill, but if one pump dies, your plants are done, and all that effort is wasted.... And make sure if you are using this setup ventilation is a major concern. you dont want that water getting too warm, and you dont want too much humidity. I had approx 30 cubic feet of space, and used 2-50cfm bathroom fans for ventilation, and a 100 cfm blower, which i used to bring fresh air to my babies. Also are you using feminized seeds? If you arent, you really should start more plants, and "weed" out the males... Ive seen alot of people start 1 plant and it turned out to be a male, which is a big disappointment. the only things I see that i would change with your setup is that the rockwool should be up to the top of your net cup. light leaks cause algae growth, and you dont want that..! also take down the foil on the walls. aluminum foil causes hotspots that will scorch you baby. white paint is best for grow room in my opinion. good choice on the honeywell fan. they are awesome.

10. thanks for your input :D right now we actualy have a 250cfm inline fan taking out the hot air in the box also its not aluminum foil on the walls but actually safety blankets which i heard were the next best thing to mylar. and maybe we'll add the other two airstones into this bucket to give her extra help :) Thanks!

oh and yes they are feminized. got them through attitude seed bank :D