The "Nukem" Chronicles!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Bud Nukem, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Well, I have waited months...I have slaved over hot spreadsheets and planning documents. I have lived in the Grow Forums for a while, and read exactly one shitload (I measured) of info about grows, grow rooms, equipment, procedures, etc., all over the Internet.

I received my Medical Permit, back in December 08, and am finally ready to make my own medicine!!:hello:

As of yesterday, we (me and my Bros) got the first room to a point at which I know I will have a bona-fide grow room ready, as soon as my new seedlings get their roots under them.

I am pleased to present:

The "Nukem" Chronicles!!

I will warn those who do not like reading...this may not be the thread for you. I will throw in lots of pictures, but I am very verbose, and that's not for everyone. I totally understand. :)

So...last night...I busted out my Seeds from BC Seeds:

The Seed Bank.jpg

And I selected the crop:

2-The Nukem Crop - Seed Form.jpg

Then I got my RO Water, to Germinate the Selected Seeds:

1 - Seeds on the Towel.jpg

And then, I put those puppies on the towel, wet them gently, and put them in a nice, warm place...

This is the beginning of a grand adventure!!

:hello::cool::smoking:

Attached Files:

2. Nukem's in the basement, Growing up the medicine,
    I'm on the pavement, bitchin bout the government.

Signed on. Will be watching. You da man.:hello::smoking:

3. Woo Hoo! Front row!!!

Duke: It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and i'm all outta gum...

4. good luck! im subscribed fo sho!

5. can't wait to see that wonderful room be put to use. Best of luck, I'll be watching to see the end results!!

6. verbosity FTW. +rep, gonna keep an eye on this.

7. Looking very nice and I checked out your grow room too. Tell your brothers I said good job. And are those seeds blueberry and kush or can I not read?

8. Hey Bud

Looking forward to this one.... best of luck... an noooo pressure buddy :eek:

9. Yes indeed...Blueberry and Kush. Mmmm...Mmmmm....Good Medicine!! :hello:

Thanks for watching...this will be fun!!

10. Pullin' up a chair.

11. Don Piano...DeWave...xxBurtonxx...NYgrow...all of you wonderful people...

I have great news...

It's Fucking ON!!!

Check these little <hopefully ladies> out! We will be putting all that have popped into the RO Water soaked tree bark rooting cubes today...hopefully all of the seeds will be snug in new homes (put in root down, transferred, of course with Tweezers, and excessive care to avoid touching the root :))by tonight! You can see another seed straight up from the obvious one that is starting to poke out, and there are some of the Kush splitting the case...

Best Close Up of First Root 1.jpg

This actually the same seed...I wasn't sure which one was best, so screw it...I will put them both up.

My first one to pop will be Blueberry #1 etc., until I can determine their personalities. I need 7 strong plants to grow, and one that will be the mother plant, after I do the first sexing, after about a week or two under the real HPS lights and they have a chance to get a little height.

I will be labeling every one of these, as to when it popped, and that way I will be able to hopefully pick all of the fastest growing, and hardiest plants, for the Final Cut...every pun in the world you can possibly imagine was intended...

Attached Files:

12. woot woot, getting closer! You plan on starting the actual grow this weekend, or you gonna wait until next week?

Also, this might have been in the grow room thread and I could have missed it, but will the mama plant be in soil or hydro?

13. All will be in Hydro. I really wish that I could grow these 7 plants up, and make a Mama for crop #2 from one of the best budding plants. But, I will need to have a mama plant ready about 4-5 weeks before I harvest, so that I can get clones in and rooted, before I drop the mature crop.

I am seriously thinking of re-vegging the very best plant for the next mama plant...the Perma-Mama, unless you folks know some good reasons not to do that.... But, to keep everything moving along, I will need to get a mama going before I really know how the first mama will bud.

I hope that makes sense, and answers the question!

14. It does.. but imo I wouldn't really re-vegg the plant. I think the ammount of buds is going to have more to do with light, nutrient, and co2 consumption than the actual plant. Obviously don't use a sick plant as a mom, but I would say any good looking plant will do just fine.

That's just my .02... maybe some more experienced growers would say otherwise though.

15. You make a very good point. The genetics will no doubt vary, plant to plant, but overall, if I get one with nice, short inter nodal length, fast grower, etc., it should be fine. The only thing I won't be able to tell, that may not vary enough to care about, is how tall, how resinous, etc.

But hey...a person has to take some chances...hehehe.

:)

16. Welcome to the fun Nuke'em! Can't wait to see ya grow through this experience as much as your plants do!

Should this not be moved to the Grower's journal forum?

17. Hi Klutter,

I thought that too...I am a totally Hydroponic Grow though...so I figured that this was the spot. If it's in the wrong spot, I do apologize!

18. Reveg the best one. It works. There is a slim chance for hermage, but you just watch it like a hawk to make sure. Have only had it happen once that I can remember, so there is the possibility. Worth a shot though. Hell if you did hermie, it is only a stress hermie, and the resulting seeds would be female, and may be better than the original.

I was just thinking.... That is alot of space for that many plants. Holy shit, been there since day 1 and the thought never occured to me.

Glad to see those seeds cracking. I can hear them.

19. Yeah Buddy!

I am going to see just how different they all are, especially within their strains. If I don't notice too much difference, then I will let the mother plant I choose at the beginning go, as it is likely it will be similar to the rest. If I notice a wider variance, I will do both the "from seed" mother, and a re vegged "best of bud" mother, and see what happens, I guess.:smoke:

And yes...it is a lot of space for 7 plants, but given all of the shit in that room, it really only allows for plants that max at about 48 inches tall. I am using the white visquine in the trays, and I may hang Mylar in the growing area, as well, to really give every plant the absolute best conditions I can. They will hopefully be short squat Indica dripping with overladen capitate stalked trichomes...four feet of Heaven!!

If they ever change caregiver rules in my state, and plant limits like they have it in Colorado...I will be ready to up my plant count, as well. Just sayin' :)

Plus, after I get my arms around the hydroponic process, and get a successful crop or two under my belt, I may want to experiment a little with LST or something, for fun.

Anyway...the seeds are a 'crackin'! "K1" went into it's cube a bit back, and I will probably have most in the cubes before I go to bed tonight. I mean...it isn't even 4:20 here, yet. It appears I got a very fertile bunch of seeds. + Rep for "BC Seeds"...very good service, and good seeds...so far...

I'll report once more before I hit the rack. They are really starting to go!

I go now, to fill expectant buckets with Hydroton...I am so excited...

20. Like...every single one of the Blueberry seeds popped. Holy crap.

4 or 5 of the Kush so far...3 of the Blueberry just need to pop out a bit further, and they will al be in fuggin cubes.

Oh. My. God.

Must Rinse Hydroton...:hello: