Goldgrowers Blue Cheese 600W Dwc Scrog Journal

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by GoldGrower, Jul 12, 2014.

1. #1 GoldGrower, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
    I have just set up this new flower tent, it's a little bigger than my last one. I have been vegging this clone for the duration of the last one's flowering period. I have topped the tips several times so really bushy 

[​IMG]

1.2m x 1.2m x 2m tent 
    600w dimmable HPS light 
    SunMaster duel spectrum bulb 
    Air cooled hood with 5" systemair fan 
    5" carbon filter and matching systemair exhaust fan
    70 litre DWC reservoir
    2x 10 litres per minute air pumps
    8x 2" round air stones
    Ionic bloom nutrients
    Fe, Mg, & Ca supplement
    2x 7" circulation fans 
    0.9m x 0.6m ScrOG screen with 50mm holes

This is the tent

[​IMG]

Got the reservoir in there 

[​IMG]

The plant's in, I damaged the roots stuffing it through the hole in the lid but it shouldn't take long to recover

[​IMG]

I got the screen in now. A little shorter than the last one. Filling the res up with a hose pipe

[​IMG]

I gave everything a good spray down with neem oil and adjusted the light to a lower height

[​IMG]

This is what I have in the water. A good glug of ionic bloom, and around 30ml of the supplement. Finished off with an EC of 1.10, ill use ionic bloom throughout the grow but won't add any more of the plant magic until I refresh the reservoir halfway through flowering

[​IMG]

A shot of the hood, that's a heat shield under the bulb. A device that doesn't seem very popular with many growers but if it helps prevent a hot spot directly under the bulb it's worth a try 

[​IMG]

The little air pumps you can see in the photos were just temporary and aren't there any more 

2. Suuuuuubed in

3. Subbed, this will be cool to see the difference 2 lights vs 1 makes.

Yeah there is an extra 50% lumens with only an extra 20% extra electricity used so should be a better set up. My estimation for this one is 20oz

5. That will be a killer harvest man! You like this stuff enough to grow it twice in a row huh?

6. #6 GoldGrower, Jul 12, 2014

This is my 4th run, and I also have 10 clones growing outdoors. So yeah, I love it lol. I have a few autos in my veg tent to break it up a bit and give me a little variety. 

My next grow will either be Tangerine Dream (x5) or an auto feminised seed making project

7. A friend of a friend got some tangerine dream from attitude and loved it so much he started crossing everything he had with a tangerine dream male. Should be nice for you.

8. I only just got the seeds and really wanted to start them now, but it would mean chucking this blue cheese out and it's massive and I couldn't bring myself to do it. 

I keep hearing good things about Tangerine Dream, it's very much a sativa so will make a nice accompaniment to this blue cheese that is very indica

9. Im subbed in dude!

What did you start this plant in before moving to this setup?
    I heard you say you had some pot noodle pot dwc's, do you start in those?

10. Subbed. That plant is big already!

11. #11 GoldGrower, Jul 12, 2014

I did have a pot noodle RDWC, it was for the pot noodle challenge, but ended in a disaster. The dam thing emptied the 5 litre reservoir all over the floor due to roots blocking an overflow pipe

This blue cheese started out in a 5 litre bucket and was moved to a 36 litre container a couple of weeks back. Finally moved to this 70 litre container yesterday

Yeah the clone was cut when the last one went in to flower, so including rooting time this one has been vegging for about 11-12 weeks lol. It's been a task keeping it this compact.

13. horrible dude..

too many leaves!

:p

:poke:

Haha 

15. The ballast is currently set on 250 watts. When things get moving ill up the wattage to 400 and then to 600 when switching to 12/12

16. I wanna increase to 600w from a 400w as we'll.. Just worried about heat.
    Subbed & it will be interesting to see all the results of the different light outputs u have on the same strain . Niceeee!!!

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

17. #19 laztjitter, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2014
    I don't think there would be much of a difference from 400 to a 600 heat wise

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1298766-2Nd-Dwc-Grow-With-White-Widow.

18. Hey hey just got my scrog in place.

1405289490238.jpg
    1405289502257.jpg