First time grow, DWC, ScrOG - Ice Bomb

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by AndyJB444, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Setup:
    62x36x20 Grow Tent
    24" 4 bulb T5HO light for veg (~8000 lumens)
    250w HPS light for flower
    Single Bucketeer DWC kit
    small 6" fan for moving air in the tent
    70CFM 120mm speed controlled fan for exhaust
    Gen[SIZE=2]eral H[SIZE=2]ydroponics [SIZE=2]Flora Series ki[SIZE=2]t[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Seed:
    Feminized Bomb Seeds Ice Bomb from The Attitude

Germinated in a cup of ph'd water, transported to ph'd rockwool after seed had sunk. Placed in dwc system and waited for seedling to pop the top. DWC currently has only ~5.8 ph'd water filled to about 2 inches above bottom of hydroton. Rockwool is sitting slightly above water level.

Pics are about 1 week after germination, and I have begun a 18/6 light schedule with the T5HO light. Still trying to[SIZE=2] dial in the temp..[SIZE=2].[SIZE=2] seems to[SIZE=2] be about 82F with the light [SIZE=2]about 4 inches above the bucket, and goes down to 79F when [SIZE=2]I ra[SIZE=2]ise it to abo[SIZE=2]ut 10 inches, and 67F wh[SIZE=2]en the light i[SIZE=2]s off[/SIZE][/SIZE]. [SIZE=2]I [SIZE=2]haven[SIZE=2]'t been r[SIZE=2]unning either[SIZE=2] of my fans yet. [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]Are these reasonable temps for vegging?[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Tips and suggestion appreciated at any time!

Ch[SIZE=2]e[SIZE=2]ers.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

Attached Files:

2. Day 24 from seed...

Keeping the temp at about 76F with the lights on, and 66 with them off.

RH has been anywhere from 20% to 35%...too low, I know, and probably slowing veg time - but don't feel like getting a humidifier, and she still is looking healthy.

Slowly raising PPM up each week, and currently sitting at around 400PPM.

Hows it looking?

One or 2 more nodes and I'll likely top.

Thanks for the advice!

Attached Files:

3. Day 34 from seed...

About a week ago I overfed and/or mis-mixed my nutes which caused my plant to have some burning and curling on my lower foliage. I quickly flushed and reduced PPM back in range and everything seemed to return to normal.

Over the past few days I have started seeing some acceleration in growth now both in nodes and root structure. Plan is to give the 6th node a little longer to develop, then FIM, then give it a couple days to recover, then flip to flower. I'll also install the scrog around that time as well.

Currently running 5.8 PH and around 490 PPM. Cheers!

As always comments or suggestions welcome.

Attached Files:

4. Day 41 from seed...

Installed a little wire screen and have started training the top along with the fan leaves. Hoping to flip in a week after a bit more secondary growth hits the screen.

I also tried fimming a week ago, and have new growth out of the top, but I have no idea how many new shoots I may have now.

Running PPM at about 550 and PH at 5.7

Cheers!

Attached Files:

5. Subbed.. they look nice.. I'm also doin ice bomb I'm on day 19 of flower.. I have a full journal on the grow if ur curious..

6. Thanks man, I've been watching your grow too. Very impressive! Though my Ice Bomb looks totally different than yours. If I can get just half the yield of one of your girls I'll be pleased. :smoking:

Cheers and look forward to seeing how yours turn out!

7. [quote name='"AndyJB444"']Thanks man, I've been watching your grow too. Very impressive! Though my Ice Bomb looks totally different than yours. If I can get just half the yield of one of your girls I'll be pleased. :smoking:

Cheers and look forward to seeing how yours turn out![/quote]

Ha! Thanks... I can really see the different strains throughout each plant.. one is very kushy, another very sativay.. I definitely like bomb seeds..

8. [quote name='"AndyJB444"']Day 41 from seed...

Installed a little wire screen and have started training the top along with the fan leaves. Hoping to flip in a week after a bit more secondary growth hits the screen.

I also tried fimming a week ago, and have new growth out of the top, but I have no idea how many new shoots I may have now.

Running PPM at about 550 and PH at 5.7

Cheers![/quote]

I flipped mine at day 60... could definitely have flipped them earlier. .

9. Day 43 from seed, Day 1 of Flower...

Got tired of waiting, and don't want to overdo veg! So I flipped. Swapped out 3 of 4 T5HO 6500k bulbs with 3000k.

Also flushed and bumped up the GH nutes to around 910PPM at 5.6PH. I will be checking frequently for burn or other issues as this is a decent jump. Fingers crossed she likes the extra food! I am also going to continue to LST and fill in the scrog. Here we goooo!

Cheers.

Attached Files:

10. I'm really curious to see how your nugs develop.. as weve been discussing mine as of lately, cause they r forming differently from plant to plant.

11. Subbed!

Looks like I got here just as the party started :smoking:

This will be fun to watch.

Cheers! :bongin:

12. Flower - Day 7

Switched over to the recommended Bloom mix (1 Grow, 2 Micro, 3 Bloom) yesterday to start the second week of flower. No visible ill effects today. Currently running at 5.7PH and 1020PPM.

I continue to tuck down fan leaves under the screen, and LST visible bud sites around the screen. Still having some issue controlling the height of the main shoot, but I am going to let it grow out a little bit more and then move it one square over and all should be even!

No visible signs of pistils yet, either - hopefully by the end of next week.

So far so good??

Cheers!

Attached Files:

13. Looking good.. +rep

14. Day 15 of flower

Finally seeing some small pistils developing. Also had a minor disaster last week while lst'ing...managed to snap off the top growth since the main stalk was so thick and thus less elastic. Oh well, everything else still looks healthy, and now my canopy is much more even.

I am topping off my bucket with a gallon of phd water and nutes every 3 days or so.

I can make out about 9-10 potential bud sites. I think i will also thin out the lower growth next week. Cheers!

Attached Files:

15. Day 21 of flower

Bud sites and pistils continue to develop, but nothing too crazy yet.

I decided to lollipop yesterday, and have stripped everything below the top 2-3 nodes.

Lets go!

Attached Files:

16. Day 29 of Flower -

Everything is progressing nicely. Continue to top off a gallon of nutes every 3-4 days.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

17. [quote name='"AndyJB444"']Day 29 of Flower -

Everything is progressing nicely. Continue to top off a gallon of nutes every 3-4 days.

Cheers![/quote]

Lookin really good bro!

18. Epic, keep it up (y)

19. You will really like the ice bomb. Its smokes fantastic! I'm still curing and its super strong.. I been try to place ur pheno to see if we shared one, being I had three different from the strain.

20. Hey right on guys - thanks for the kind words!

Tailz, your finished product looked sooo nice. If I can get anything close to that I'll be plenty pleased.

I was kind of expecting bigger buds at this point, but I guess I got a slow start on flowering since I only started seeing pre-flowers about 7 days after flipping? Oh well...we'll see what I end up with. :smoking:

Day 36 of Flower -

Still moving forward, albeit a little slower than I was expecting. More and more crystals are appearing on the trim. Seems like the stretch has slowed down, so hopefully that energy now goes into making big, juicy buds!

Either way, I am continuing to top off with a gallon of PH'd nutes every 3-4 days. The grow has become super stable the past few weeks, which from a time consumption stand point is a huge plus as I don't have to continuously monitor ph and ppm. I'll keep doing what I'm doing I guess until she starts looking sickly...

Cheers and let me know if you have any suggestions as always!

Attached Files: