660w LED/1000w RDWC 1st Hydro Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by PassivePlatinum, Oct 3, 2012.

1. #1 PassivePlatinum, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2012
    7x7 Rubbermaid Tuffshed with Reflectix Double Reflective Insulation.

Flowering: (<-- Pictures)
    -1000w Lumatek Ballast
    -Hydrofarm Raptor Hood
    -8" 400CFM duct fan(intake and exhaust out of shed).
    -RDWC

Veg Tent 2x4x5:
    -180w Prosource UFO
    -(2)240w Blackstars
    -RDWC
    -11 spot DIY Aerocloner
    -4in 170cfm fan(w/ Hydrofarm controller) & Charcoal filter

-De'Longhi 10,000 BTU Portable AC

-RO/DI water
    -Advanced Nutes + some other goodies

I have a handful of soil grows under my belt but it's taking me a bit to get a grasp of this whole hydro thing. I appreciate all the help I can get.

2. I've just been wrestling with the amounts of base nutrients to add.

I got 9 clones (Bubba and some OG) about a week and a half ago. I started at 300ppm and they didn't look so good. Dropped it down to 250ppm and they looked like they were getting better but still a few weren't looking happy. My friend said that they put theirs straight to 600, so I adjusted it to 500, checked the next day, and they took an even bigger beating. I drained half the water and added in some plain water and now it's back to 250 and they seem to be doing alright. Only have 1 root sticking into the water so far.

I've been reading through Journals and I wish I could give him more credit but I don't remember where it was that I saw this. After reading it, it made sense and had something to do with the plant adding salts into the water, and it seems to be the key!

If your pH Rises=Need more Nutes
    If your pH Drops=Too much

3. So I've noticed that 1 drop of pH Up/Down both swing the reading so much since I got the RO system. I came across this article.

Basically it's saying that you should buffer your RO water so that you don't get such a crazy pH swing. You're supposed to bring pH up to 10, then down to 6, add your nutes, and then re adjust to where it should be. I'm definitely going to try this!

4. #4 PassivePlatinum, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2012
    I was a little afraid but I left my plants this weekend. Didn't have a chance to see them from noon on friday til today(Monday) around 5pm. The PPM were at 250, pH was at 5.1 so it's still creeping down a bit. I dumped out 5 gal. of water and added in fresh 5 Gal RO, 1 TBL B-52, 1 TBL Voodoo, and 1 TBL Cal/mag, 1/2 scoop of great white and PPM my A/B to 300. After adding it to the system, the meter read 250 and pH'd it all to 5.8

The 2 of the 3 replacement clones seem to be thriving. The 3rd should bounce back. The pH was a bit off.

5. Still a bit hot, the tips look a bit burnt. added about half a gallon of plain buffered RO water and pH'd to 5.8.

I read something that said don't nute til you have 4 nodes of growth on a clone. I know that's the case with a seed. Same for a clone?

6. #6 PassivePlatinum, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2012
    Wow so the roots on the new guys just exploded! Looks as if the roots are starting to come down from the other ones as well. All the ppm shit is confusing. I was going off of the .5 conversion. I'm going to go off of EC from now on.

Here are some pictures.

My EC is at .5 and pH is stable at 5.8.... I think I found where it's supposed to be.

HELLO IS ANYBODY OUT THERE?!?!?!
    Echooo oooo oooo ooo o

7. I found it! Remembered it a bit wrong but I got the formula right.

8. They're looking so much better! It blows my mind how much the roots grew in just 1 day! EC is still .5, water level dropped, and pH creeped down a bit. I added in buffered R.O and pH'd to 5.8

9. #10 PassivePlatinum, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2012
    Just changed out the water. This time around I added in ~20% regular tap water into my R.O./DI.

Into 10 gallons I added
    4 TSP AN Sensi Grow A/B (Brought the EC to .6)
    2 TBL AN B-52
    2 TBL AN Voodoo Juice
    2 TBL Botanicare Cal/Mag
    1 Scoop Great White

Would Hygrozyme be a good replacement for B-52(almost done with the bottle)?
    Also thinking Grotek Vitamax Plus in place of Voodoo Juice?
    Thoughts on Grandma Engy's F1?
    Root Excelurator?

10. Pictures!

Bueller....Buelller....Bueller?

My mother is still doing well in her soil...At least I'm not fucking that up!

RDWC: The smaller guys have white roots, the bigger guys are starting to turn brown.
    EC is .6
    pH was at 6.2, I put it back at 5.8

pH was creeping up, think I need to bump up nutes a bit?

Cloner: Also, the one clone that made it through the day that I forgot to turn the pump on has tiny roots but the leaves look like they're close to dead. pH of the cloner creeped up to 6.1 so I put it down to 5.8

11. Feeding Schedule 2.0

After dumping the soup and putting in the new mix, the roots already look better!
    Will check tomorrow morning.

Forgot to pick up the Enggys F1, I'll get that tomorrow.

Was given a few small sample bottles of Pure Essentials Black Label - Root Enhance and Zym. I ended up throwing 3 mL of the RE into my cloner.

12. Bump for my friend ffs!!!!

13. why did you decide to go coco if you dont mind me asking?

14. No they're rdwc systems with hydrocorn(they discontinued hydroton).
    I have a mother in FFOF.

15. Last night I changed my nute formula....version 2.0!

I also changed out the rez and the roots instantly looked better! Itching to see how they're doing today!

EC .8
    pH 5.7

16. Ill sub bro. I'm a sucker for hydro lol. Something about it .. Who knows :smoke: either way bro looking forward to watching these grow. :wave:

I'm sure I read it on the first page but I'm stoned and I'm on page 2, what strain are the clones? Lol good luck bro

17. THANKS!!!!! :wave:

You've offered some pretty good advice in other threads so I'm looking forward to your thoughts! Honestly I lost track of what's what since I've killed so many. I know the 3 in the middle are "Deep Sleep" supposed to be an OG. I think the 3 on the left are Chem dog and the other 3 are either Bubba or more Deep sleep.... I'll have to wait til flowering to be sure...ish. lol. The mother plant I'm starting is Reserva Privada OG #18

18. fuck it, it all smokes the same right. lol. i havent found a strain to mother yet, as mucha s i would like to. I am thinking I want to mother a Blueberry plant. just gotta find the right genetics.

19. Roots all look white and loving it! EC dropped back to .8 and pH dropped to 5.4 so I added in a bit(1/2 gallon or so) of tap water, pH'd to 5.8 and left everything else. Alright! Now we're on track!

Still can't believe what a tard I am sometimes. Had forgotten to plug in the cloner for the second time so I killed some more. GAAAHHH. Well my mother plant i getting bigger so I'll be able to pull a bunch of clones off her in a bit.

I find one, mother it for a round or 2 and then send it in for flowering.