whoever said you cant use males for hash...

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by godsherb420, Mar 23, 2009.

1. #1 godsherb420, Mar 23, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
    was completely wrong. i chopped down my whole male plant and cut it up, which was about 14" of plant. first i cut off all the branches and kept them to the side, and then when it was just the main stem i started cutting that in to tiny pieces. i cut everything up with scissors so there were smaller piece. i kept all the trimmings in this little container to dry, but it took 2 days to only dry out a bit, so i put them in to a coffee tin and spread them out. they were dry enough after only a few hours. after they were dried out i weighed them at about 8-9 grams. i also had it drying out on a cookie tin thing but when i tried scraping it i scraped into the metal, so i poured some iso in there and then strained it into the plate.

then i just followed the qwiso hash guides here. still have to do the second/third wash and see if i can get some more out. anyways, i took a pic so that people can see that male plants can be harvested for hash. i'm happy that i did that, because now i can conserve my weed by sprinkling/dipping it in hash.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. yessir....well done. nice amount of hash from most peoples waste

3. I want to know how the high is - it looks OK, but its potency is another story.

4. i can rip off 0.05 from it and get moderately high, and 0.1 gets me blazed. it's really good hash... better than what i just paid for anyways. when i compressed it, it became black in color and gets gooey when i hold it in my hand. it's nice. :smoking:

5. you just saved SO many males out there. ppl don't understand that you don't have to waste the males completely. ALL of my males go into making cannibutter

6. how old are the males when you use them for butter or hash. I wish I would have read this before I killed, cut up and put my 3 males in the yard waste.

7. Personally, I'd rather not risk my entire crop just for that .05 of hash.

8. #8 cody8892000, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2023

9. It looks like dust? Could it be outdoor by chance?

10. you know, other chemicals dissovle into ISO besides THC right?

11. thats cool man,i'm going to do the same thing if my plant is a male:D

12. I wouldn't even bother with that shit, but that's just me. I'm going to stick with my female plant trimmings if I'm not using bud for hash.

13. For the record, Ive made qwiso with immature trimmings before and didn't get very high. I would assume you would be smoking a good amount of nutes in there.

AlexyonFire, what other chemicals dissolve besides THC and plant matter?

14. how much hash did you say you got from one plant?
    and how much would you have to put in a joint per say to get blitzed?
    thanks!
    :)

15. #15 goombah111, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2015
    gotta filter that

Edit; 6 year old thread woops lol =P

16. i read sometimes in high times and other cannabis magazines that male plants can be more potent than female. seeing as how filtering is used anyway with any type of hash...male plants would be the best use for hash if your not splicing or seeding

17. 🌿

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. This is actually really interesting. This is the first I'm hearing about this.