What is the best way of making dabs ? Please reply.. haha

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Mr-NiceGuy, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Hey theyah, I'm tryna figure out the easiest and most efficient way of making something dabable such as oil, wax, shatter... you know what I mean. I've learned a few very good qwiso techniques, I'm staying away from BHO due to the Butane, I'll smoke it and all but I ain't makin' it. I'm explosion free. (Don't even say the Iso will make any explosions, that's bullshit & I'm not bashin' BHO. I'll be smart about it.) I also know there is nothing actually called "dabs," that's just a common nickname for the concentrates.  But yeah anyways, if anybody could help me out here that'd be great. Like I said, I'd like to figure out the easiest and most efficient way of making a concentrate that I can dab with my rig. I also would like to get the best purity with the highest yield I can.

* I mentioned that I've heard some good qwiso methods but throw them at me anyways, if ya know some.

** I've been looking into Matt Rize's Ice Wax, well, Bubble Hash too because I think he dabs that.

***PLEASE reply to this with your technique of making yourself some "dabs." I'll really appreciate it.

Toke up!

****Calling oil, wax, shatter, "dabs," is like saying your itching and itch... I'm dabbin' some dabs yo! Irritates me sometimes haha.      

2. I use kief for my qwiso. WAY cleaner to use,with HUGE yield to solvent ratio. I'm getting a gram for every 3 grams of 70 micron kief. Still got more to perfect, but getting close to 15 grams out of a bottle of ISO is amazing cheap. I fucked around with butane for awhile, everyone had me convinced it was better than qwiso. Not So IMO

knives heated dull red
    release sweet smoky nectar
    I am lifted high

3. as far as terpenes go, a hydrocarbon extraction does a better job. More flavorful.

4. True true Jimmy! The dry sift kief method is just what I use, although it does lack in taste, I should probably mention that in the future lol kief from bubble bags seems to have the least amount of turpenes, all I get is "hash flavored " oil. It's not bad,but sometimes I miss that dank flavor

knives heated dull red
    I am lifted high

BHO is actually safer to make because the butane will evaporate at room temp so you can just leave it in the sun or on a bowl of hot water and it will evaporate fairly quickly. People tend to underestimate the danger of heating alochol, it can be extremely dangerous. I know a man who has huge nasty ass scars all over his chest because of an explosion caused by alcohol. You should be using the same safety precautions for either process really, no open flames, no smoking, wear gloves (static shock could easily ignite alcohol vapors or butane) etc.

That said, I don't really have a preference. I've done both and had better yields with iso but a cleaner taste with butane. The key to either is to avoid contamination. Make sure your bud/kief/shake/stems are clean and you evaporate off as much solvent as you can. I have no experience with bubble hash.

6. but just because butane boils at 31F doesnt mean you can just leave your dish in the sun for a few hours and its done. If you dont have a vacuum chamber you need to let your dish sit on 100F heat for like 3-4 days before scraping it.

7. And ISO cant beat BHO for yield, ever. :) 

8. ^^And why not? I get the same yield soaking with iso as with butane.

knives heated dull red
    I am lifted high

9. #9 Currin_0, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
    "I also know there is nothing actually called "dabs," that's just a common nickname for the concentrates"
    To op: yes there is something called dabs. A dab is the process of dabbing (dipping and letting off ,dipping, etc in a semi fast motion) on the nail with the concentrate. The nickname for the concentrates is oil, wax, bho, shatter and so on.

10. I doubt your concentrate looks or taste any thing like mine if you "soak" it in ISO.

I get more than 95% of the extractable resins in a single pull and it looks like honey or gold if the material is good.

11. I use hash. So yeah it's pretty fucking bomb. Using flowers is a waste. I can pull 3-5 grams off 1 cup of ISO. And when I make Bho I use the soak method as well WHICH YOU HAVE TO DO WHEN USING HASH/KIEF. I also pull 3-5 grams per quarter can of tane. Doubt your getting anywhere close to that. And I've gotten into winterizing large batches, which takes out EVERYTHING but the cannabinoids. No waxes or fats or chlorophyl.

knives heated dull red
    I am lifted high

12. I know that man. I'm not tryna sound mean here, but that's common sense. I asked what the best way to make something for "dabbing" was, which should imply that I knew what a dab was. I was saying that dab isn't a concentrate, it's an action. We're on the same page.   

13. So buy a rig?

14. #14 Mr-NiceGuy, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2014
    I have one. I have some wax right now. I posted this thread to try to figure out the best and most efficient way of making some. I know how to run BHO, however I'd rather now because I don't like dealing with butane. I like qwiso, I'm going to try making a couple batches this summer. I just didn't know what other methods were out there? I'm also curious to what the easiest and quickest way of purging qwiso would be.. ?  

edit: Sorry if I'm coming off like an ass hole, I'm not tryna be one. haha 

15. Use hash/kief for excellent yield/product, and you can speed up purge with a hot plate or heat mat.

knives heated dull red
    I am lifted high

16. vacuum will be the ultimate way to purge it.

keep your IPA and material frozen for at least 12hr before running it and keep your washes short

17. What could I use to strain qwiso if I don't have coffee filters?

18. The best way of making dabs is ISO. God gets angry when you ruin his most beloved plant by stripping it with butane. He then gets more angry when you pollute your body, that He spent a good day designing, by smoking the never entirely clean aftermath of your bud Armageddon. Ensure your place in His grace by smoking nothing that contains butane.

19. Hey theyah Jimmy, haha, so I can use a vacuum purge method to purge when washed with Iso? I am going to purchase a candle/wax heater/coffe mug heater thing ya know what I mean? I've seen those work pretty good. What about purchasing a rice cooker to boil out the Iso?   

20. I like to make ice wax.  I use techniques learned from watching BubbleMan and Matt Rize videos.

While it is not as tasty or clean as some good shatter, it is still very potent and dab-able.  For me it is safest and easiest method of making dabs. I am not educated enough to make bho safely nor do I own the proper tools and equipment or have access to a private outdoor area.  Until then it is ice wax for me!

Happy melting,
    D_U