When to harvest my white widow help...

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by dsaop, Oct 12, 2011.

1. #1 dsaop, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2011
    hello gs .
    its my This first growth, I have a white widow 85 day from seed. 12 weeks
    i Flushed it yesterday my question is

1.when to harvest the plant.

2.Is it necessary to water the plant with plain water after the Flushed or let it dry a few days and then cut it

Here are some pictures:

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Looks nice
    Well I would t give it anything now ur going to dry it anyways
    I would leave it in a 24 to 30 hours of darkness
    Then harvest
    Then dry
    Then cure

3. why darkness ?

4. You will get more resins makes it more potent

5. I wouldn' expect much of a response - thousand of ppl post the exact same question, and most ppl reply saying 'read the god damn sticky on when to chop' - so maybe do that.

6. #6 1sttimegrower, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2011
    ^ this. But heres some help because im nice and toasted :p

Get a scope or a really good camera or anything that'll let you see a macro image of trichomes close up. Once every trichome is cloudy you can harvest any point past then; I wait until lots of ambers for a heavy high, though. 20%-50% amber is a nice range.

It looks nice and hairy, but you don't smoke hairs; wait until the buds have matured and gotten bigger, forcing the hairs to recede inside the buds. It looks like its happening now, with the buds fattening up, so let it go for a bit more.

Harvest is a combination of smell, feel, and looks. If your weeds stinky, its close to ready; if its rock hard, its close to ready; if trichomes are cloudy, its close to ready.
    If all three, you just might be ready.

Heres a couple pictures of my current, outdoor, white widow that is NOT ready yet; I'm giving it another week if its not coming down sunday. You want something like that. Its currently ~ 58% cloudy ~ 40% clear ~ 2% amber; the hairs are burned by morning dew + morning sun so they are not an indicator for me.

Attached Files:

7. *adding on for your second question
    I don't really get it; the flush is a process that takes multiple heavy waterings of plain water. Not a one time thing; yes, you can flush with plain water once but that won't leech ALL the salts (unless you literally stick a hose in the bucket for 15 minutes). Water your plant as needed, up until harvest.

8. Thanks to everyone especially to 1sttimegrower.

9. heyeah good advice - sorry, bad mood and not enough time to help. Also no experience! Ha. Good luck Dsaop