Dry Ice Hash method!!!! OMFG

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by rapidcharger, Jul 31, 2011.

1. #1 rapidcharger, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2011
    Well its actually a keif method. but this works great none the less..

I dont have a scale to tell me how much I got off this but using this method I was suprised to get ALOT of fucking keif.. I used 2lbs of dry ice a 220 micron bag (trial and and error using the others) I just smoked a key tip of this shit and omfg is it potent.. fuck yeah

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1buSgDNfGFQ]‪Dry Ice Hash Demo‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

2. same as using a blender? no?

3. #3 rapidcharger, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2011
    This is my first time doing anything this... but i dunno, how is that way??? I just cut my trim in small pieces with scissors as best I could. i didnt process it. i dunno if it would make a difference or not. but seems to work pretty good

4. ya iunno, i wanna make some but dont know how, that way looks easy.. where do you get dry ice?

5. albertsons.... dude is it easy just make sure that you use a 220 micron. unless you got alot of trim... and fine as fuck i suppose....

get a few good lbs he used 5lbs for 3oz. i had more than 3oz and used 2lbs (didnt see he said 5lbs, i guess it just took longer to get the trim cold) . but his was very fine. almost power, mine was still kinda leafy...

but dude really, of what some people throw away, i had to have gotten like a good 7grams of keif i was in shock when i got the 220 bag on there and shook it. holy fuck

6. Kinda big pic

[​IMG]

7. Just did this again on just fan leaves and other non real trim, trim..
    12.5g. Wooooot

8. I didn't have a scale before. And I'm 100% sure it wasn't 7g was more like 25g. My scale I used before only weighed by ounce. and was really not that dependable for anything under an ounce.

9. Anyone else experienced the mesh clogging up with keif when. Using this method?

I have 220 micron 1gal

10. Nice.. Clean neat & simple.. Great post

11. [quote name='"Sickleg"']Anyone else experienced the mesh clogging up with keif when. Using this method?

I have 220 micron 1gal[/quote]

No I was using a 220 bag too.. I'm not sure if it should be smaler or not.

But don't let the dry ice sit too long in the bag. The plant matter gets wet

12. Use a 73 bag

13. [quote name='"percul8r615"']Use a 73 bag[/quote]

I definitely wouldn't go with a bag this fine for dry ice. You want a 190 or 220, or at least a 160.

Yes you end up with a less potent product but the double or triple yield easily makes up for it.

14. [quote name='"Sickleg"']

I definitely wouldn't go with a bag this fine for dry ice. You want a 190 or 220, or at least a 160.

Yes you end up with a less potent product but the double or triple yield easily makes up for it.[/quote]

I use a 73 micron bubble bag for my dry ice hash. It comes out blonde and nice. You go ahead and use your 220 and get you yield, I'll stick with my purer product and potency

15. This is what I get with 220 micron. Not blonde per say but the color of the hash is different for each strain.

Attached Files:

16. Is that dry ice or bubble?

17. Dry ice. Never tried making bubble and probably never will now that I know this technique.

18. [quote name='"Sickleg"']

Dry ice. Never tried making bubble and probably never will now that I know this technique.[/quote]

Bubble is way more
    Pure

19. [quote name='"percul8r615"']

Bubble is way more
    Pure[/quote]

It's also a lot more hassle and takes longer. If I really need something pure that i could dab, then I'll buy some 99% iso and dissolve the dry ice hash and run it through a coffee filter. It would still be less work than bubble hash.

What does this have to do with this thread or my picture anyways... I wasn't going to be a dick but why the hell would I post a picture of bubble hash in a dry ice hash thread and right after discussing ideal mesh size for this technique. I said "this is what I get from a 220 bag". Now idk if you've ever made bubble hash mr. Knowledgeable but you need more than one bag usually.

20. Im going to try this method... Ill split the runs and do one run in the 220m or 160m bag, and the other run in the 90m or 73m bag, Ill see if there is a huge difference.

Ive made BHO , Water Extracted (Bubble) , Dry Sift and ISO Hash , so I will be able to compare this method with the others.

I got a Lb of popcorn buds and trim, so each run will be good size.

Ill post back in a few days.