Drying bud smells like hay???

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Joentuff, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Ok my bud has been hanging for 5 days and now it smells like a bail of hay, what gives? It doesn't look like mold anywhere, and it looks great and seems to be drying up well but just smells odd, anyone heard of this?

2. Some strains just have poor smell i guess?

3. yeah my junk looks golden and crystally and tested with flying color but smells like sausage more than anything now that it's hanging.. really weird

4. dont worry, the real good smells will come out after a few weeks curing in a jar.

5. It smells like grass or hay while wet. Once it's cured for a couple weeks, you'll have that familiar cannabis smell.

6. Thank god I was really worried, it looks so pretty to be messed up haha

7. yeah the sausage is subsiding to stanky citrus that stings ma nostrils!!!

8. It smelled like sausage?

9. ^^^^ ive defs gotten herb that had that spicey....salami smell more than sausage...but it doesnt actually smell like the meat...more like the spices used to flavor it.....

10. Huh...never had any that smelled like that. I thought he meant it full on smelled like sausage.

Someone should breed bacon weed.

11. oh it smelled/ does smell like straight delicious sausage.. makes me hungry and worried that I grew some weird herbs

12. I want some sausage weed!

13. i always get a pickle smell in my curing jars... kinda curious huh? the bud tastes like skunky sugar...

14. Ive had bud that smelled like straight up meat it must not have been cured properly

15. my auto buds have just been placed into the jars for curing. It had that peppery grass smell,But every now and then a familiar smell would swing. lol

16. My auto is in it's last weeks of flower and smells like gym socks and sweaty jock straps. Weird thing is of you touch the bud and smell your fingers it smells fine....

Ps I Idon't really know what sweaty jock straps smell like I just imagine thats what it would be like lol

17. Dude I know exactly what your talking bout. From drying to curing for 3 weeks now, the gym socks smell disappeared. The jar still has a faint hay aroma. But when I smell the buds directly, they almost dont smell of anything. Only when squeezed theres a lil citrus smell.

I heard this shit happens some times. And usually a good cure is suppose to bring it back. Some say 2-3 months. So I hope the wait will be worth it.

Heres a good curing tutorial:

A perfect cure every time - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

I hope u let me know when you notice improvements.

18. Lol every one thinks that my weed is bad but seriously when you get that sticky shit on your fingers it's smells great man. Keep this thread going dude I'll let you know when it comes to harvesting what's happening smell wise.

19. Mine are smelling exactly like this too! I figured it just the breaking down of various molecules like sugars and stuff. I was a little worried too because before harvesting and canning my bud smelled glorious! Like a citrusy bubble gum something something. Bagseed too.