How To Make Hash Using Bubble Bags - {Picture Tutorial}

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by BudStoned, Jan 20, 2010.

1. #1 BudStoned, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2010
    How To Make Hash Using Bubble Bags

The Marijuana that is used to make bubble hash can be either dried or freshly cut green
    You will need as much Marijuana scrap, cuttings or buds as possible.

This example uses about two pounds of freshly cut trimmings and popcorn buds.

===========================
    Supply List:
    1. One set of Bubble Bags -- either set is fine.
    ( When buying your bubble bags keep that in mind..
    the 5 bag sets make the same exact hash as the 8 bag sets only cheaper..
    you really only need the last two bags
    . )
    2. Two buckets and a pouring cup
    3. Plenty of ICE
    4. Large spoon or stirring device
    5. A pressing screen
    ============================

Step 1
    Get everything together..
    Order your bubble bags from smallest to largest...
    20 micron
    75 micron
    720 micron
    160 micron
    220 micron
    [​IMG]

Step 2
    Put them in the buckets with the smallest micron bag going in first. The Largest Micron bag is your "working" bag and it goes in last.
    -----------
    TIP::: Be sure to fold the first two bags over the lip of the bucket... This protects your finished product from any contaminants that may get in.. e.g. hair, dirt, leaves and scrap.
    [​IMG]

Now get all of your scrap Marijuana together
    [​IMG]

Step 3
    Put it all in the "working" bag and add water
    ( just enough to cover the Marijuana - leave some room for the ice )
    [​IMG]

Step 4
    Add your ice or in this case snow from outside....
    [​IMG]

Now stir it... mash it... squish it... and work with it for awhile...
    Use a big spoon or something big enough to stir it all in... hands work well but the water is too cold to use your hands for the entire process. Stir stir stir....
    You could use an electric mixer or a drill with a paint mixer on the end to mix it all up.

( Basically what you are doing is rubbing the leaves against one another to knock off the frozen trichomes and get them into the bottom bag -- so do this for awhile... )

Step 5
    When you think you have done it long enough to get some product in the bottom bag... stop and check the bottom bag... slowly pull the top bags out all together leaving everything intact. Put the top bags on top of your second bucket.. there are still trichomes in the water that is coming out of the bottom so save all of that.

What you will see is a big gooey pile of pure trichomes. DO NOT TOUCH THIS STUFF

This step takes practice... you will need to scrape all of that out with a metal spoon... and use the small cup to pour water around the pile... this will make it all collect in the center. It may take a few times to get it all.
    [​IMG]

Step 6
    Now that you have your spoons of trichomes you will need to put all of that on your pressing screen.[​IMG]
    Fold it up and press it between some paper towels... press it hard to get all the water out.
    [​IMG]
    Now unfold your pressing screen and you have hash...
    [​IMG]

DO NOT HANDLE THIS CHUNK..
    The heat of your hands will make it sticky and you will have a hard time getting it together again. Keep it cold... put it in the freezer until you are finished sifting your Marijuana.

You will want to repeat this process until you check the bottom bag and it is empty... each time you do this you will get a little more... so keep repeating these steps, until you are satisfied.

Rolling this and pressing it is a whole other tutorial...
    But for a quick tip.... keep your hands wet with cold water... keep the chunk somewhat cold and knead it into a ball. Get a large piece of glass to roll it around on... knead it and knead it until it changes color and gets easier to handle.. KEEP YOUR HANDS WET WITH COLD WATER is the best tip I can give you....

The finished product after repeating the process about 5 times and rolling it around for awhile.....[​IMG]

The look on your buddies faces when you whip this hash ball out and say "Let's Smoke" - priceless...

:hello:Have fun....

-------------------

Attached Files:

2. i love making hash

3. Sweet man! I have a few tips to add to the process. One, I mix for 15 min, then let it sit for 30min. The sitting is good to let everything settle to the bottom of the bags.

Also, instead of trying to "use the small cup to pour water around the pile... this will make it all collect in the center." what I do is dip the screen back into the water and everything collects to the middle. If you keep doing this, it will all collect in the middle making it easier to scoop out the gold. :D

Another tip is I like to take a small bowl (for cereal not smoking) and hold the screen over the bowl nice and tight. Then I use a spoon to collect the golden goodness. This way you get EVERYTHING off that screen. :hello:

Also, any more tips on making such a kick ass hash ball I'm all ears. I've NEVER had it turn out like yours, A+ man.:wave:

4. id like to add if you freeze the trimmings small buds for a couple hours then crush inside of a big bag to a smaller material it increases the first run by a long shot guess it knocks off the trichs a little bit easier when its frozen and crumbled

5. Could use a friend bump ;) Reminds me of a peanut butter ball lol.

6. Thanks...
    Peanut Butter Fudge Ball... mmmmmmmmmm...

:wave:

7. #8 NzGrower, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2010
    For my best results, i dry the trim for a few days first.
    Then freeze for a good amount of time.
    I have read up that if you Freeze wet trim whats just harvested,
    it just makes a mess, is this true

8. Nice,i will be trying this soon after my grow is finished

9. I need to get a set of those bags, that ball of hash looks lovely!

10. Will you adopt me?:eek:

11. That's one perfectly round ball of joy.

12. Another sweet tip for those who dont have a paint mixer or dough mixer. Grab a drill, Cordless or whatever, Grab a wooden spoon like your mom used to smack you with, put it in the drill! Now you got something better than hand stirring. but the drill can get heavy after a while too. Oh well power tools are Sweeeeeeeet

13. For 2 pounds of trimming you extract only 10.6 ? it's small no ?

14. [quote name='"akgreenteam"']Another sweet tip for those who dont have a paint mixer or dough mixer. Grab a drill, Cordless or whatever, Grab a wooden spoon like your mom used to smack you with, put it in the drill! Now you got something better than hand stirring. but the drill can get heavy after a while too. Oh well power tools are Sweeeeeeeet[/quote]

Edit: I'm a doofus.

15. [quote name='"spmicy1"']For 2 pounds of trimming you extract only 10.6 ? it's small no ?[/quote]

What I'm wondering...

OP you claimed to of used 896 grams of product and got back 10?!

16. How much trim is used for the final result is 10.6g ?

17. I squirt it with a squeeze water bottle with small holes is the cap to gather it in the center. This also works pretty good.
    I use a bucket to hold the screen tight for me & a credit card to scoop it up. it's the only time I appreciate a "high interest rate".:p

I got 16.7 grams of various grades of melt out of about 5 oz's of straight bud that was freeze dried minutes after harvest. doing another 5 tonight.:smoke:

18. wow nice way to make hash. never thought about making it like this. thanks