My Phatt Fruity and Himalayan Gold Harvest w/ pics

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by sci-fi-dude, Apr 9, 2009.

1. I harvested last week and have finished drying the bud today. I weighed the harvest and took some pics and now just have another month of curing to go before I smoke, although I will have to dry a bud on 4/20 at least.:smoking:

I got 145 grams (a little over 5 ounces) of what looks and smells to be high quality bud and I got a lot of popcorn bud that was not dense enough for me to keep as bud so I cut it up and got almost 2 ounces of popcorn bud and sweetleaf for QWISO hash.

I used a 400 watt HPS for flower so my 5+ ounces of bud is about .35 grams per watt. I think I can do better next time but not bad for my first succesful harvest.

Here is the weigh in:

The empty bowl had a weight of 57 grams so all the pics with bud have to have 57 grams subtracted from them to get the net weight.

[​IMG]

Here is plant #1 with a net weight of 53 grams (110-57)

[​IMG]

Here is a side view of plant #1 filling the bowl:

[​IMG]

Here is plant #2 net weight of 24 grams (81-57)

[​IMG]

Plant #3 net weight of 30 grams (87-57)

[​IMG]

And plant #4 net weight of 38 grams (95-57)

[​IMG]

And here is my 2 ounces of popcorn bud and sweet leaf!

[​IMG]

And some pics of my total harvest:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I did no training for this grow so I am going to try SCROG for my next grow and hope to get at least .5 grams per watt or more. Still I am very happy with the harvest and should be set for a while!:hello:

2. Nice man keep up the greatness! LOL i love that bong got one similar but love this one! They just rip so smooth:eek:

3. Looks like a ncie harvest, and thats gonna be some nice hash too. Thought about the butane extraction at all?

4. Great Harvest!
    It looks like good smoke too

5. Damn, well done!!! I can' wait to hear how the Himalaya smokes. I have a little on the way!

6. yeah man sick harvest plus rep for this one.

7. thats sum good lookin bud you got there, enjoy that all day...if you hit the TARE button on the scale AFTER you place the empty bowl on the scale it sets the scale back to 0 even with the bowl on the scale so you dont have to do all the subtracting shit... unless your tare button doesnt work but idk how it would break

8. Major props sci-fi!! I posted in your other thread, but goddamn son!! That will last you forever. I ended up with about a single jar's worth of bud and I still have a ton left. I am excited for you! There is something ethereal and surreal about smoking bud that you grew yourself. I imagine it's that proud feeling you would get when your first child graduates college :laughing:

Enjoy and please PLEASE give us a smoke report once you get there.

...any plants for a second grow?

9. I have never made hash before and the QWISO method looks so easy so I think I am going to try that out with this batch.

10. THanks a lot....I will def. be writing up a smoke report in a few weeks....I am excited to try the Himalayan Gold as well...supposed to be great for creativity but we'll see.

11. thanks for the +rep man!!

12. Yeah...I figured that out after the fact...next time the TARE will be used. Thanks.

13. THanks a lot man....yeah I am pretty happy right now...

The quantity no doubt will last me a long time but now I like growing and I also want to get a stash of several different strains for some variety so I will keep growing. I did just pull the plug on my next grow though just because we have a lot going on in the next few months with family visiting and trips and stuff....hated to do it as I had just flipped them to 12/12 a few days ago but it was just not meant to be....the grow gods were not smiling down on the grow like they were for the last.

I am going to take a break for a few months and enjoy the herb I got and I just ordered Barney's Farm Sweet Tooth and Greenhouse Seed's White Widow for my next grow which will be starting sometime in July or August.

I am very excited about those strains so am already psyched up for that and will be making some improvements to my setup in the meantime....will keep watching your grow all the way through...good luck!

14. Sorry to hear you had to pull the plug on your other plants, but family is important and there will be other opportunities to grow in the future :D

I highly recommend taking a break after your first grow. After my first grow I took a four month break. I'm really glad I did. All of the responsibility and stress of managing your first grow (along with all the mistakes and learning) can leave you feeling pretty exahaused. During your break you can enjoy your herb and reflect on your experience. It is also a great opportunity to "retool" your set up so will be more efficient for your next grow.

Hopefully we will still see you around the boards now with you taking a break! Good luck man :cool:

15. Awesome grow bro:hello:

I as well have just seeded a few herbs. Two Himalayan and two white widows. After 20 years of giving the dude my money I found it best to grow Gods great gift myself.

All that I have been reading about Himalayan Gold suggest that this strain can grow very tall (6') and very wide (5').

May i ask how big the plants grew?

I seen the video by greenhouse on youtube and the Himalayan they had growing was massive and the yield was more then a pound per plant. And they usggeted that if grown outside the strain can easily give out a kilo (2.5 lbs)

I am using soil as my first crop with L.E.D UFO lights along with some daylight 100 watt bulbs to help out.

After months of research on my layman behalf it seems best to build my own setup with a mixture of Deep Water Culture and Aeroponics. I want my system to have the best of these perspectives.

Anybody out there have something similar set up???

I know plenty of Hydro shops in my area of southern Cali are extremelly against L.E.D with mostly crappy reasons to persuade you to avoid them. But from all the scientific research and various blogs, not to use L.E.D lights would seem very ignorant. They are costly but you make you money back within a couple of months.

16. Hey SOCALI714,

Yeah the Himalayan Gold's can grow big....I am sure they would be monsters outside....I vegged them for exactly 30 days (counting from the day it sprouted through the ground) and they were very bushy and just over 20 inches at that point. They stretched for the first 3 weeks into 12/12 and grew to be well over 5 feet tall which was really all the room I had vertically.

They did not get all that wide, the Phatt Fruity's were much wider, but if you don't have much vertical space I would definitely look into LST or SCROG for the Himalayan's. If I ever grow that strain again that will be what I do to keep the height down. Training would help you get more yield too as my plants were so tall and bushy that the bottom 3 feet of the plant did not get enough light and so just developed airy little popcorn buds. The tops did produce some nice bud though.

I don't really know anything about L.E.D. lights but I am sure it will work out for you, especially if you are supplementing with CFL's.

Good luck...let me know if you post a grow journal...I would love to see your Himalayan Gold's and am interested in the White Widow as well. I should have a smoke report on the Himalayan Gold in a few weeks if your interested.

Thanks.

17. sci-fi-dude,

Thanks for the info dude! I am planning on posting a journal it would be a great training exercise for me and fellow neophytes.:hello:

I have heard so much about how healthy it is to talk to your plants so I took an extra step and play a continuous chant of Buddhist monks. I wonder if the Himalayan strain will appreciate the vibe since it originates in the Nepal region of the world.

Experiemnts, experiements.

I think it would be a great help to open up the wisdom to L.E.D lights. It is my first expience but I tend to pick up new brain cells when ever I can. If this new light feature is as great as they say they are then it would definetly put other lights at harms way. They are expensive at first but with a $5 to $10 electric bill monthly....they can not be beat..

Let us know when you bring flame to the herb!!!:smoking:

18. SOCALI714....if your interested I just posted a smoke report on the Himalayan Gold here:

http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing/381771-2-smoke-reports.html

The Himalayan Gold was fantastic! Def. recommend it.

19. Congrats again sci-fi!

Way to go man :cool:

I bet it feels good to finally cross the finish line :smoke:

20. Hey All,

That is some fine work right there my friend. Color me impressed!