Spent Stash after BHO - not 'can I smoke it'

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by MastahRolla, Feb 16, 2012.

1. But can I cook with it?

Here's my thinking, I was discussing with a friend about different cannabanoids and where they are stored in the plant. Some research has suggested inside the plant material there are cannabanoids which can not be extracted trough butane because they are polar, and are not easily stripped by the butane.

Mainly this is cbd as I believe.

cbd is often called upon for medicinal needs like anti-anxiety.

So...
    Would devising a cooking method to extract these be beneficial?

I was thinking of adding to boiling water for 5 minutes, straining, and then adding to hot water+butter for a slow cook.

The initial bathe will help cleanse the bud and vape off any residual tane in my thoughts...

Ideas?

2. Just QWISO it, decarb and then mix with some chocolate or brownies. Wont be super potent, but will get you high.

3. make edibles. we used 3 ounces of duff on some chocolates the other day. 2 chocolates made me hallucinate

4. make edibles, as in cannabutter with it?
    Thats what we wanna do.

5. The only way you can use it for edibles is to make it into another concentrate and use that. If you try to infuse bho'ed bud into butter it's going to taste like ass hole.

Like I said, make qwiso, and then infused that in butter, or just mix it in with chocolates. Quite simple really.

6. Does qwiso extract the acids from whithin the plant that contains some of the above mentioned potential cannabanoids?
    I am going off reports that some concentrates lack certain medical values...

7. it's true, don't use washed weed in edibles, wash it again and use the product.
    like he said :devious:

8. Cool, worth a try.
    Ill save my next run off and give it a run, see what happens...

*I am all about experimenting, this is not a 'get every pennys worth' project
    It is a, what can this plant offered when pushed to extremes!

9. Lol the qwiso will fucking extract everything man.... if you let bud soak in qwiso for days it would turn the iso black and you would get an oil that weighed like 50% of the bud you put into it hahahahahaahh

10. Ive only done one iso run, I prefer to smoke of the solvent personally.
    Maybe I should give iso few tries...

11. you prefer to smoke off the solvent??????

Explain cause that sounds dangerous lol

12. Yeh dude, thats how you get high off oil right? You make it, and then funnel all the fumes of the solvents coming off as it evaporates and inhale them right? lol
    Sorry it was a bad explanation of what I meant, here:
    I prefer solvent made concentrates over the alcohol based concentrates...
    Of course purged of each before smoking!

13. [quote name='"MastahRolla"']

Yeh dude, thats how you get high off oil right? You make it, and then funnel all the fumes of the solvents coming off as it evaporates and inhale them right? lol
    Sorry it was a bad explanation of what I meant, here:
    I prefer solvent made concentrates over the alcohol based concentrates...
    Of course purged of each before smoking![/quote]

Noooooo you do not want to inhale any solvent fumes!! (Alcohol is a solvents, just to throw that out there ahahaha)

You would smoke the oil on some weed or in an oil rig man!

14. Yehhh oops, I had it backwards, I prefer gass extracted not solvent.
    *your right solvent is the alcohol extraction, my bad...
    And just to be sure, you were sarcastic in response to my sarcasm?

I have all the proper tools, but I prefer ti curves over domes or spoons....

15. [quote name='"MastahRolla"']

Yehhh oops, I had it backwards, I prefer gass extracted not solvent.
    *your right solvent is the alcohol extraction, my bad...
    And just to be sure, you were sarcastic in response to my sarcasm?

I have all the proper tools, but I prefer ti curves over domes or spoons....[/quote]

Lol I thought you were serious but I'm relieved you were sarcastic man. But I mean, if its performing an extraction, its using a solvent hahaha butane = solvent, sub/supercritical co2 = solvent.. cold water doesn't use a solvent...

16. Lol what? Those are like 3 or 4 different ways to make hash.

17. Yeh, but looking at how they define the different types of hash; kief, bubble(cold extracted) solvent(alcohol), gas(butane,hexane...) etc.
    I said similar, it was from an issue of Skunk magazine where I took the definitions that were in my head.
    But I agree, any chemical extraction can be classified as solvent based.