Project Ikea "Aneboda" closet, silent and stealth

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by ZickZeed, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Hi All!

My first thread on the forums (besides the introducing)

Ill be showing off what i will do with a closet wich can be bought at Ikea's.

This is a great closet with all the usefull components for a good growroom. I will show how to modify it so it will be stealth! and silent.

Components i will be using:

- Davin DV12 relais + clock
    - 150watt HPS + VSA
    - AKF eco carbon airfilter 160cbm3 / 100mm
    - Air-outake hose 100mm Combidec
    - Pipe 100mm
    - 25x25x26mm pots
    - black & white foil 2x3m
    - 100cm3 airmover
    - Rings
    - White tape
    - punaise
    - rubbers
    - Airintake 25x5cm aluminium
    - Airstrips
    - Hooks
    - flexibel snoer + stekker
    - chain 4m
    - EasyRoll
    - water resistent foil

The closet:

80x50x180cm
    (32x20x72 inch)

[​IMG]

The electric-wiring:
    [​IMG]

In the next few days i will be receiving the components and will report every step i take in building this growroom

Piece !

2. You plan on just blacking out the inside with panda film so the glass pandels look dark grey from outside?

3. Here are some pics from stuff wich i bought today.
    The rest will be bought tomarrow, so i will be building this on saturday :hello:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Ive done the air-intake and outtake. Next will be black/white foil and pond foil.
    That will be tomarrow :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Outtake hole
    [​IMG]

Intake
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rubber sealed, so no light can escape
    [​IMG]

Piece ZZ

5. One step further:

Black and white foil:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Howdy ZZ, thanks for the notice on the grow. Got things rolling nicely, great looking cab.

7. Well im allmost done :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. I might be missing something but wouldn't a 400 HPS do a much better job? Looks like you are setting up for 4 plants.

9. Not necessarily, with more power in the lights, you need more power in the fans to keep it cool, meaning a louder and way less stealth box. It says "silent" right in the title, so I think this is a major concern here.

A 400 watt could do worse than a 150 if you don't have enough fan to keep up with the heat it puts out. I'd rather have a cabinet with a 150 running at 75 degrees instead of a 400 watter running at 90+

I've seen people get 3+ ounces per harvest with a 150 watt HPS, and you'll have a much easier time cooling it. If this is enough weed for your needs, then why not?

10. #11 ZickZeed, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2010
    Correct,

My last run was 166 gram under 150watts. That is 1.12gramm/watt and that seriously isnt bad. http://www.wietforum.nl/uploads/1197989228/med_gallery_10811_3371_1631266.jpg
    Im doing it with a 150watts to keep my electrical bill low, and the closet will be stealthy and silent. Minimum chance to get caught, maximum pleasure!

And yes, its much easyer to control temprature in this room.

11. #12 FineKine09, Aug 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2010
    how do you plan to control temps? i dont mean to be discouraging, and maybe you know something i dont, but i think your going to have major temp problems in that cab if you want it to be silent. it has been my experience that a fan that is "quiet" will not pull enough air through that cab to keep it cool enough, specially with a hot hps lamp. not to mention with that big carbon scrubber you will need a fan with good static pulling power (meaning a really loud fan). you might have to pipe A/C into the cab if your planning on using a quiet fan.

take a look at the grow design linked in my sig. my cab is a similar size but im using cfls and i still had temp problems. i planned to make it a silent stealth cab as well and temp problems killed that idea. well my cab is stealthy when my exhaust fan is off, but with the fan on all stealth is lost.

dont get me wrong, im just trying to help by sharing my experience. and i hope you prove me wrong so i can make my cab quiet again. :D but i think your going to need a magical fan.

edit: i realized i said nothing positive. lol. your cab looks really clean and i like those intakes. looks better than my hole and easier to light trap i imagine. keep it up man! gl

12. Wow. Very sexy cab bro. Nice and clean :D

13. Hi there, I've been looking to do something similar in style except using a drip irrigation system. How much excluding your light did your system cost?