Advice Please...

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Droblowa24, Oct 15, 2006.

1. I've set up a small closet for a grow room. All measures have been thought through...cleaning the room with bacteria cleaner, all the way to mylar and a 400w MH/HPS adjustable. the deminsions are about 3 ft deep...5 ft wide...8ft tall. everything is set up but it gets WAY too hot in there...as in when the door is sealed and shut temps can get higher than 90.....is there a nice vent set up? there is a hole in the ceiling where a light fixture was...and a hole in the ground connecting to a pipe outside.like a drainage pipe ..which is perfect but just cant seem to circulate enough air to keep it cool....any advice?

2. get an inline extraction fan, dayton makes a good one. Also you should have fan inside for circulating air and to strength your plant. Also, your intake hole(the drainage pipe) may not be the best option, one if its been use for a drain it will contain bacteria, fungus and molds which may be detrimental to your plants, and they also become pluged. I'd put in a new intake, but thats me.

3. Also if youre using passive intake..without an intake fan...try to double the amount of intake area or hole openings compared to the exhaust with a fan.
    It's true that circulation fan would hrelp you too....in more ways than one as youve been told

4. The ceiling and drainage holes are perfect, if the intake is big enough and it is cold out side. (It's good to run lights at night if it's a little warm.).

You'll want a strong extraction fan pulling through a carbon filter and into the ceiling hole. Put a filter on the intake to keep bugs and dust out. If you could get an air-cooled light, that'd help.

One thing to consider- where does the hole end up? From the fact that you have 8 foot ceilings I assume you're in a house. Grows generate hot, humid air, and wherever it is blowing into might get rotten and moldy. So take precautions, don't ruin your house!

5. Thanks for the advice. Yes it is a house....the hole in the ground goes right to the outside...its a pipe. The hole in the ceiling was where a light used to be...it just goes right above the second floor...the area between floors...it just gets way hot...like all the heat needs to be sucked out so it can cool down...its fixed so the door is sealed so its almost air tight except for the holes. They both have filters and were cleaned thouroughly (sp)