What best way get air in?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by buickboy, Oct 10, 2011.

1. I trying figure out what is best way to get air into my tent? I already have 6 inch Can inline fan taking air out .

2. You're already doing it.

You have a passive intake which means that when your exhaust sucks out all the air from your tent, it also sucks in new air.

3. Besides adding a few more fans, I can't think of anything..

4. Temp are 76-80 deg inside my tent. Only thing I can think of is I don't have my air on in my appartment cause it cool outside. I really hate run the air unless have to it already cool enough outside.

5. Keeping the tent door open?

6. Your temperatures are fine if that's what you are worried about. 76-80 is perfectly fine. Once you hit the 90's you may want to worry.

7. [quote name='"HighPoint 420"']Keeping the tent door open?[/quote]

Trying to during night just worryed this with my T5 light in couple days I want to try switch to my veg bulb which is 250 watt Mh bulb then got 400 watt Hps.

8. 80 is pretty hot man, unless there is a solid circulation, I would worry with 80 degrees... Just my 2cents though. I try to keep my room between 64 and 75

9. So what best way to bring in fresh cool air?

10. Intake at bottom, exhaust up top

11. So you saying to buy another inline fan to bring in fresh air?

12. #13 buickboy, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2011
    OK I did little researching and I think found some intresting information. I seen on form that couple were saying that if have negative pressure in your tent you can just hook up a dryer duct to a window and it will bring in the cold air into tent is that true? How would I hide the duct in the window?

13. A fan would be easier and more stealth

14. Which one you reccomend? I already have 6 inch can inline fan. Is that going to be expensive running two fans?

15. plywood and a dryer vent hookup.

16. [quote name='"buickboy"']OK I did little researching and I think found some intresting information. I seen on form that couple were saying that if have negative pressure in your tent you can just hook up a dryer duct to a window and it will bring in the cold air into tent is that true? How would I hide the duct in the window?[/quote]

Very true. You need negative pressure so you need more air being sucked out than put in. So you must multiply the width x height x length to get cubic feet of area. Then purchase a fan that rate slightly more than your cubic footprint. For example 5x5x5=125cubic feet. Then a fan that's 150 cfm ( cubic feet per minute) is good. You want to place this at the top of your tent as warm air rises and you want to draw that out. Then by opening a hole near the bottom of your tent it will draw cooler air in, and you can add ducting to wherever you get cool air from. I would also recommend at least one small circulating fan inside the tent to keep air moving. I suggested a slightly larger cfm because you will probably want to add a filter to your intake and this will lower your cfm. Also you may look into a cooling tube or reflector for your lighting. There are some easy inexpensive DIY cooling threads.

17. Well sounds like I need second intake. I turn on A/C for bit drop tempts allot . My only concern is isn't going to be expensive to run two inline fans?

18. [quote name='"buickboy"']Well sounds like I need second intake. I turn on A/C for bit drop tempts allot . My only concern is isn't going to be expensive to run two inline fans?[/quote]

Dude they're tiny it will add like maybe $5 to the bill. Don't freak

19. #20 buickboy, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2011
    OK my last question is what is the best way of hooking this up in my tent? 4inch brings in air and 6 inch sucks air out over 400 watt bulb?