8000w SEALED GROW ROOM. w/ AUTOMATION

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by zackscriven, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Im working on a grow room.

Heres the specs

15x15 space
    15x10 blooom room
    5x10 veg room
    5x5 "clean room" and control room

The 15x15 will be completely sealed and insulated.

you will enter a door into the 5x5 "clean room" and then from there you can go into the bloom or veg room. this room is also where the computer and PLC will go for automation.

Bloom Room
    8 1000w hps w/ lumatek digi ballasts
    8 sealed 8" hoods
    4 8"inline fans cooling 2 lights each. (pulling from outside going through two light hoods and venting out) this is more than enough to cool them.

17500 BTU split ac unit
    2 70 pint dehumidifiers
    co2 bottled system
    and a 6" inline fan with carbon filter acting as an air scrubber.

Veg room im still working on.

im thinking 4 600w MH
    and maybe a t5 8 bulb for some clones
    i'd like to have a mom or two and do my own cloning.

All temps humidity and co2 ppm will be actively monitored with sensors in the room. and i'll program an allen bradley micrologix PLC to turn on and off the a/c dehumidifiers co2 and the fans cooling the lights(if needed to heat the room) program it to control every aspect of the room to keep it perfect.

IDK guys. what do you think?
    im open to ideas comments suggestions opinions

I have a $20,000 budget for this project.

2. I'm Drooling reading your proposition....lol
    You'll need some serious electrical work done to carry those lights, I can see the FLIR's zooming in on ya, if you don't disperse that heat, is this a sog. setup? a cloning area would be nice?, a good chunk of your budget would go on the automation, they are expensive??

nice

"V"

3. Yeah im going to line the inside of all the rooms with Reflectix 4 ft. x 125 ft. Radiant Barrier. ITs only $60 a roll. and it claims to reduce the infrared signature.

Eventually i might get a water chiller and cool the exhaust through an icebox before dumping it outside. I am in california though and in a city that is accepting of mmj laws. So its not a high priority. I have 2 roommates with cards so we can technically bloom 18 plants at a time. I might do like 24-30 though in this setup.

I have a floorplan layout i did up on excel and microsoft paint that i will upload when i get home today.

I will also upload pictures of my current grow. Its a 4x2 600w HPS closet grow with 3 quarkel and 3 blue dream clones 3 weeks into veg.

4. I have about $3000 set budgeted for the Automation system.

Not a sog setup yet. havent decided

the transmitters are $100 bucks each. The co2 is like $300
    allen bradley micrologix is like $400 etc.

Any ideas on the veg room? will it supply the bloom room?

5. Didn't realize the Mexican Cartel was on Grasscity. Welcome lol.

20,000 dollar budget? You're gonna be a millionaire in no time.....

6. Not a cartel haha. Just a business major with aspiration and a passion for marijuana.

im not sure if we can discuss logistics on this forum though. my 1st post on this room got unapproved because i talked about the $$ aspect to much i think.

im not sure. correct me if this isnt true

7. Here is a basic idea of what the room will look like inside of the 20x20 garage

[​IMG]

8. [quote name='"zackscriven"']

Not a cartel haha. Just a business major with aspiration and a passion for marijuana.

im not sure if we can discuss logistics on this forum though. my 1st post on this room got unapproved because i talked about the $$ aspect to much i think.

im not sure. correct me if this isnt true[/quote]

True

This forum is about the growing aspect, no money talk allowed

Sounds like fun

Id switch the MH for T-5's though to cut down on power

9. im worried that since the veg room is alot smaller if i will be able to have enough plants ready and bigg enough to throw in the flower room after each crop. do you think 3 or 4 8 light t5 banks can handle it?

10. #10 rain dancer, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
    Hahaha, I was just kidding :)

If you're not in California, I suggest you move here asap. The size you're talking about growing will be overlooked here, as there are literally acres of land all over the place in public view that are literally, marijuana fields. Im looking for a home to buy right now. One of the houses for sale is sitting next to a house that has over 50 plants in the backyard and thats in a residential area in the middle of a booming city.

Also, I can't recommend a thousand watt system to anyone ever. I'd go 600watts and just double up on them. You'll be much more happy with the electricity usage, as well as the output of your harvest. There's videos you can watch to compare them but most people will tell you 2 600watts are always better than 1 1000w and they produce about half the heat, which again, equates to less electricity usage/loss from heat. I also agree about switching to t5s instead of mh. The results will be similar, however, mh cost a shit load more and usually have half the life a hps bulb, which means you'll replace the bulb twice as often. If you havent purchased any of this yet, pm me and Ill connect you with a person I met through ebay who prefers to sell wholesale. I bought a 600watt system from him, hood, ballast, bulb, not a set, but actually ordered each individual piece separately and he contacted me and gave me a great deal, even knocked 60% off the price of the bulb, so I got it for like 45-50 bucks instead of paying 120 for it. He might be able to save you a shitload of money and he's reliable and goes above and beyond. This seller also recently opened a few stores in michigan, I know, because I keep getting annoying emails haha.

Let me know if I can help. Peace.

11. IMO your electrical usage is going to send up some potential red flags. I would look at making sure you have a legitimate explanation for the power usage, just in case. Or, if possible, an electric generator.

12. [quote name='"Fëanor"']IMO your electrical usage is going to send up some potential red flags. I would look at making sure you have a legitimate explanation for the power usage, just in case. Or, if possible, an electric generator.[/quote]

You must do what every responsible indoor grower does........pay your bill!

At my last grow op, I had over 6k watts, not including the AC and fans, etc.

I always paid my bill and was left alone.

13. ^for real pay your bill people buy electric heaters electric floors whatever all the time just make sure you pay your shit

14. I wish I had used my old garage this way! ;)