My experimental setup - LED AUTOFLOWER SCROG

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by prodream, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Hello everyone,

I've just setup my own case and ready to do some experimental grow. I want to know if this setup gives me some bud..I am not after big yields, me and my wife are smoking only at some weekends if we go out or want to have some good time :) 10gr. is enough for 2 months. So here is my setup :

- Coolermaster RC690 case
    - 2x 120x120x25mm fans (1x intake 1x exhaust) (don't know properties but they blow nice :) )
    - 2x fan controller for each fan
    - 2x 90w LED bulbs (red + blue) (you can search in Ebay : 168 LED grow light blue red)
    - Thermometer for temp and humidty

With this setup, I will try some femmed autos (got them from a friend - I don't konw the strain). I will add a scrog when it is ready. Also an odor blocker (odor will not be a huge issue, the room can stink a little bit)

I will just try and see how this turns out..All comments are welcome. Tomorrow I will run the case without the pot and see if the temp and humidity are ok. On saturday I will germ my first seed and start a journal. Good night to all.:wave:

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Nice set up. I think you can probably go with the smaller(shorter) pot, so you can use that extra space .

3. I am thinking of using a vertical pot but i don't know if it is good for the roots. Is it ok to use shorter pots which are vertically long?? Does the root grows then vertically and is this a problem for the root?? If no, i will get one asap. Can someone also make a comment about my lights?? Are they ok for the autoflowers?

4. I'm a newbie grower on third grow, but I've always read to stay away from light emitting diodes. They look great but you would be better off putting that baby under, one or two, 1 foot t5 Flo tubes. All plants need a full spectrum of light. You can grow under any light but the best results come from a high emitting full spectrum, not just blue or red lighting although very important for both vegging and flowering. Good luck though never know how different strains will react to experimental grow ops.

5. I will just stick to my lights and see the result. I do not have any chance to add other type of cfl's because of space and the heat issues..Journal will follow as soon as I germ the seeds. The test drive of the case is successful with 22.7 Celcius min. and 24.6 max. and %45 stable humidty.

6. where did you get that temperature humidity monitor?
    imma need to get me one of those before i start growin

7. I got it from an electronic market. İt cost me 10 dollars :) it works with 1 aaa battery. You can find various styles in ebay searching "digital thermometer". I saw some for 15 dollars with free shipping.