So this is my plan

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Communisaurus, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Grasscity people, whats going on?
    I think I've formulated my stealth grow plan for the most part,
    and here are the items im going to use.

• 3 Sterlite Tote Boxes - 18 gallons
    • Carbon filter - 20" x 25"
    • Surge Protector - 6 socket
    • Latex Caulk - 10 oz
    • 1 Red LED grow light - 650nm
    • 1 Blue LED grow light - 650nm
    • 2 CPU Fans - ???
    • 1 Digital Temperature/Humidity Scale - ???
    • Some Mylar - ???
    • 2 Metal Pencil Holders - ???
    • 10 White Russian seeds - Marijuana Seeds - Highest Quality Marijuana Seeds Online
    • Store bought soil - Sterilized. Sand & Pearlite & Hummus
    • Ph Tester - ???
    • Eco-Grow Fertilizer - ???
    • Fruit & Berry Insecticide - Just in Case
    Im going to stack the 3 Sterlite containers together, so its a huge stealthy column kind of like this
    [​IMG]

I am then going to put the pencil holders over the exhaust side of the fans, and cover them with the carbon filter, and for extra smell cover I'm going to modify the timed air freshener sprayer to spray out some ozium. I am going to put all of the totes in the back of my storage room, to blend in with the rest of the tote boxes I have in there.

The rest I'm sure you can put together.

What is your guy's opinion of this operation? Do you think it will work? What things can go wrong? What things should I take extra caution of?

Any and all advice or critique or questions is welcome.

2. you might not like everything i have to say since it looks like you've already started some plants, but your set up is going to change a good deal if it is to work the way you intend it to. that being said this is ALL constructive criticism...

the containers aren't light proof or really big enough(depending on what you have in it), but they'll work if need be. cardboard on the inside covered in mylar works, or paint it white. metal tape in lieu of cardboard works well too but gets expensive and you'd need 2 rolls. the aluminum foil was a waste of time, it creates hot spots, and doesn't reflect light all that well.

for stealth you'll need the carbon filter inside the tubs. you'll need a fan for intake, and larger one for exhaust, and another 1 to keep your plants moving. the more air you can move the better. those tubs will heat up insanely fast. mine has gotten to 115 degrees in less than an hr. air displacement is crucial in a seal container.

i don't know shit about LED so i can't comment on your lights...

get a temp/RH gauge at walmart for $6

get a GOOD digital ph meter and calibration fluids....$30-$200 @ hydro shops or online. i have a "checker" by hanna, cost $40

get GOOD soil....usually anything from a box store won't be any good, UNLESS the n-p-k ratio's are minute quantities (0.2, or something similar).

if you get the right things bugs won't be an issue, or a very small one not worthy of insecticides.

i'm not familiar with your ferts either so i can't comment on that as well.

hope it helps.

3. well that picture wasn't of my grow, but its what it will resemble, trading the aluminum foil for mylar and I'd cover the whole thing. I didn't know about the metal tape or the paint either, I appreciate it.

I was debating the carbon filter placement, I appreciate the advice :] Would the third fan be another intake? or would I just have it in there to move the plant around?

The gauges I appreciate as well, I wasn't too sure on what I needed to get

What brand of soil do you recommend? because i'm not sure whats the best for growing or the traits great soil needs for growing jane

4. fox farm ocean forest, happy frog, light warrior, promix, black gold, or anything that doesn't have time released ferts in it.

the extra fan is for the plants.

5. I will tell you now I have a black 55g tub similar to that, when I plugged in my lights it glowed like a xmas tree ornament.

You may want to test and see if your going to have similar problems. If so paint the inside white to give it a good cover then use mylar, or stick with the white since mylar can be a pain in the ass sometimes.

6. Since this thread is not "security"related I'm moving it where it so it will get allot more attention.

Any grow container needs to be 100% light proof and that's' best done using a thick (non recycled black container,if not using the expensive aluminum foil tape on the outside will make it 100%.

Mylar or white titanium paint inside will reflect very well too.;)

GL

OCI

7. Thanks guys :]
    I have decided that a 3 to 4 drawer filing cabinet might actually work better,
    but I'm debating on whether or not to go metal or wood.
    either way, I will find a way to ventilate with the same materials, even if I have to cut up the metal cabinet a bit.

Do you know of any threads or websites that would be helpful with me doing this? Perhaps some personal advice or maybe even a hunch?

8. Metal will shed the heat better. Wood will insulate it and be harder to cool.