Air being pushed out passive intakes?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by thescrevenator, Jun 10, 2009.

1. I have a cabinet set-up with a 6" inline fan with carbon scrubber. The inline fan is ducted to the top of the cab where there is a completely sealed fit leading to the outside environment. Whenever I turn on my inline fan and close the doors, air is expelled through the exhaust via the inline fan, but it is also expelled through the four 1" intake holes I have drilled towards the bottom of my cab. The cab is virtually air tight, however small amounts of air is also expelled through cracks in the door. Does anybody know what the problem is?

2. What kind of fan do you have? the 6'' booster type from Hdepot, or a "vortex" style inline?

Is your fan pushing into your scubber or pulling? If pushing, your fan may not be strong enough and be suffering from back pressure??

DurbanPoison has a great thread with a chart to figure out the size of scrubber per CFM..... I built mine to this spec and it works flawlessly.

DIY - Build a Carbon Scrubber For Dummies! - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

those Hdepot booster fans are junk IMO.....