CHECK OUT!lot of PICS my first grow room, full bathroom any advice or inputs??? help?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by pocky23thai, Mar 1, 2009.

1. hey, im a noob and im currently raising 4 seedlings, look healthy to me. im using my bathroom as a grow room and not sure if its perfect , thats why i need your input and suggestion or advice. the shower is 3.5x3.5 ft and its about feet high.

i wanted to also give a shout out to hydroganic , jcj77d, XchaoticmetalX,ocitown and Stylez1877 for helping me out on alot of my questions that i had. i know i was a pain in the ass , but it paid off.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Yikes get rid of that black tarp on the floor! Use anything but that. Some white plastic bags laid out all over the floor will work better until you get something else. That black tarp is just eating up all the light.

3. That's a great start. Just make sure the shower doesn't get turned on accidentally! LOL

You can run 5 or 6 of those sockets off of one plug easily. Cut the plug off of 6 sockets then strip and wire one plug to all 6. Please read a basic household electrical wiring if you're unsure or never done this before.

The benefit is that you can plug all your lights into one strip with only a few plugs. Makes it easier to put all your lamps on one timer. :)

So far so good. :)

4. thanks alot. i didnt know that. so far so good though? im sorry i made you say yikes.

5. #5 Smokeitdown, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2009
    Haha don't apologize, I just thought everyone knew this general rule. White reflects light, black doesn't. Its great the whole shower is done in white. I'll look around for another member who had a shower grow that was going very well. Haven't checked in on that for a while now.

Here it is: http://forum.grasscity.com/advanced-grow-journals/321744-mr-biohazards-clean-shower-grow-5.html

Also, I would recommend building a light bracket for your CFL's. It will come in handy in keeping all the lights exactly where you want them. If you need help or ideas on a light bracket, heres mine:

http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-room-design-setup/325436-full-grow-box-setup-pics-9.html

You are looking real good so far though. I'll provide that link as soon as I find it. If you have any questions, ask away. There are alot of people around here that can help you out a LOT.

6. damn, thats a sexy light rack. very creative im not sure if im not creative. thanks for you input and addvice its gonna help me in the long run. my it does start to bud and i make money off of this i will def. give you some of that green.lol

7. Make sure you have drain holes in all pots.

The shiny walls will cause hot spots.

Use reflectors even if you must make them.

Have a fan blowing on them always during lights on.

Other than that you will grow well bro,i can tell.:D

8. i agree, use white bags to help reflect light

9. Hey pocky... got any updates on this grow yet? I'm kinda doing the same thing but using a bathtub. I have a 400w MH light that I plan to suspend from a shower-curtain rod that I can move around and center above the tub... once it's setup i'll post some pics too.

Cheers!

10. #10 pocky23thai, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2009
    well, heres updates on my plants for those that care and have an interest. i still wanted to thanks ocitown , jc , hydro and smoke for helping me out on my operation.

[​IMG][​IMG]:hello: does anybody know why there is slight fading on the leafs? does it need nutes?
    [​IMG]:(do you think thats a light burn or nute burn?
    [​IMG][​IMG]:(for this plant that has a crooked root or wasnt properly placed into the soil. im DEBATING WHETHER I SHOULD JUST TRASH THAT PLANT ? WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?
    [​IMG]

FOR THIS ONE IS STARTING TO DROOP BECAUSE I JUST THE SOIL AND ITS REALLY DRY , THE SOIL SUCKS ASS!!I CONSTANTLY HAVE TO WATER IT.
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/kirbyshoes/DSC04934.jpg

11. What do the underside of tose leaves look like?
    No dont add nutes.
    What kind of soil do you have?
    That crooked one do not trash, scar the stem slightly in a couple spots and bury it. Put dirt up to the rim of the cup. Bury it coiled like it is, it will just turn to root. And don't worry about trying to straighten it out, you have to transplant later anyway.
    What about watering problems? Please elaborate, something is not right.

12. well, for the plant that i have to constantly water, the soil is jiffy organic and its drys up really fast. drainage is like 95 percent. all my other plants are in miracle grow spagnum and peat moss with 30% perlite. underside leaves look perfectly green and fine to me. thanks for the response.

13. Water slower. Add a really small amount at a time, and give it time to absorb between additions. Water directly in the middle by the stalk. I could get 2 qts in that big planter before it started dripping out of the bottom. You just have to do it slow. When they are that tiny, once a week should be enough if watered correctly. Just give extra slow watering a shot, you may be suprised.

14. thanks for the help and advice. ppl like you are the reason im here and doing this. thanks alot i appreciated it.

15. And drop the lights 1-2" away always to keep the nodes tite.:D

16. [quote name='ocitown']And drop the lights 1-2" away always to keep the nodes tite.:D[/quot

1 to 2 inches? will that burn my plant?

17. Not with CFLs. You can just about touch them with a 26watt bulb without totally frying them. 1-2" will be fine. 1-2" from an HPS will cause sunburn.

18. looks good, maybe put dirt around that one, to hold it up.

19. [​IMG]
    is the nitrogen deficency?

[​IMG]

are the leafs that color because of ph???[​IMG]

ph problem?? pic above

[​IMG]

whats wrong with this big leaf????

[​IMG]

what about this one??

20. Soil looks very peat moss like(add some EWC @20%)and TX those cups because they are root bound it seems.

Yep,it's lacking some nute and prolly d/t pH.

What is the r/o pH and what pH are you giving them?