super cheap, super stealth rubbermaid grow box

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by fearthebug, Dec 4, 2007.

1. looking at it from the outside.
    [​IMG]
    little lower
    [​IMG]
    inside
    [​IMG]
    closer view of exhaust fan and light support rig with variable heights. lights will be attached via bolt and wingnut to easily move lights up and down when needed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the fan is blowing air out, so negative pressure is created within the tubs. fresh air is constantly being pulled in through these two passive air intake holes in the bottom tub.
    [​IMG]

2. I'm liking it so far,keep us posted on your progress.

3. here's the lights.

this was just a little side project i wanted to see if i could build.

[​IMG]

4. runs 77 degrees.

5. looks tight, hope to see some good stuff from this..

6. how are u powering the fan?

7. this looks great... very clever, ive seen a lot of these rubbermaid grows but yours definately looks the best. ill be watching this.

8. from a 12v adapter i found in my house to something i didn't need. i also pulled the fan out of an old computer, so all in all, this cost me 0 dollars.

i still have to do some touch up work on it and do a better job of moving around the wires. i'm not sure if i like the flat white though... i think i might just go ahead and mylar the whole thing.

9. MORE POWER!!!!!!!!1

[​IMG]

a peek.
    [​IMG]

i'm gonna sex this one and see what it is before i decide to continue/kill it. i've got 4 clones vegging right now, 1 flowered plant, and this one. if it's male, i'll probably breed it. i like the way it's been growing, and when i drop the temps enough, it'll turn purple (found that out earlier on)

10. Those socket splitters are impossible to find in the UK.

11. really? that stinks. There everywhere here.:p

12. yeah, they're like....2 dollars a piece? pretty much any store that sells any type of electrical device.

13. cant u see the light through the plastic? i had sometihng like this and the light was shining through so it wasnt stealth enough

14. there's about 4 layers of primer, 5 layers of flat white paint, and now a new layer of mylar.

15. here's an update of Big Ugly in training
    [​IMG]

16. this is just awesome

17. very cool. i'm watching this one closely as i would love to do something like this.

18. I like it. The rubbermaid thing has been done before, but yours looks really good, it looks just like 2 storage bins stalked on top of eachother, the other one I saw looked way obvious.

19. would be nice if we had an UPDATE :) :) :)

hope your plant(s?) are doing well bro!