12,750 lumens/sqft

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Red's Dreads, Mar 14, 2006.

1. did i get your attention? alright cool, well heres the scoop...

400wHPS
    4sqft
    GH nutes
    5-gal bucket bubbler
    two air pumps, each with its own air stone

just one plant, Lunah. shes been chillin for over a month now, 13someodd nodes, 18"tall, seeds from a good friend, dunno the specs but its dank bud

this is my first grow, but its been in the works for quite some time, but it'd love all the input i can get, especially if your a past GH nute user :) but your :2cents: is always sppreciated. i dont have a decent current pic, so heres a baby pic:)

lunah 1.JPG

2. New pics? New info? New Questions?

3. hey ya'all back and nabbed a few pics, enjoy ya'all :smoke:

1.1.JPG

1.2.JPG

1.3.JPG

4. Well...its bushy:D

5. those leaves are HUGE

6. Nice Red Dread, Dreads are Red!!! :)
    Wow!! is all I can say!!!
    I ... ummm wow :)

7. i love it!

8. hey everybody :wave: back for an update and lunah looks great! i figured it'd summerize some lines from my personal notes...

constants:

pH - useing 3 drip test while i waite for my local aq shop to get digi pH calibration pills.... store owner told me there being shipped from FL, great :rolleyes: this may be my downfall, or a reason i dont reach my 4oz mark. 1st grow, but i know ya gotta respect the pH, ver importante

temps:
    day - 85.6* lights on
    night - 62.5* lights off

stanley blower in other cab always drawing air through flower chamber cause of neg. pressure, exhausted through carbon filter.

thursday 10am -
    just drank 20ppm grew 1/2", now 606ppm, shes 21" tall. made new soup @700 (6-6-12 GH nutes)

today sunday 10am -
    old soup 577ppm out, new 775ppm in, shes 27" tall.
    (6-6-12 GH nutes)
    btw: i've touched up the nutes though the week, so it wasn't a consistant 700-577 drop.

she was 25" yesterday, usually its been 1/2" growth every 12hrs. she looks great, but feel i kinda stressed her when i took her out of my cab... cause shes wider than the doorway :) anyway, its been a great first week of flower, though im a day early. so i took lots of pics, kinda cause of the lack of updates and pics before :) i dont think ill be taking her out so often, but we'll see.

i have that GH schedule, but anybody have thoughts on where my ppm should be? itd like to push her to get huge, but i dont have any experience in doing that. and how much is a big ppm drop for you experienced hydro green thumbs out there? ive noticed a fairly consistent drop of 30 per 12hrs.

something i'm trying to figure out: is when my plant drinks nutes, and when it grows. ive had a hypotheses going for awhile... that it grows during night and absorbs during the day, but i dunno exactly when she drinks the most in the course of the 24hr period.

cab 066.jpg

cab 070.jpg

cab 072.jpg

cab 073.jpg

cab 077.jpg

9. Shes already huge...LOL but you can go to www.genhydro.com and get the charts there.

10. hey everybody :wave: hope ya'all had a great st patties :)

guru, good to see ya again :) thanks for the site, lol, so obvious but it was never advertised to me until now!

hey ras! hows it going man, glad ya found my new journal :) poor HC, im still greiving :( and speaking of, i havnt been over in your neck of the woods in awhile, ill check it out soon :)

hey comedy and purilite thanks for stopping by :) it still seems slow now, but soon enough i hope to see some nice budsites on her :smoke:

peace ya'all, ill see ya around the city :smoke:

ps: heres a summery of my grow i did for someone else, and i thought it was good enough to put here :) enjoy :smoke:

3.jpg

4.jpg

View attachment 35598

11. Cant wait to see the yeild off this one:yummy:

12. Hey, Reds, that's a beautiful bush ya got there. Glad to see you posting here! I'll be buggin the hell out of ya this summer when I go hydro with Ice and Afgaan. I'll be glued to the thread (pulls up a lazyboy and loads the bong)..

peace

13. i think 4oz might come off that plant maybe a little trimming to get some light down in there then its just a waiting game good luck i'll keep my eye on this beast

14. 1/4 LB sounds 'bout right to me. But I can only get so much of a perspective from the Pic.

15. Fuck, if you LST that bitch by pulling all the main branches down to the sides of the bucket top. Theyd let plenty of light inside:D

16. hey guru, show and comedy, dude show your gonna go hydro?! wahoo sweet man, ill def be stoked to see the sweet setup, and ya im really hoping for some fat secondary branches...

so ive been unsure if i wanted to trim the lower branches or not, and i decided i def do, cause i think she can handle the shock and hopefully itll pay dividens in the long run. i left like 1/4 the lower branches i would have trimmed instead untrimmed, just to be less derastic. but still, i trimmed a ton off, like the 1st and 2nd nodes of each secondary branch, so well see! :)

so this morning i made her a soup of 775 and she was a shade under 27" tall

tonight shes 685ppm and a def 27".

extending my hypothesis, this would show during the day she drinks water/nutes and absorbs the light, but doesn't grow. aka: shes re-charging her batteries, maybe for tonight?? lets see if tomorrow morning shes grown 1-2", thatd be tight

alright thats it for tonight, im ready to smoke and lurk until i pass out :smoke: peach ya'all

17. Grow Lunah, grow! One thing I have noticed in my plants, the lower branches I trimmed, didn't produce the secondary flower branch. I am thinking the fan leaf feeds that secondary branch that grows out of the node of the 1st branch. Just my personal observation. I too notice the best growth during the dark period, especially after I feed them.
    And yes, I'm doing a hydro grow this summer. Planning on 2 4-plant DWC bubblers, one strain each bubbler - Ice and Afgaan. Gonna start droppin gseeds around May I think, as soon as I chop the current grow. So i am soaking up all I can now.

peace bro

18. that is freaking awesome show! it'd also say check out dier's bubblers, there like my dream bubblers, lol, the caddie of bubblers :lol: so its cool to know the grow pattern, it seems obvious but eh

anyway so im thinking right before night may be a great time to feed if they need it... but i cant f'up the nutes or they'll be burnt real bad. like if i feed in the day, they'll probably show it slower rather than waking up to a toasted plant, just some thoughts on that... and im gonna check over my trimming later, thanks for the ideas show. ill catch ya later

19. Keep doing what you doing with the nuets Dread...my :2cents: you doing good. Besides you can always just change the solution :lol:
    if you did...

20. flower week 2, day 1

10am lights on
    ppm: 737
    height: 27 3/4"

so the ppm went pretty high, from 685 last night, i think its cause shes in a little shock over last nights trimming. not a whole lot verticle growth, but the new leaves have gotten a tad thicker. im guessing at a day or two before she gets back on track

ya ras, i dont think i will mess with them or any crazy nute feedings for awhile, just let her do her thing, good call. but speaking of changing nutes, i may need ta get a new GH bloom bottle...

peeps wanting to use GH nutes, order a bigger bloom bottle than micro or grow, as the doeseage is always like double bloom whatever micro/grow is, even in veg. alright peace ya'all :smoke: