12/12 FROM SEED 150W HPS Sprouted jan 20th

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Legal_Larijuana, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Hello everyone, This is my 1st grow ever and look for some advice along with the grow journal since i am a real newbie.:) But from what I read if you do 12/12 you will get about around a ounce per plant, use less lighting because plants are small, and the total time is about 2 months sometimes more sometimes less and the sex is show from 12 days up to 20days so less wasted time effort MONEY ... This will be a test if this is the ultimate growing method. seeing i'm going to try 3 cycles in 7 months.

Here is my set up:
    Germinating 8 seeds, hoping for at least 4 females
    Soil : Fox Farm Ocean Forest
    Lighting: 150w HPS
    No nutes until day 20
    once they sprout i will have some pics

Anyone know how hot a 150 watt HPS will get?
    I'm growing in my closet, Think it would work to just have the closet door open when the lights are on, I might put them in my attic in a grow box don't know the money situation yet

2. #2 ThePot, Jan 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2009
    I would be expecting alot less than an oz...probably more like a 1/2 at most. I did a similar experiment, under all CFLs though, ended up with about 12 g dry. Actually just started another 12/12 attempt, under a 150w, its pretty small but doin its thing. No pics of it. My 150 is remote ballasted, in a flower room in my closet made out of panda film, flap to the room and the closet door are open whenever lights are on, with a fan blowing out and a fan blowing in, it stays a nice 80 degreesor so. With the flap closed it gets up to 90 or so. it definitely has the advantages you pointed out, mine finished in about 12 weeks I think, showed sex in about 3. Gl man, I'm watching

heres a pic of the first one (hope you dont mind)

Attached Files:

3. Thanks for the input, only 12gs thats low compared to the numerous reports i have read all around an ounce a plant, maybe because it was under CFLs maybe i should do like 1 week of veg

4. #4 Legal_Larijuana, Jan 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2009
    Back for an update, I have a 42W CFL over them for now maybe get another/ but am getting a 150w hps
    the stealthyness is good and my plants are doing great
    6 of 8 sprouted and are growing good
    1st 6 pics are the each plant
    pics 7 + 8 is the nutrients i'm using
    pics 9 and 10 is my grow closet
    Any suggestions on anything i'm doing wrong would be helpful, 1st grow:p
    Thanks
    4.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    11.jpeg
    10.jpeg

Attached Files:

• 2.jpeg
      2.jpeg
      File size:
      36 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpeg
      3.jpeg
      File size:
      32.5 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpeg
      5.jpeg
      File size:
      39.2 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpeg
      6.jpeg
      File size:
      21.9 KB
      Views:
    • 12.jpeg
      12.jpeg
      File size:
      20.4 KB
      Views:
    • 14.jpeg
      14.jpeg
      File size:
      9.8 KB
      Views:
  5. clear cups in no good, get them covered, duct tape if you have to, move your light closer they are stretching...
    good start buddy

6. Thanks
    i am afraid of burning them but i will move it closer
    Going to the store today to get a couple more lights and the duct tape, maybe some mylar:D
    probably get 2 26w cfls maybe 3 if there's a 3 pack and some clip lights, idk if the bulb i have is 6500K or 2700k but i read it makes a huge difference for veg

7. From the picture it looks like a daylight (5k-6.5k) bulb to me... you can check using the white balance feature of your camera. Or just take an old "warm" incandesant bulb and compare the two. If yours looks blue, keep on veggin'!

8. #8 Legal_Larijuana, Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2009
    Got a 4 x 26watts cfl with a custom bracket mounting system for under $10 + $13 for bulbs
    6500k daylight bulbs for the 2 weeks for veg
    let me know how you like my set up
    BLunt1.jpeg

Any suggestions

Attached Files:

• L1.jpeg
      L1.jpeg
      File size:
      27.8 KB
      Views:
    • L2.jpeg
      L2.jpeg
      File size:
      31 KB
      Views:
    • L3.jpeg
      L3.jpeg
      File size:
      24.4 KB
      Views:
    • L4.jpeg
      L4.jpeg
      File size:
      32.5 KB
      Views:
  9. Looking decent. Some light reflection would be good! Interested to see how your plants work out. How long you going to veg?

How much are those light sockets that plug into an outlet?

10. #11 Legal_Larijuana, Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2009

Depending on height i will probably do this
    on/off
    2 more weeks 24/7
    1.5 weeks 14 /10
    1 weeks 13/11
    2 weeks 12/12
    3 weeks 11/13
    for a natural onset of winter, anyone try this before? how did it work?

And yes I plan on getting some Mylar asap, once i get a small fan:D so i don't burn them up

Price List

Polarized outlet/socket adapter: Wal-mart : $1.27 ea Lowes : $2.26/2.66 ea
    10pack metal coat hangers : Wal-mart : $1.42
    225ft of that synthetic twine: Wal-mart : $2.88
    1 Roll duct tape : Wal-mart $1.42
    3 power strips : Couldn't find at Walmart probably cheaper than $3.38 ea at Lowes.(3ft cord)
    2 x 2 packs of 6500k Daylight CFLS: Walmart : $6.87
    DutchMaster: Any Gas Station $1.00- 1.25
    Weed Not the cops : $10
    Brings the Grand total to about $35-40, But you will probably be able to find power strips cheaper along finding more that half in your house already like the coat hangers, duct tape, and a power strips or 2, so it would be around $20.
    Doesn't include the $40 from the indoor grow stores last week

Pics
    k3.jpeg

Attached Files:

• k1.jpeg
      k1.jpeg
      File size:
      33.6 KB
      Views:
    • k2.jpeg
      k2.jpeg
      File size:
      20.8 KB
      Views:
  11. what is stretching?

12. Move your CFLs down, your plants are growing up (stretching) toward the distant lights. CFLs should be 2-3" away from your seedlings.

13. Hi everyone i was wondering if anyone has any advice
    -check the pics, see how the in the 1st pic the plant has perfectly straight leaves and the rest of them have there leave curled, is this normal, if not how can i fix this, Thank you for any help this is my 1st grow and i am a nooooob:smoking::smoking:

PICS
    #1 is the best of the 7 plants
    2-6 are the other 5, 1 had a late start and just sprouted 3 days after planting in the sol without germinating 1st.(in pic7)
    7 is a family shot
    8 is a piece of bent plastic i found and covered in mylar that works perfect for a light hood
    9-10 are my stealthy closet(so far neither of my roommates have found it and they have been in my room a lot)

up6.jpeg

up10.jpeg
    once again any help would be nice, Thanks

blaze till i die

Attached Files:

14. They look good man, nice and green. I don't think there's any problem, one thing is that if your growing 8 seeds, presumably 8 different strains, some might be more sensitive to the FFOF then others when starting out. For example pic 4 looks like it might be just a little overfed atm, I wouldn't worry about it unless the leaves real start to curl up or get shriveled, kinda hard to explain. Just be patient and keep a watchful eye, and try not to fiddle with them as much as you think you should be ;). good luck!

15. Thanks for the input, Glad to hear they look good, i will update pics every couple days, they are growing fast so fast

16. update
    they all look different from one another because it was a bunch of random bag seeds

In pic 3 is that what is known as the pre-flower??
    AUT_0307.JPG

Attached Files:

17. looks like your doing pretty well with what you can get your hands on!
    ive found low wattage hps systems online for less than $50
    if you can find one, your plants will love you..
    but you cant really do alot more than repot the plants, add a fan, and keep the light close
    ..at least for the time being