First grow, 8 bagseed. 2 months, 3 weeks in, Flowering.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by KittensOnPCP, Mar 29, 2008.

1. My first grow has been going really well as of late. They've been flowering for probably 2-3 weeks now. 12 seeds were planted, 4 didn't make it, leaving me with 8 plants. I went into flowering and two males showed up, they were killed. I've currently got my little girls growing under 3x 28 watt CFLs, an 18 watt CFL, and a Fluoro tube of unknown wattage. They're growing well in my closet, with a fan to control heat. Sheet draped over the door to control humidity and heat as well as keep light out when they're sleeping. This grow is going with no added nutes, all miracle grow and peat moss soil (Don't give me shit about the miracle grow please!). The pots are 10" at the top, and 10" from top to bottom with a smaller bottom. 3 of the 6 plants have been pruned, and 3 haven't been pruned. Here are some pics of my babies.
    Click for larger size.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm planning on having two mothers with the best quality bud that I can clip clones from, then using these clones to grow bud while the mothers are in veg. Now what I can't figure out is -
    How can I figure out which have the best quality bud? I realize i'll have to let them bud first, but when I go to pick the bud, I don't know how to keep a plant alive to keep as a mother and clip clones from.
    • How will I harvest them, yet still keep them alive?
    • Judging the bud will be done only by smoking it? Or are there other signs, hairs, color, thickness, etc.?
    Now, how will I be able to put the clones in flower, while the mothers are in vegetative growth without having to buy new lights? I was thinking every night at 6:00 - my night time for my plants, i'd take the clones out of the closet and put them in a completely dark place I could build in my room. Or, possibly using something that completely blocks light out in my growroom and placing the clones in there are 6:00?
    Tell me what you think about my plants, my growspace, lighting, or the questions i've got.
    Thanks!:smoking:

2. Looks like you know what you are doing

You might now this already but for all those bulbs you could have bought a 250W HPS bulb and ballast from insidesun.com they always have good deals on refurbished lighting.

Thats all it looks great to me.

I also went with Mircle Grow and didn't have any problems it must just be the noobs who over-water the soil

Right now I'm using Cactus soil for its drainage properties, but I've been told thats not a good idea.

3. I don't know how cacti make roots and absorb water, but i'm guessing that the soil would not drain much so the cactus could absorb more? Anyway, I have a bag of Peat Moss on the side of my house and my plants have been shitting bricks since i've added it to their pots. They absolutely love that shit, it holds water pretty well and it very easy to move through for their roots.

4. not bad with the mg think you will use it again?

5. Probably, but i'm making my own soil right now. I'm trying to get some worms to compost some stuff, but right now i've got two of those 10" pots full of 50/50 mg and peatmoss soil in there as well as the remains of the two male plants. When I get worms i'll be able to add vegetable kitchen scraps to it and then have really nice soil for my babies to grow in next grow.