First bag seed grow (grow box)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by tokin24/7, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Howdy everyone, Today i will start my grow journal. 3 days ago today I put my first germinated seed in soil & it has sprouted. Here are a few pics of what its lookin like. I had 3 42W CFL's but now i only have 2 to make room for a fan to strengthen her skinny stem. Im leaving lights on 24/7 to try & get er to grow as fast as possible.

Quick question should i LST her in a 10" pot? Or since its just one plant growing should i just veg it till its 1' & then flower till harvest. If i do LST how many weeks should you veg before starting it?

So just to check up & see if everything is as it should be how does she look?

Attached Files:

2. You can start LST with any size pot really. I usually start once they're in 6" pots. You probably wanna wait till it gets 5-6 sets of leaves before tieng it down just to make sure the stem is strong enough.

You should let it grow in veg for as long as you can. I dunno if your in a rush or anything to get a harvest or whatever. I usually veg for at least 6 weeks, up to 8 or so.

GL!

3. if i have 3ft of space horizontaly to grow, if i stop veg when the plants 1ft & flower will there be enough room for it? + the light fixture is about 6-7" tall

4. Sprayed the soil with some distiled water this morning & the leaves look very healthy. The only thing im worried about is the extremely thin stem so i put a fan on it last night in hopes to strengthen it up.

Can someone tell me if i should bother doing LST to it or just let it grow a ft & then flower.

Thanks for the comments & here are some pics taken just now.

Attached Files:

5. just a few suggestions if i may.... just to make ur set up a little bit more efficent. first with your light set up... you might want to make them in a circle around the plant. cfls have very low lumens but im sure that all 3 together around the one plant will make it grow much quicker. I see that you have lined your box with foil paper.... yes that is a good solution for right now but i woudnt let it stay much longer. The foil can create hot spots and possibly hurt ur plant later. Reflective mylar is expensive i know... but you can always spray paint the inside flat white and still be in good shape for you entire grow.

I had also seen that you would like to LST... since this is your first grow have you considered a scrog? in my opinion a scrog is easier for the grower and the plant... to me the risk of breaking my plant just isnt worth it.

good luck

6. Just a quick update to my journal, I have officialy moved into the new grow space & the plant seems to be doing fine there. Just wondering if the plant is looking as it should be for a 9 day old plant.(since it was planted) Ive seen peoples plants around the same age as mine & they are much bigger:confused: howcome? Atm im giving them 24/7 light from 4 6500K 27W CFL's.

Attached Files:

7. ne1????????

8. Evening everyone, alright, sofar my new grow box is doing great & my plant is growing very fast & looks very healthy. There are some little green things coming out of the main stem, will these turn into leaves?

& 1 question, i went to the seed bank & got some northern lights, my question is, is can I put 4 plants (including the one im growing now in my growbox which is 18"x18"x4'? & if i start flowering when its 12" it wont be 4ft when flowering is done will? it?

& Finaly here are some pics for you all to look at.
    P.S What is the cause of that slight yellowing on the last 2 pics? It has a tiny bit of brown at the tip & hasn't seemed to expand to the rest of the leaf, Im pretty sure it was because the lights were too close though.

Attached Files:

9. looking good it looks like you might have a little bit of heat stress whats your temps in the box( thats whats causing your tips to do that usually)?? also to make mine grow faster people say not to use nutes until like 1-2 weeks old but i just extremely dillute mine and they seem to grow about 2X's faster( im talking like 1/16 dosage ) but keep it up and give it time. im not sure but if you put more lights in your box i dont see why you couldnt do more plants. im using cfls right now and i usually do 2 6500K 26w per seedling and at 3 weeks i change it to 5 42w 2700K and 6 26w 6500K lights but then again im going closet. so hopefulyl someone more experienced will tell you? GL

10. Hey everyone sry for the delay but its been 3 weeks and a day now since i planted the seed. & I have to say this looks like a very healthy plant. I went to the seed bank and got 6 northern light seeds. I germinated 3 of them & they all sprouted. (they are femenized, remember the big plant is from bag seed). I decided to step up my operation so i got a big metal cabinet & painted it matte white. Im going to put a HPS light in there but i dont know if i should go with the 400W or the 250? (im only going to grow 5-6 plants in there. & Finaly here are some pics taken today of the plant & the ferts & deoderizer i bought.

Attached Files:

11. definitely looking very lush and healthy, good job!!!

12. looks pretty good so far. Is it me or are the leaves sorta droopy. you might wanna water a little less

13. Woke up this morning ripped a bong & felt it was time to take some more pics & keep you all up to date. Anyway the 3 northern lights plants are doing quite well & tomorrow they will be 2 weeks old(from planting) and my bagseed plant will be 4 weeks old.

Im noticing that on the small leaves from the branches on the lower part of the plant are turning yellowish a little bit. I am using an organic grow formula at full strength.

Finaly the newly sprouted top sets of leaves are almost completely folded inward. Does this mean its too close to the light or is it something else??

& last but not least here are some pics.

Attached Files:

14. man, i'm following this grow...

when i tried to grow bag seed it didn't work out so this might inspire me to do it again lol

15. All of mine are bagseed, I hope it turns out this well. Don't want to spend a lot of money on seeds to screw it up the first time. Nice grow man.

16. Yesterday i put my bagseed plant in the flowering box & started feeding it flowering nutrients, as well i put it on the 12/12 light cycle. I checked it at the end of the day today & i think i have some bad news :(...

On the other hand the Northern Lights XX are looking pretty good. Yesterday they were planted into their last pots which are 10" in diamater at the top and are 8" tall. This should be enough right?

Allthough i do have some questions, one of the plants has a couple of rusty color dots & the two bottom leaves are curling a bit. The other plant is very droopy, im not sure why, the soil is definatly saturated so its not a watering issue. Could this be because of being transplaned & they take a couple days to start growing again??

& finaly here are some pics.

Attached Files:

17. mine will droop in the morniing when the light are off but the perk back up within a few hours or even days if you over watered just keep an eye on it till you water it again

18. If the plant droops in the morning before 'sunset' then you are probably overwatering.

19. nice plants uve encouraged me to start a grow i hope it goes as smoothly as yours. Also does anyone know of a way to keep the smell from spreading to far.

20. ok so recently the bag seed plant has been put into flowering and been determined a male.. i think:rolleyes::bongin:. And yay! my 180$ bong from Europe came friday so that made my weekend :p. So what should i do with the male now? But on the other hand the 3 feminized Northern lights are doing well. my plan is to keep only 1 of them in there to be a mother for clones & flower the other 2 when they are a foot tall. Then im going to take a clone cutting every 2 weeks, then keep it under floruos for 2 weeks & then flower them. This way ill have a small harvest at least every month. Im a little worried becasue all the plants are showing their roots at the drainage holes for the pots & these arent small pots their bigass pots, so big i cant fit 4 in a 18"x18" space. & the weird thing is is that i just transplanted it from a small party cup like a week ago. so can i get by without transplanting them again for the grow??????:confused::confused:

Attached Files: