MYSTIC way of growing

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Mystic, May 22, 2007.

1. Well, it's 2 weeks into flowering and I finally have some pictures worth showing. I hope you like this girl.

I'm growing Blue Mystic, which from what I've heard and read is top notch buds.

I'm doing a little cabinet grow with all flourescent tubes...although I'm thinking of switching to a few 500w CFLs that I found. The tubes produce a ton of heat. I'm pushing 96 degrees in this puppy when it's closed for more than a few hours. After this girl is finished I'm going to take a few weeks to Rework the ventilation.

For the rookies out there...I'm a learning one myself...spend the money on good ventilation and plan ahead for exhaust temps. I"m exhausting into a room, which is brutal...my room is like a mini sauna. So mistake I've learned from....don't make it yourself.

A little more details for you...

ALL ORGANIC GROW. Purchased the Miracle Grow Organic Choice. Don't worry, doesn't have crazy ferts in it, it just their "version" of Organic.

I then added the trusty perilite, Earthworm Compost, Fish Emulsion, Bone Meal, Blood Meal, and Epsom Salt. I've even put together an Oranic Spray that is basically a combination of all of these. Pinch of each ground up to powder consistency, then added to gallon of water and spritz. Leaves seem to like it...I do get some salt deposits though...so next time will go lighter on all.

The burnt leaves that you see are only due to them resting on the Light housing too long...which in close quarters is hard to avoid. Been pretty mild on the ferts, so been lucky thus far.

I'm typically watering a full gallon every 3 days. Every 3rd watering I'm giving them a teaspoon of Blood, a Tablespoon of Bone, and a 1/2 teaspoon of Epsom Salt. During Veg, I basically just rotated the Blood/Bone formula.

This girl is about 6 weeks old in all and has been on 12/12 for about 2 weeks now. She had a brother, but somehow or another he has disappeared. I ran his scraps through the Honey Bee Extractor and turned him into a tasty ball of resinous oil. He got me ripped...so I can only imagine what his sis is going to do. I'm hoping to turn this girl into a mother plant and I plan to pull a clone soon.

Just a few more details...

I topped her once at 3 weeks and then again at 4 weeks because she was stretching a little. As you can see from the picture, this is going to produce quite a few top colas...it's looking good.

Now for the advice that I need....

1. Since the leaves are not showing signs of burn from ferts...should I add more next time, or just keep it as is???

2. In this type cabinet would I be able to do a bubble bucket...due to the temps?? Doesn't the water need to stay cool?? If the air is at 85, would that be to hot?

3. I like the tubes because the lower parts of the plant are getting direct light, but the heat is crazy...would the white walls alone reflect a large CFL to light the bottom? Anyone know of a good place to get a "Bat Wing" for a CFL???

4. When should I cut a clone from this plant??

5. Would SCROG be a good method for this cabinet?

6. What strain should I look at growing next time for a nice head high...something I could function on, not get lazy on?

Thanks for your help!!!

Pic #1 - Top View from inside cabinet - My CO2 setup in on the left.

Pic #2 - Looking from the ground. How cool for an ant!

Pic #3 - What was left of her brother

Pic #4 - This is going to be nice

Pic #5 - Pic from a few days ago...Looking good for a first timer huh??

Am I doing well for a first timer?? Any general advice?

Attached Files:

2. DISREGARD ORIGINAL 1ST POST....I LOST TRACK OF THIS THREAD AND FORGOT TO UPDATE IT WITH MY FIRST GROW...THIS WILL NOW BE MY 2ND GROW JOURNAL

Well, yesterday I officially started the 2nd grow. You can check out my first grow...which is still going at the link in my signature. It's turning out pretty good and has about 4 weeks left.

This harvest will have to be done by Oct 1st, as I'm going out of town for 10 days and that's way too long to leave a ripening girl alone....even if I have to harvest early, I want to build up my stash....so stay tuned so you can see how I do with a time crunch. It shoudl be interesting to see how things go...I'm going to be cutting it close.

I'm cracking 2 seeds currently and will keep my current plant as a mother. After my 2nd plant is harvested, I'll be moving my operation into the attic for the winter months...it'll be nice not having it in my closet...and then I'll start a yearly cycle every winter.

in any case...stay tuned for another fun journey.

3. ill be subscribing, looking forward to it, just dont neglect your girl :D... u going to reveg her?

4. I'm going to attempt it...

hell, I figure this... She's been through so much and is still holding on strong...which means to me that she's a pretty strong plant...so I figure it's worth a shot.

What's the worst that would happen? If I'm successful in ReVegging her, I'll be cloning...or attempting to again...I need to get that down soon, because I want to build up my stash over the winter months so I don't have to worry about the temps during the summer.

Where I'm at it only gets below freezing maybe a week out of the year and with my lights my cab has gotten up to 96 degrees with all the doors closed up, so when I revamp the exhaust and make the cab a little more "professional" I should be good for attic growing....ONLY winter months though. Summer it gets over 100 with the heat index.

Stick around Jay...I'll stay in touch with you.

5. Sounds good man , If you still decide to reveg, use the 6500k bulbs, 24/0 lighting... it usually takes 2 weeks before new growth really shows and about a month before you could take cuts

I know what u mean about the attic, luckily i have central air and a window ac so its an optimal space for me it never gets above 75, maybe 80 MAX in here if i leave the ac off (my cab stays like 75-85 on hot days and nights, 65-78 on cool days/nights)

6. BOTH SEEDS SPROUTED AND ARE ON IN MY NEW FAFARD SOIL. (See Picture of Soil Type)

DEADLINE FOR HARVEST: 09/28/2007

It'd be nice to harvest a week earlier so it'd be somewhat cured for my trip.

Under one "150" watt 6500K CFL.

Will be looking into a veg cab, which will eventually be the cloning box when I make my attic move.

for the time being, they are top of my dresser.

Anyone know how I can delete the very first post that I put on this thread??? It's not giving me an option for editing? Administrator?? can you delete the text on the first post?

Attached Files:

7. The girls have already popped their heads out of the soil and are starting to show first set of real leaves...this strain is FAST! Have under one 6500K bulb, but am looking for small box to put them in for veg since my cabinet is being used for flowering #1 now.

8. Here's the new seedling pics. They were pretty curly cued, so it was hard to bury with my new kick ass fafard soil....that stuff is so "airy" that it was hard to compact the soil around the seedling, so I did the best that I could and then topped the cups off with some work castings to strengthen the seedlings. Hopefully they'll catch hold this week so I won't have to worry.

Looking to veg about 3 weeks I guess....will I even need to add any nutes you think?

With this type soil when should I look to add my first ferts?

Attached Files:

9. If the soil doesnt contain nutes (i couldnt tell), whenever the first true set of leaves yellow is when u add nutes, feeding at 1/4 strength. Thats usually around 3 weeks since sprouting...

10. Easy enough...alright. This time I'm "following the rules"

BrazyJay - What do you use for bloom ferts?

11. Plant 1 will be the one that is out of the ground the most. Plant 1 will be a scrog...

Plant 2 will be the one that is not quite all the way out. Plant 2 will be fimmed and LST'd...

I've read up on both and they both serve the same purpose, but I'm going to see which works best for me. Scrog on the outside sounds easier, once it's set up....but we'll see.

Stay tuned.

Oh yeah...and cross your fingers that these babies are girls!!!!

Remember 9/28/07 deadline.

Is Scrog/LST a bad idea for 1 month VEG?

12. I use Foxfarm Big Bloom (100% organic) and Tiger Bloom(organic based) in flowering. Grow big (organic based) for veg.

Scrog takes a longer veg time than LST.You should try to do 5 weeks for veg if you could.. And fim slows growth longer than topping(my experience only). I would suggest u fim one and top the other, than lst the branches, and continue to LST both, during the first 2 weeks of 12/12, until u see buds appear. It would be nice to see them compared to each other though.

Also, what strain are u growing? I dont think u mentioned, but I couldve missed it...

13. I'm just going to do the Blue Mystic again. With it looking so f'n sweet with me doing a pretty terrible job, I want to see what a Blue Mystic plant looks like with all the kinks worked out.

I think I could handle 5 weeks veg...or maybe even 4.5...We will see the comparison in the works. I'm fascinated with both...but fimming and topping numerous times really helped me get tops on this one....so we'll have a comparison of 3.

14. Cant wait to see how these turn out compared to that one, just be patient, patience is the key to healthy plants.

15. Girls are almost an inch tall now....already. Going to shop for small veg cab potential setup...will post pics later.

16. Well, I decided to be adventurous...SO, I fimmed these new girls on their 2nd set of 5 finger leaves. They are doing wonderfully now! They are each about 6 inches tall, but one has brownish speckled leaves...Iron or something I think?

They are just in little 16 oz plastic cups currently and I haven't done any ferts yet??? I'm using Fafard Soil. Any guesses?

Also, should I PH balance my big pot of soil prior to transplant? PH of soil is a little low.

17. fert burn, its your soil ....chemicals added:(

18. thanks Ganja!!!

I flushed the soil as best as I could with it being in cups. I'm going to put the soil I'm going to transplant to in my buckets today and start flushing the soil BEFORE i put my plants in there.

Thanks again brother!

19. Yea pre-flushing it should help, make sure the ph is good though, i bet they need a transplant soon!

20. I'm going to transplant the same day I harvest. I have a ton of branching so far, and I'm going to pull 3 to 4 clones from each first. Should I take clones from the lower part or upper part of the plant?