CFL grow 3 weeks into flowering

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by btt, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Hello.

I am new to this forum, but know a thing or two. I have 4 plants 3 weeks into flowering with 6 CFL's in a small grow box. They were flowered(12/12) after 25 days of veg. (18/6) Here I will share my pics with you. These pics are from 2 days ago when they were 3 weeks into flowering. 4/5 females Very first grow. Using Fox Farm Tiger Bloom. MG Organic potting soil. LST. BAGSEED. Turbinado sugar.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nice Bud Shots!! + Rep:hello: But If I may ask, I need a lil Help. What CFL's are you using, Pix would be nice and wattage also ETC. Thanks!

3. For CFL's I have:

(3) 29 watt/ 2200 Lumen Soft White

(1) 26 watt/ 1700 Lumen Soft White

(1) 42 watt/ 2700 Lumen Soft White

(1) 23 watt/ 1600 Lumen Daylight

Quite a mix of them. Started off with 2 then worked my way up to six based on the ones they had in stock. Lowes/Home Depot

For a total of 178 watts/ 12,600 Lumen

Mind you my box is rather small. About 8 cu. ft./ 3.75 sq. ft.

4. Buds look real nice............ always like to see people growing with cfl's. I'm vegging with 6 right now, but I'll be putting them under the HPS in a few weeks. Good luck and +rep.

5. Did you buy the Bulbs from Walmart?

6. No, got them from various stores. Thanks guys for the +rep :hello:

7. just curious did you use bagseed from good buds or was it regs or schwag?

8. It was bag seed from some stuff a friend of mine grew. Not sure of the strain. But it was for sure some fire.

9. Can't wait till I can smoke some of these dank nugs.

10. UPDATE! Day 48/ Day 23 FLOWER

Watered today. 3 tsp. FF Tiger Bloom/Gallon and Turbinado sugar 1 tbl spn/gallon
    pH 6.8

PICS!:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. nice buds. im not sure whether to buy my friends 400w hps or flower under my cfls too... i have a 125w eco-lite with veg spectrum, but can change bulb for 2700k flowering. what do you reckon? maybe i could get a 200w cfl for flowering...

12. Day 50/ Day 25 FLOWER
    Here are some pics! ENJOY! :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. UPDATE! Day 52/ Day 27 FLOWER

Today I decided to flush my plants since they were coming up on their 8th week of life in a few days and haven't done it once.

I flushed each gallon pot with 2 gallons of water. I used 50% strength Tiger Bloom 1tsp/gallon for the flushing water to lower the pH to 6.5-6.6

Leaves are continuing to yellow even though they have been getting nutes. I know it is common to yellow, but fan leaves are slowly dieing off.

Run-off water was 6.5-6.8

I think I will pick up some mexican bat guano to mix into soil for some more Nitrogen.

PICS!![​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. ffffuck looks good man +rep and i wish i had a cam that fucking good!

15. nice plants man good job. i am wondering if you used those same lights through vegging and flowering? and if you dont mind how many lights did you have on them when they started and how long you took to upgrade to each one? sorry for all the questions man.

16. Yes I used the same lights through veg/flower. I started off with (2) of the 29 watt soft white CFL's. I know daylight/cool is better for veg., but I only wanted to use one or the other and soft white is better for flower where it really counts.

I had all 6 by the time I was 3 weeks into veg. I vegged for 25 days, then flowered. (12/12) So within 3 weeks, I went from 2 CFL's to 6.

Keep in mind, while I only had 2 in the beginning and worked my way up to 6, there is only so much light a small plant can use and anything over is wasted.

So all in all, I think it worked out working my way up to 6 by 3 weeks into veg.

17. Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. Being my first grow, I am happy with the results thus far. Now just a few more weeks for those buds to fatten up!

I will be updating with pics/info every few days as I have been doing.

I will be happy with whatever I yield. Especially since I GREW it! :)

18. Good Grow man .. for CFL wow...
    Are you still 3 weeks into flowering,, or whats the total 12/12 time today/

19. Today, Thursday is 4 weeks since 12/12 switch.
    Close ups.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]