Guerilla '07

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by blood_on_snow, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Woot! 2007 is here and winters ALMOST over! Time to start prepping for the new grow season. last year was my first grow, indoors, CFL and fluro tubing, 8 plants, 6 males, 2 ounces.

I've already got a nice spot picked out in one of my neighbors yards. No worries, acres and acres of relatively heavily wooded areas. When they made this neighborhood they tore through an old quad trail so we have small patches of trails that go nowhere. My only chance of getting caught is the hunters, they trespass all year long hunting deer with or without a license and ignoring the "NO TRESPASSING" signs posted everywhere it's really annoying. One day I'll crack and take a gun to their kneecaps. Anywho... This little patch of land has about a 10 foot wide trail parrallel to the road about 60 yards away. It's about 80 yards long and curves into the road at the end alot like a fishing hook or a J. I only tilled a little bit of land for the grow. I could do more but I dont feel like it lol. Oh and the path is going east to west so it gets direct sunlight most of the day while still surrounded by trees.

Tools of the Trade (see pics)-
    Seeds- 344 and counting
    Seedling Box- Gonna let em grow under my care for 3 weeks before transplanting
    Tilled land- Pic to come soon

Attached Files:

2. Today I got some goodies for the growsite. Fish emulsion, Epsom Salt, SUPERthrive, TakeRoot, and a big bottle of slow release pellets for the surrounding woods. First tthing I did when I got home is walk to the site, spread the pellets everywhere around my tilled land, and put up fishing line. One line at a little over a foot off the ground and another at about 3 feet. Still no pics of the site. I keep forgetting to bring my camera.

Can anyone tell me anything about SUPERthrive? the "Search" button wont let me search grasscity for it so I dont know what not to do with it. I was gonna use it for germination, transplanting, and a little for watering, but if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Attached Files:

3. Hey guys. Finally got those pics of the growsite up. Today I added the epsom salt, fish emulsion, SUPERthrive and a tiny bit of TakeRoot and aspirin to the soil. I tilled it all in and then I covered it all over with leaves.

The site is about 8ft by 19ft, just enough for about 50 plants if you only leave 3 feet of space between each plant. Yes there is a stump in the middle of the soil, but hell whats a Guerilla grow without a little bit of camo? I'm going to go ahead and put 75 seeds in the refrigerator tonight.

Attached Files:

4. I'm so pumped for Spring. I'm gonna do a guerrilla grow liek yours but it's hard to find good spots because my area in Jersey doesn't have that many woods that have open sunlight liek that. Good luck!

5. Looks like a good spot i am pulling a chair. someone get the popcorn.

blaze on , Tol

6. Thanks for the support guys.

I know how frustrating it can be to find a good spot aznbeaver. I live in an area surrounded by acres of woods, but we get a whole lot of hikers and hunters and theirs a lot of land development going on so that perfect spot is almost nonexistant even here. I walked the trails for a few miles before finding a spot not a half mile from my doorstep. Gonna suck if the police find it they can track my footprints real easy.

7. Crap I did the math wrong, it's not gonna be 50 plants. I Googled it and it turns out "(8 x 19) divided by (3 x 3) = 16.8888889". (8x19) being my grow space and (3x3) being the minimal space for each plant. This is why you pay attention in school...So you can use what you learn to grow good weed.

8. I'm doing about the same thing this year, but one thing for you to consider is vegging them inside for a lil bit and throw them out early and you can get an early harvest, re-veg them outside, and get your regular harvest too.

9. I'm just growing them to about a foot high before I put them outside.

I dont see how you plan to manage forcing them to flower outside. What would you do, put a tarp ontop of them everyday and take it off everyday to make sure they get the right amount of light for flowering?

10. Hey guys. Just thought I'd post a pic of the seeds I currently have in storage. The mix is what I have in the fridge right now and will be planting.

Attached Files:

11. Actually, the days of early spring are alot like that of late summer and fall. If you put the plants outdoor early enough they will naturally bud do to the long photoperiods, and cold morning and night temps.

12. i meant short photoperiods, my bad im blazed

13. I still see a couple problems with that. Wouldnt that mean putting them out already pre-vegged? and wouldnt frost be an issue?

Not trying to sound like an ass I'm just skeptical about doing more than one outdoor grow a year. You know what they ay about those who are too greedy.

14. Oh man. Can't wait to see it.
    Good luck.

15. i'll be watchingthis closely

16. dont bother with that stuff above. the plants wont flower early, if the days are only getting longer, it will mess with the plant, not what you want.

Vegging them inside a few weeks early, then when you are sure frosts are done, get em outside. The only way to get plants to flower early outside is to cover them a few hours before it gets dark and uncover them... not worth the hassle at all... or the risk.

How many plants are you planning? I would advise to plant em apart. A garden in the woods is eye catching and suspicious. I would hate for this to get found on you.

I can also advise because you are planting that many to be wise about what you wear in the area.

GL!

17. Yeah I wasent going to anyway. I cant chance ruining a crop like that and as you say, it's just too much trouble.

I am going to plant a maximum of 25 plants, 16 of which were going to go in that tilled land I prepared. I understand that humans tend to notice patterns, and for that reason fitting 16 plants in this small space might not be the brightest idea. If a hunter were to walk by within 20 yards he could probably notice it and might inspect further. how many plants do you recommend I plant in this land?

Thanks for your advice deafeningsilanc

18. Well since the path is 80 yards long, i would plant them from end to end. Hunters arent out much in the summer where i am, Virginas hunting seasons might be different.

1 or 2 every 10 yards or so, that way you can get 10-20 in there. Greed doesnt get many people very far... especially in illegal endevors. Hunters arent looking for pot plants, they are likely to be quiet and uninvasive to the environment. They want to disturb as little as possible, I mean unless they know what pot looks like, theres a chance they could walk up on it, and right by it.

Be careful when you are in the area. Dont be conspicuous, tilling the area and recovering it was a good idea. When you do plant em, keep it as naturalistic as you can. Even if one is found, the person there may not be a rat if they are indeed trespassing as it is.

19. The areas that I tilled is the maximum amount of land that I can really use. narrow openings leave other parts viewable from the road. A car or someone going on a walk along the roadside might see me back in the woods. At the end of the curve of the "J" shape is the road its self so obviously I cant plant in that view either. I'll plant only 5 plants in the tilled land and try to make it seem as though their just growing out from underneath the fallen branches. As always, I appreciate your advice and I hope to hear more from you soon.

I got impatient today and started germinating the seeds. Way too early but with the lack of snow and frost where I'm at I'm sure they will survive if I wait atleast 4 weeks before transplanting them. This is also my first time germinating using additives to the water. I put in a tiny dab of TakeRoot and a drop of Superthrive. Even if I screw this up I still have plenty more seeds and alot more time. If I find more locations I can even plant more than 25 seedlings in the future.

Pics:
    1- Soil and polymer crystals I got today (tomato seeds were cover for buying it).
    2- plate, water, seeds from the fridge, paper towels, TakeRoot, and Superthrive.
    3- Now just to set them in the closet....

Attached Files:

20. It's been a long day so I'm gonna make this one rather short.

13 seeds cracked open today. Well, one yesterday and 12 today. I only have 2 lights on in the box because even with just the two on and the fan going it's still like 85 in their. Thats also with the cover taken off to let out some heat. With it on it gets up to 90.

Pics-
    1- Guess
    2- an outside view

Attached Files: