bag seed closet organic grow(white rhino, cali orange. pics will be posted)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by hangook420, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Hi after reading so many journals i decided to start one of my own. Its my first grow and i am going to be growing in 2 closets. One veg box and the other for flowering. I decided to start growing cuz i smoke copious amounts of beautiful chronic everyday and eversince my 2 trips to amsterdam thats all i want to smoke except prices for this kind of weed are expensive here. So here is my first grow... Hope it comes out nice.. I've read alot of books and journals but could always use advice and help(would be much appreciated)!
    For the veg box i am using 5x 27w cfl bulbs. The flower box is under construction but will be ready by in time for flowering. For the flower box i will be using a 400w hps bulb.
    Its been about 6 and 1/2 days since I germinated. 16/20 have germinated. Seeds come from amsterdam 10 white rino and 10 cali orange. They were germed using paper towel method. 8/10 of each have germed within 36 hours and have been planted in jiffy pellets and are placed in an incubator. 11 out of 16 have sprouted. I will soon will upload pics i just need to transfer them for my cam to my buddies computer(don't have a card reader). They are all in jiffy pellets and have not been given anything except for water. True leaves are starting to show on some of the seedlings. Can't wait to see how they turn out!
    Please feel to comment and make suggestions. Open to criticism and what not!
    This grow is pure organic using soil mix and 100% organic ferts.. don't know which ones to get yet.. could use some help here.
    Oh yeah if anyone can help me i was wondering if i should use rooting fertilizer and when i should start applying it???
    The Veg Box is 2.5ft(wide)x1.5ft(long)x4ft(high) and the inside is covered in black/white reflective plastic and has a computer fan with attached to a hole one the top and a hole at the bottom.
    The flower box will be 4ftx2.5ftx7ft high covered in black/white reflective plastic with two holes for ventilation with a fan on the top holeb blowing air out. If i left out any details please ask and i will post!
    Thanks for dropping by... Now im gonna light up and smoke up!:)

Oh yeah im having problems keeping the heat at a good temp while having lights close to the incubator.. can anyone help me out here..
    Pics will be posted later on today!:smoking:

2. Finally got pics uploaded and here they are.. These are pics from day 6.. I am planning on transplanting either today or tomorrow into larger containers. I bought mirace gro for potting soil 0.14-0.14-0.14 and some rhizotonic(nutrient for rooting made by Canna) and B-1.

-- Was wondering if it's too early to apply Rhizotonic & B-1 (good for the entire well-being of the plant, especially root formation) into the soil right away.

Peace :smoking:

Attached Files:

3. I woke up this morning and checked how my babies were doing and the temp inside the incubator was at 34 degrees!!!(i hope it didn't shock the plants too much.) anyways i checked my fans and i realized that my comp fan, which is attached to a 9.6v charger, was off. Does anyone know why it turned off?? it is not on a timer, and before i went to sleep yesterday the temperature was 27.0 degrees. Well the plants were transplanted last night and are in bigger pots. I used Rhizotonic(4ml/L) and B(3ml/L) for rooting and transplanting. B-1 is a seaweed extract. I heard from another grower that B-1 is good for the plants overall health throughout its lifecycle. Anyways here are some pics of end of day six(just after being transplanted) and half way through day 7. They are all getting bigger!! yay!! I don't think the plants went through transplant shock, well not that much at least cuz the last sprouted seedling has opened up it first set of leaves!!! True leaves are coming out:hello:.

First three pics are right after transplantation at the end of day 6 one pic of overall incubator, the WR 1-C is my healthiest rhino seedling and COB 2-A is my late sprouted cali orange seeling. The next two pics are the same two plants on day 7!

Attached Files:

4. Dude if you doing miracle grow DO NOT FEED ANY NUTRIENTS.
    If you were reding forums you should have noticed that this soil gets bad reviews and growers have problems almost every time.
    It is full of nutrients. Be carefull.
    You shouldn't feed plants through first month anyway as soil carry enough feed (thats the whole point), and tip from myself:
    when repoting plants do not feed them untill you see good solid growth it is risky as hell.
    Hope you will not encounter MG growers faith.
    Remember 'Less is more' with nutes in soil.
    Good Luck.

5. Here are some more pix of the cali orange and white rhino the first 2 are from the end of day 6 after transplant and the others are day 7 after waking up. one of the jiffy's that didn't sprout has finally sprouted... very late one! but its ALIVE!!!! YAY!!!:hello:

Attached Files:

6. Thanks a lot, good to know!
    So rhizotonic is not good right now?? because I heard it was used by to help create more roots and a stronger root system and B-1 is like ointment for the plant.
    And for future references, which type of soil would you recommend? Oh yeah i forgot to mention i mixed some more perlite with the miracle gro.. wiill that make the soil better??
    Considering the circumstances, if it's a good idea, maybe next time I transplant them I could use the right kind of soil. or mix soils??
    thanks for ur advice.. its good to have other people's put input on the grow..
    anyways take it easy and thanks for dropping by.. Hope u come around more often to help with my plants..!! :smoking:

7. hangook420,

Hey buddy, nice grow. Like Potmaniac said Miricle Grow soil is no good. And now that you have grown in it, your grow is not organic. See those yellow balls in the soil? Those are the time release capsules which in time could over fertilize your plants. I would recommend you transplant to some different soil ASAP. Try some generic potting soil with no nutes or, you can try some Fox Farms soil or Sunshine Mix #4. Oh and your B-1, I have never used it but I do know it does promote root growth so it would probably be OK for you to use a bit.

8. I don't know where on earth are you, but genneraly I had best expirience with organic soil (Bio-Bizz for example). Best advice is to buy your soil in place where they can tell you something about in. Say u need something for herbs on window sill, and you want them to taste good. Quick draining, no added nutrients, neutral or slightly acidic.etc

Rooting stuff is rather used in hydro.I Never did it in soil.
    My best tip to help roots, is to allow soil to dry b4 you water them again.
    You will have to water everyday in late flowering.
    About rhizotonic just don't know. Never used it. Just following logic:
    Young plants like yours are much safer when treated with nothing unless they ask for it. (Defficiencies are showing slower than overdoses and are easier to deal with).
    Common problem in pots is rootbound. So unless you have problem, helping plants in pots to root extensively is asking for trouble.

Good touch with perlite.It should help you a lot.

I will follow this grow as I'm quite interested in those strains. Good luck.

9. yeah i was wondering what those balls were.. i squeezed one and juice popped out of it.. SMKNVTECH if i were to transfer the plants into organic soil.. it will be organic won't it? just because it was in there for a bit doesn't it make it not organic no?? as long as i change soils?
    it says on the ingredients list that it has 30% organic matter.. none the less i am convinced to transfer the plants into better soil... or maybe keep some of them in MG and see what happens.. or maybe it is a bad idea and i should repot all in new soil?? When i change soil.. what are the steps in doing it?? should i leave some of the soil on the plants to cover the roots?? or try to get rid of all the potting mic and put the plants in with roots showing??
    Oh yeah i think i will start watering them only when the soil is dry.. i heard alot about that.. thanks for the advice Potmaniac
    Thanks the for the advice guys..!! it is much appreciated...
    Oh yeah i saw some bio-fizz at the local grow store.. maybe i should pick that up.. anways im gonna go out soon and buy some new soil... I'll be updating the grow daily with pics.. unless something happens and i don't have time to do it..
    Thanks for all the comments and suggestions!!
    P.S. I am trying to get through veg period as fast as possible cuz i wanna harvest b4 4:20(april 20) so i can smoke my first crop on 4:20. If anyone has any tips on helping the plants grow faster... please help...:p if not i will just have to smoke chronic that is not homegrown

10. Well I went out and got some new soil. (Bcuzz hydromix hp) and am going to transplant the plants. I don't think the transplanting will give too much shock as they are in jiffy pellets planted in soil. Im planning on removing the jiffy pellet and repotting it in the new soil! Thanks for the warning guys.. don't want to overfert the plants. Oh and i talked to the person who suggested me to use rhizotonic and B-1 and he says that they aren't fertilizers... and that i should use it daily and it won't harm or burn plants..
    Updates will be made soon after re-potting..

11. Alright, so tonight I transplanted the plants from containers with Miracle Gro Potting Mix to Bcuzz HydroMix HP. I moistened the soil with a 4ml Rhizotonic + 3ml B-1/ litre of water solution to promote growth. I didn't add any perlite to the soil though, because it's already got 30% perlite in the mix as well as other stuff to promote drainage. I hope the changing of soils hasn't caused to much shock.. I took pictures right after changing the soil and will see the progress of the plants... hopefully they will grow at a good rate. Anyways here are some pics. These pics are towards the end of day 7

Attached Files:

12. Hallo. Again.
    I've had little reaserch about rhizotonic.
    As you said it is not fertiliser, just some 'helper'. Expensive stuff.
    It is gennerally supposed to help clones to root, but also works well for damaged plants as part of healing process.
    If you need it??????
    Will not harm anything but your pocket.
    Good idea with repoting. Now give them a month b4 any feeding. Just watch ph.
    :smoking:

13. Just one more thing.
    Only one moment when it is good to overwater plants slightly is when you repoting (only once). It helps root ro accomodate into new medium.

14. Good move onthe transplant. Miricle Grow does have an organic soil line but, it too is not great. However, the soil has poor drainage and needs perlite added to it. Anyway, good move on the transplant. They should do fine now. Oh and don't fertilize at all until about week three of their lives [not counting the B-1].

15. Well Its been around 20hrs since we transplanted and here are an update on the plants. They are all still growing.. Some show more than others.. which probably means transplant didn't shock them that much:). Thanks for the in info on miracle gro Potmaniac and SmknVtech.. the plants seem to be doing fine.. could have run into some trouble with the ferts there but thanks to you guys they are in good soil. anyways here are some pics of the plants. The White rhino 1-c is growing at a faster rate then others.. I hope it becomes a healthy female!! Here are the pics.. please comment on how the plants are doing and if anything looks wrong..

Attached Files:

16. Hey guys I was looking over the plants and i noticed the leaves on WR-1C( on the 4picture in the thread above) are yellowing on the outside a little... Can anyone tell me if there is a some sort of nutrient deficiency, i don't think it is overwatering cuz I didn't give it that much water.. a few sprays with the sprayer for each plant... Maybe it is a N or Mg deficiency..? It is happening to my stongest looking plant... i hope nothing bad will happen....

17. Too early for a deficiency unless the soil pH is off and locking out something. I see how it is a bit yellow but, this might be normal. Give them a few days before getting too worried. Also, why are they under that humidity dome? They should be out in the open with a fan blowing by them.

18. Thanks for the info on the yellowing of the leaves.. I'll give it a few days like u said b4 i start panicking.. I don't think the soil pH is off becuz the new mix that i bought is pH stabilized.. They are inside the humidity dome because someone told us we should keep them in there until they grow out of it.. maybe i'll give it a few days b4 taking off the dome or let it grow out of it because its at a good humidity i heard higher humidity and lower temp increases the probability of females. Oh yeah i also need to get a small fan to fit inside the box... any suggestions on what kind of fan i should use? computer fan? regular fan? Anyways thanks for the info.. i'll be makin an update soon...

19. Oh yeah i forgot to add.... Thanks for doing research on the Rhizotonic Potmaniac... Now i know it won't be so bad... it wasn't that expensive.. but i guess if it doesn't do nething its a waste of cash... but if it makes my babies stronger than it is money well spent..:) anyways thanks again for the info

20. cool thread man, cant wait to see what the cali orange is gonna look like