Second CFL + LED Bagseed Grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by KamelRedLight, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Let's get caught up here. Sprouted first week of June, lived under fluoro tubes in a 12oz styrofoam cup. Soil was Expert Gardener slightly preferted. Transplanted at about a week to 1 gallon pot. Late June, LST began as she burned herself on the light. Got 50w of CFL in pic 4. Lived there till flowering of my first plant was complete, and sexing began. Showed female August 12th, and was transplanted into a 5 gallon bucket with Fox Farms soil, and tied back down. She is growing well now under 84w of 2700k CFL, 30w of 6500k CFL, and 5.3w of LED supplied by the LEDtronics Oasis plant bar. 4" computer fan keeping her cool, watering with the tap so as to avoid another calcium deficiency, and feeding with Fox Farms Tiger Bloom.
    1. Just a baby, probly about a week old.

Attached Files:

2. [​IMG]
    Burnt on the light while I was at Bonnaroo.

[​IMG]
    LST about 1 month old.

[​IMG]
    50w of light, about 1 month and 3 weeks old.

[​IMG]
    2 months old.

[​IMG]
    Today, bud site.

[​IMG]
    Today, full view.

3. And pics of her roommate. Same age, different bag. This guy grew real funny, with 4 tops and a little retarded leaf in the middle where the main stem shoulda kept growing. I never topped or fimmed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Burn all witches. That's a freaky lookin plant! :eek:

5. Yeah that was my mutant male. I want his pollen though, imagine if it had been a female with four tops on her own! Grew tall too, at least a foot and a half maybe two feet in a tiny pot. Anyway the reason for this post is...what is this thing I found? It looks like a bloated preflower. Is it a seed forming?

Attached Files:

6. Yeah it looks like you got yourself a seed!
    Save it for next season!

7. baby girl and the dude made a seed!

aw how cute.. only you don't want any :p well she looked good tonite when i saw her :) hopefully in a few weeks she'll be harvested too just in time for the apartment! woot :D

8. Day 15 of flowering
    Yeah there is a seed on most of the bud sites :rolleyes: oh well. Still growing buds though so I'm happy, plus I get some most likely sativa dominant seeds, cuz that's what the dude looked like, and Baby Girl's leaves aren't nearly as fat as Mama's were, so I'm thinking she has some sativa in her family too. I killed the pollen gathering experiment cuz the sacks just weren't opening. A couple did, but all the pollen fell in the water... But anyway she's havin kids, and gettin big. I think she's growin faster than Mama did. Can't wait!

Attached Files:

9. hopefully baby girl will be done by the time we get an apartment and then u can just start all your new grows there

baby girl is no baby at all anymore damn she's big! :)

10. [​IMG]
    WTF!!??!! :confused: - I swear I actually smelled that when I opened up the big pic :eek:

11. damn son you only vegged for a week? chill

wait your journals are confusing as hell, i give up

12. he vegged for 2 months i think

13. Day 23 of flowering
    Thanks guys for stoppin in, and no Ballz I vegged for around 2 months like Brazy said. Sorry to throw two months of life at ya in 2 posts. But anyway here we are, entering the fourth week of flowering, with some nice tight development, as well as some nice crystal formation. She's been drinking a lot, with some Tiger Bloom in every drink. Greeeen as can be. Readjusted the lights to get some shining on the back branch which wasn't budding up nearly as much as the ones closest to the lights. As long as CFLs are kept close, they work just as good as HPS.

Attached Files:

14. lookin good!

15. :) she's really comin along! can't wait to see if she smokes as good as mama :smoking:

16. Day 27 of flowering
    Thanks Dwg glad you like her.
    Four weeks now, did a little trimming to see if it will help any. Just big leaves that were blocking light, and so I could move the lights into the plant more. Second pic is my nicest looking top right now.

Attached Files:

17. Day 31 of flowering
    Startin to smell in here. It's a weird musky sorta smell, not sweet like Big Mama, my last plant. Buds are starting to plump up, and a couple hairs turned brown. I lowered my LED bar, even though they recommend you keep it a foot away, I think it'll only help because marijuana is probably more of a light loving plant than the Argentine grass they test it on. I was looking into more LED's today, because it's just the stealthiest way to go, since the light emitted is so dim to humans, yet so bright to plants. The bar I have is from LEDtronics, $160, 5.3w, and is supposed to equal a 100w HID light. LEDgrowlights.com on the other hand has a more expensive system, but when you look at the comparison they do of theirs vs mine, it seems worth the extra dough. So I'm thinking of getting one of their new double bright red lights and a blue light here for $200 bucks total, and using the lamps I already have. Yeah it sounds crazy, 200 bucks for 2 lights, but I really can't use HID, and I'd be getting at least the equivalent of a 250w HPS light, using 8w. Sweet. Lemme know what you think, and here's some pictures. I took the last one with the flash cuz it brings out the frostiness.

Attached Files:

18. nicee!!!!

19. Nice man keep up the good work. Just a quick question? How many watts do you have in total and are you only flowering 1 plant? Didnt see any of that info posted here so thats why Im asking.

EDIT: sorry didnt see the info from your first page. But how many watts do you have now since the first grow?