Alaska's in and out grow

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by alaska, May 13, 2011.

1. Okay my turn to give this a go :)
    This will be a in side start outside finish depending on how I feel the summer is progressing.

I'll be running cfls in the beginning, then moving to my green house, and depending on how well they grow I may move them to the woods or just stay in the green house.

I have pics of my strains posted, both are faster strains (says the seed bank). I only have two months of grow season and it's coming up quick.

I'm shooting to have the plants in the green house by June or mid June. I don't want a freeze to destroy them.

This is my 1st attempt at growing. but not my 1st time growing plants for harvest. I love hot peppers and tomatoes. Thats the experience I'll pull from and all the amazing info from grass city :3

I won't be keeping my tomatoes with my pot :) I hear they breed bugs.

Beans are planted, I'll start posting pics as I get them.

Attached Files:

2. Both beans are just breaking the surface, as of 7am ak time. That's much faster then I expected.
    Four days in ground for one and three for the other, maybe they could Since each other and wanted to race! Pics coming soon as they lose their helmets :)

3. FYI I can't spell Anything
    "Sense" not since

4. Alaska have you ever heard of the 420's? Its a band up your way that my bro plays in, they are pretty good you should check em out
    Good luck with the grow man

5. Thanks man, i think i remember someone talking about them. But iv never seen them play. Right now Holly and the fantastics are the band I hear about most of the time.

6. Update
    1st girl lost her helmet :) adding pic
    2ed might lose today or in a few depends on her

Attached Files:

7. Update
    Girls are looking well
    Nothing new to report just pics

Attached Files:

8. Update
    They look chipper :3

Attached Files:

9. Update
    Still living large :)

Attached Files:

10. They look promising man :wave:

11. #11 alaska, May 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Thanks man :) can't wait to see how they turn out

12. Update
    I transplanted my girls, one all rdy had a root coming out bottom. Seems early to me. But I read on attitude that they are best planted in bigger pots early on. Best pots I have atm. So pics up

Attached Files:

13. Update
    Added some more lights :)

14. I tried last year with the outside grow and even with all our sunlight plants did not do to well. I think over at the Fair those Matsu guys with this Big Pumpkins every year start their stuff inside and maybe finish out.
    If I was to do it again I would definitely start inside. It would have to be in a container so I could move it in and out as like today the winds at 50 I would let them sit the day in the window.
    Good luck though, I will be watching to see how your coming along. :wave:

15. #15 alaska, May 20, 2011
    Sweet man thanks! Glad to see more Alaskans :)
    Last year was the worst summer I can remember on record! But I accept the fact that this might fail, but thats why I went with the autos. I'm just crossing my fingers in hopes of a half way decent summer.
    I may start a 2ed set of autos, I'm going to have the house for 5 weeks to self, so if I get my next batch started, I can do a indoor grow also, so all in all I'm hoping for something at the end of the summer :)

16. Update
    Just pics
    Girls Seem to love the new / extra light

Attached Files:

17. its looking like a good start to me. i hope the best for you. :)

18. Update
    New pics

Attached Files:

19. #19 alaska, May 22, 2011
    Thanks man :)

20. Update
    Pics

1st four are my fem 69 seed, next 2 are of the 60 day wonder plant. So far in this race the fem 69 has the lead. Can't wait to see how they come along :)
    Thinking because these are such short strains I may start adding nutes. But need to pic some up 1st. I'll post more on that when I start adding.

Attached Files: