Snowboarding/Skiing blades

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by FoodLion, Sep 3, 2009.

1. #1 FoodLion, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2009
    So I searched and searched, and was amazed that I couldn't find a single snowboarding thread.

So who here snowboards? There has to be a multitude of you. Almost every person I've met snowboarding smokes weed. I find both the snowboarding and skiing culture are chill and cool as fuck.

But as for me, I'm from Nebraska and don't really get the chance to sesh all too often. When winter comes, that's a difference story. There's a little resort about an hour away from me that's built on a big enough hill to make snowboarding there.. actually fun as shit. I spend my entire weekends up there during the season. I've made it up to colorado and snowboarded once, and I plan on going back atleast once every season. I just can't get enough of snowboarding, it's a high altogether. And when you're snowboarding high, it's just unexplainable. I have the most fun of my life snowboarding high. I only started last year but I caught on extremely quick, and now snowboard with a bunch of my friends who have been doing it a bit longer than I have.

that's it from me. Make yourselves known :wave:

2. i'ma rolla just another mutha fuckin east coasta

hell yeah i fucks wit boardin though...best feeling tearing down the mountain when you're fresh off an L :D

and I have to agree....we the chillest mutha fuckas in the industry

3. Nope. Two planker here.

4. edited the title, let us all be as one :D

5. Hey ya, i ride too, been on the same forum recon for like 4 years. Colorado's too fluffy for me to fuck it up to bad hahaha:hello::smoking::smoking::D

6. Yes! Snowboarding is the shit :D We has us some nice mountains up hurr.

7. In that case...+rep to you my friend.

Skiing high is the bomb. Hotbox in the Gondola on the way up, and float all the way down. Take a chairlift on the next run and it feels like your flying.:hello:

8. Hell yeah...just remember locals call it the GANJALA :D :p

(Some old dude actually told us that in VT once while rolling a couple of bones...me and my friend were ripped too haha)

LOOOOVE burning on the way up...especially in there :D

9. We usually pre-roll a bunch of blunts and joints.. the joints are for the ride up (usually our group gets split up into separate chairs on the way up), and then we go into the glades and find somewhere secluded to puff a blunt. The ride down is soo fun haha there is no feeling like it.

Anyone that goes to Smuggs in VT knows where the back bowls are (unmarked glades), that is the best place to blaze dank.

10. I love boarding, started when I was 11 (earlier actually if you count cheap plastic boards on toboggan hills). I've never tried it high though, hopefully I'll get to experience that this year.

I picked up some nice twin-tip Volkl skiis this summer too, can't wait to hit up the park.

11. I've been snowboarding for 11 seasons now. Both of the places I live in (MD/IN) don't have any mountains, but I typically get out for a few days to a week each year. Last winter I was in Breck and Vail, and I've boarded in Tahoe, Salt Lake, Vermont, and Quebec. Salt Lake has the best conditions for boarders, IMO. More fluffy powder there (on average) than most other US places. I'm all about big mountain too; stopped going to the park about 5 years ago. Most of my time at the mountain is spent in the bowls now.

12. #12 Ky-Mani, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2009
    Go big or go home. Nothing like blazing in the powder. I ride Tahoe mostly Sierra and Heavenly (Kirkwood if its an EPIC poweder day.)

13. I rode sierra and heavenly last season... in my opinion, heavenly is just way too touristy, and if the lift that connects the california side and nevada side is closed, it blows being stuck on the CA side. Sierra's awesome though.

But looking towards the future... I'm moving to Mammoth this season!

14. SKIIIIIIIIIIII

im fucking moving to DENVER!!!!!!!!!!!

ive been stuck without snow for 2 years with my skis in the garage... had to pick up surfing

SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII:hello::wave:

15. Been skiing for as long as I can remember and I do the skihouse thing every winter up in killington VT.

I love giving my friends really strong edibles on the way to the mountain and then watching them an hour later as they figure out that they're stoned as hell!

And everyone loves clambaking the GAAAAAAAAANJAAAAAALAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Killington FTW!!!

I like to ski all the way down to lower SkyeShip and hot-box in the Gondubie all the way back up.:smoking:

17. snowboarder outta the canadian rockies...canmore alberta sunshine yeeeeee

18. any denver blades wanna ski, i just bought my colorado pass

hit me up this season!:)

19. hell yeah! i got my pass to Monarch (includes Loveland, Silverton, etc). i also ski...so fun flying down the mountain high as fuck. I always smoke a joint at the top of the run...at 14k feet with thin oxygen, you get faded.

gotta get a ski/smoke session underway!

20. Yeah, then there's always coopers cabin!

I've skiied ouuta there BLAZED a few times!