Do I have tourettes??

Discussion in 'General' started by iSPARK, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Okay let me explain here,

Whenever I think of something in my past that was embarrassing, even if it is something very small, I will blurt something out or picture something suicidal. I am not depressed or suicidal in the least bit... but let me give you an example of a scenario then I'll give you some of the things that I might do.

I think back to when I was younger, like 16 when I was talking to a girl and said something really stupid or something. When I'm reminiscing 1 of a couple things will run through my head/ come out of my mouth:

A: I will get the impulse to yell at the top of my lungs, though I have never let this impulse take into effect, I will still say "FUCK" or something under my breath then I will punch my hand out of frustration. Oh and I'll say something like "I'm just gonna go kill myself now" but that tags along with C.

B: I will get the impulse to just start running, to no specific place but I would just get the impulse to start running. I've actually done this before in my room. I'll just get up and start jogging or jumping lightly or walking around my room or something.

C: I will think of something suicidal. Often a 3rd person perspective of me putting a gun to my head, all in black and white with no real background just in space pretty much. Then, without seeing myself pulling the trigger or without seeing blood or a wound through my head, I'll see my upperbody fall face first into snow. By then the thought is over though, this thought is just a flash through my mind, lasting about one second. Just a sequence of pictures pretty much, no actual movement until I see myself fall into the snow.

If anyone else has this problem or knows what is wrong with me please let me know. It doesn't hinder my everyday life and I can hold back the curse words if I'm in a public place but I will still punch something or stomp on the ground to get the frustration out. Oh yeah, forgot to mention that, when I think of the embarrassing time I will get very angry, that's why I want to punch/curse/everything else.

2. No one has ANYTHING on the subject??????

3. Nah it just looks like its getting to spicey for the pepper.

4. no you do not have tourettes...sheesh...sounds like you have trouble facing your flaws,

5. Not sure what that is, but its not tourettes. I'd say maybe come to terms with shit your unhappy about in your past? Learn to avoid em in the future, Believe me ive done some absolutely fucking retarded shit that ive had a hell of a time dealing with.

6. Whenever you get those impulses for crazy shit, smoke a bowl. Keep a pipe handy just like an inhaler.

7. #7 iSPARK, Feb 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2012

It's not like I see a pimple on my face and start freaking out lol. It's only when I remember something I did was embarressing.

True, I do try to just forget about things that happen to me quite a lot so that might have something to do with it.

Honestly it wouldn't even help, the impulses are so quick that it doesn't even matter 10 seconds later because I stop thinking about it and try to move onto something else

8. wasn't that off of american dad?

9. ehh, i don't think you should be worried, ive done some of those things before, probally a lot of people have too, if your really concerned you might want to go to a doctor

10. Nah I'm not concerned these things don't effect my every day life and they don't hinder my thoughts for more than 15 seconds at max. I just want to know what you guys think.

11. this has no relation to tourettes...

12. I don't know how many doctors browse this site.

13. u don't have tourettes man, no need to worry about that. But u may have some sort of anxiety but the only real way to explain wut have ur facing is to go to a doctor. Good luck tho, whatever it may be, meditation may help and doesn't do any harm.

14. I have tourettes, trust me you DON'T have it.