Does drinking alcohol with a straw get you drunker?

Discussion in 'General' started by jcofillinois, Jan 23, 2012.

1. me and my buddy had a heated debate when we got back from the liquor store friday night.

he proposed to me that drinking alcohol, preferably beer, with a straw, gets you more drunk. now i have no idea how this would work besides the placebo effect.

does anyone out there know if this is true or have any stories to share?

2. Google is your friend.

3. Logic tells me no.

4. even if it does I'd feel like a complete pussy if I'm drinking beer through a straw

5. When I'm given a straw with my rye and Coke, I take the straw out and use it for shooting spitballs at people. :devious:

They won't give me a straw with my rye anymore... :(

6. #7 Vicious, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2012
    Yes, straws are a natural poteniator

I always carry one with me. Make sure they're 100% organic, I heard the synthetic ones burn out your serotonin and dopamine receptors.

7. does eating cake with a spoon make it have more sugar or taste better?

essentially same principale as wat you saying man.

there's only a physical change in what you are saying, if there was chemical change it would be possible

physical science yo :cool:

8. just chug the beer. I promise that will work better than the straw method that doesn't work at all lol

9. thank you. just to be clear, i wasn't the one standing up for the straw, haha.

i think it's total idiocracy.

10. Drinking alcohol with a straw generally makes you drink them quicker. It's not going to magically add more alcohol.

11. dick slap your friend

12. people drink faster through straws

13. Or id just expect something other than beer, and be super shocked and disgusted when it was brew and not like a coke or something straw worthy.

Also, its something to do with consumption rates, rather than the plastic tube getting you more tipsy, Heres a semi related link : Backdraft (drink) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) Mostly a cool concept drink IMO.

MAYBE if you sucked the booze up your ass with the straw ud get sloshed quicker. Heard of some people doing that....Not my cup of tea.:eek:

14. you can easily die of alcohol poisoning consuming alcohol through an enema

wayyyyy more veins up in there, and all those veins are simultaneously gonna absorb the alcohol

15. Yeah your right Ex, but I didnt reccomend it, i just said it would get you wasted faster...AND IT WOULD...But dont do this op. Somone was on 1000 Ways to Die for assboozing.:rolleyes:

16. lmao yea thats where i saw it too

op best way to drink is fast as possible so you don't taste SHIT lol

17. i may be wrong, but didn't steve-o do this on jackass?

18. Your buddy be smokin that illy again :cool: