Fucking dumb scary movies

Discussion in 'General' started by 08 BANSHEE, Nov 12, 2011.

1. I've watched like 10 scary movies on Netflix the past 2 days, all scary ones. I don't know what the fuck it is, or what's wrong with these movies, but every god damn one of them is super quiet at the important parts/talking parts, and just retardedly loud at the parts that are supposed to be suspenseful/scary.

I legit can't even hear at the talking parts/calm parts, so I have to turn it up, then the random parts/where they just wanna make it scary are so fucking loud that I have to turn the TV down cause it's just blairing in my face/disturbing other people in my household.

This every happen to you guys or is something fucked on my TV or something?

:wave:

2. netflix doesnt have the best selection of movies especailly horror films. theres a couple good ones on their. session 9,let me in,insidious, gothika. not super scary but still a good watch

*i wish someone would produce a really scary movie sometime soon. i dont know if im just immune to them now but i havent been scared by a movie in a looong time

3. dude netflix will fuck your eardrums up, id have to change the volume like every 5 min when watching movies.

4. Some people may think that movie Frozen about the kids who get stuck on the chairlift is completely ridiculous horror but it's actually a great psychological horror and leaves a mark on you. Just wanted to throw this in.....great movie

5. [quote name='"smokeyeyes12"']Some people may think that movie Frozen about the kids who get stuck on the chairlift is completely ridiculous horror but it's actually a great psychological horror and leaves a mark on you. Just wanted to throw this in.....great movie[/quote]

Nice will check it out

6. yea thats a good movie but the plot line has been used so many times. but being stuck on a lift definately adds a twist

7. It doesn't have the best selection, but it's 8 dollars a month LOL! Thanks for the list of good ones, I will check 'em out. :)

I know what you mean about being immune to scary movies now, they just don't seem scary anymore..

Ahahah glad someone else agrees. I hate changing the volume up and down like some kind of fuckin' idiot, I have no idea what's going on in any movie because of it ahaha. I always watch them at like 2-5 am too so I get fucked over.

I will have to check it out, thanks. :D

8. ^THIS!!!!!!

I've found that a lot of the Asain horror movies are the best. A lot, but not all. Seems like the horror movies now just go for sohck value. Shit jumping out and stuff like that. If you want to scare me, make a movie that gets inside my head and makes me "fill in the blanks".

9. My parents get pissed for this very reason lol

10. #10 .AcidTrip., Nov 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2011
    You man have eraserhead as your avatar.

seriously, horror doesn't exist to me, when it comes to movies that will fuck with your head and emotions then movies like eraserhead,oldboy,requiem for a dream,mullholand dr,elephant man and many more, seem to do the job :)

28 weeks later is a damn good movie, has something special about it.

11. It's deliberate. The filmmakers do that on purpose for the same reason broadcasters do it with commercials on TV.

Most scary movies scare people by startling them, so if the "scary" parts are intentionally louder, you're more likely to be startled.

Like, maybe none of you will even remember this, but there was an old ass meme from like at least 10 years ago where you would be directed to listen to a song and read along to the lyrics. The song was just a quiet voice softly singing, and it played at a SUPER low volume... Which meant you had to turn your speakers practically all the way up.

And the font size of the lyrics that were scrolling on the page were so tiny that you had to lean in close to the computer in order to read them... Then about 30 seconds in, this fucking demon picture splashes on the screen and SCREAMS, and since your speakers were turned all the way up and you were only inches from the computer screen, you probably shit your pants. Haha.

TL;DR -- It's not just you, or your TV, or Netflix... It's the filmmakers, they do it on purpose to get cheap scares out of people.

12. [quote name='"Bwomp"']

^THIS!!!!!!

I've found that a lot of the Asain horror movies are the best. A lot, but not all. Seems like the horror movies now just go for sohck value. Shit jumping out and stuff like that. If you want to scare me, make a movie that gets inside my head and makes me "fill in the blanks".[/quote]

Watch deadgirl, it was made in 2008. I'm not sure if it's on Netflix but I swear to god it will get in your head more than 90% of other horror movies. If anybody wants it, I have it on my laptop so if you pm me your email I could send it to you. You can do that through email right?

13. Scary movies don't scare me anymore. When I watch a horror movie I'm always thinking about efficient ways to kill the killer or possible escape routes. Of course the victim always chooses the dumbest option available and that pretty much kills it for me.

14. 28 weeks later is awesome. Cant forget 28 days :D

15. #16 Solipsist NPC, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2011
    [​IMG]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K95j-bnbdOE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K95j-bnbdOE[/ame]

Yes, its a real movie. I rented it from blockbuster one time. I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed watching it.

I actually really enjoy watching extremely low budget horror films. There one of my favorite genres. Always funny, and filled with plot inconsistencies.

Never disappointed.

16. #17 wolfman5874, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2011
    [​IMG]

Haha I think this is still available on netflix instantly.

Frozen was a decent movie as well.

17. this is pretty scary :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTiAS7cdsYc&feature=related]The 100 Cheesiest Movie Quotes of All Time - YouTube[/ame]

18. Scary movies suck dick.
    Almost all of them are stupid and trite.
    Rarely a good one will come out not made by simians, for simians

19. [quote name='"Solipsist NPC"']

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K95j-bnbdOE

Yes, its a real movie. I rented it from blockbuster one time. I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed watching it.

I actually really enjoy watching extremely low budget horror films. There one of my favorite genres. Always funny, and filled with plot inconsistencies.

Never disappointed.[/quote]

YES!
    I love the cheesy b horror movies.
    They usually make me laugh more then actual comedy movies.