Drug vs herb

Discussion in 'General' started by Dlarancuent, Oct 16, 2011.

1. I have long stood by a theory about the government and weed; it is not in their favor to have a plant that can be used for purposes that may destroy the economy and gain of those in power!

Hemp was banned, why? Why would a government ban a by-product that can be a resource and replacement to dangerous man made synthetics? Why would we mass produce, export and then in turn import for domestic use sub-standard products at higher costs when we can have the resources grown in our own backyards?
    Hemp a natural resource of forgotten capabilities

Pain killers are a controversy, u become addicted, your liver corrodes your kidneys malfunction then your plied with more pills that raise your sugar, can make u blind, can kill u if u forgot u took it then hung out with long lost friends and go for shots! Next thing u know ur floating above your body wondering WTF is happening? Yet here in the age of advanced nano technology and planet discovery we can not stop calling a plant for the tolerance to bear the pain of cancer (which is coincidentally caused by a Man made DRUG)and whose fruits are used in myriad of ways none of which involve processing or harmful additives to get the affects other than consumption... No compounds, no man created synthetic hormones that alter and change, no life altering additives... Drugs kill and i have yet to read a statistic of a death strangely caused by the consumption of marijuana!

It's an herb we can cook with it, smoke it like the shamans did and use it medicinal oil forms that cure ailments with side effects like sleepiness, hunger, relaxed states, whereas give me hydrocodone and I will itch like a dope fiend and suffer violent withdrawals!
    I much prefer an herb to a Drug for which I will need another drug to which I need to be weened off by yet another at which point nothing matters because they will just give me another little pill...
    Weed does not kill it is like saying a pencil misspells words!! It's man!

2. they have it illegal because drug companies want it that way.

$ talks.

3. Also, I'd say Nano tech is advancing, but I wouldn't call it advanced...one day OP one day :)

4. #4 Dlarancuent, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2011
    [quote name='"SuperSilverHaze"']they have it illegal because drug companies want it that way.

$ talks.[/quote]

I agree with u 100%, people allow it to happen...there is no unity, no leadership and a bunch of useless twits making rules everyone breaks; so they generate money by coming after the lil guys, but don't get me wrong I love my country! But not for what it stands in this day and age.

I want to move out west get a lil ranch with a cottage and greenhouse...

"The bygones can be bygones just not on my property"

5. Originally it was mostly due to lobbying from Dupont (just had patented nylon) and Hearst (tree paper industry) as well as a dose of racism that made it illegal. Today it's the pharma companies who are more strongly against it.

6. [quote name='"oldskoolgrower"']Originally it was mostly due to lobbying from Dupont (just had patented nylon) and Hearst (tree paper industry) as well as a dose of racism that made it illegal. Today it's the pharma companies who are more strongly against it.[/quote]

You r right! it's lobbied against by those who staNd to lose financial gain.

I question the need to give exorbitant fines and prison time and the money it costs to lobby against something that should be so mundane...

Manipulation, it's all a game...the haves against the have nots, we need a mj revolution!

7. I tried to organize one. I gathered together thousands of stoners to march on Washington. Every time we passed a Taco Bell or McDonald's we'd lose people. By the time we got to Maryland there were only two left. One passed out under a tree and the other wandered off after a stray dog saying "Here, kitty kitty. Here, kitty kitty."

8. Exactly what I did and why. I highly recommend it.

9. Lmao, shoulda sold them some brownies...ah but then u woulda needed a permit!

Let me know when start the next one! ;D

10. Weed is not the second coming. Srsly. A lot of people abuse it.

11. This is absolutely true. However, that doesn't mean that we should stand by idly while the government strips our personal freedoms from us.

They have no right to tell us what we can and cannot do to our bodies. They never have. One day people will wake up to this fact.

12. Very true, but that's another topic than the fact that MMJ laws in Cali have been abused by a lot of people and this could wind up costing a lot of people in real need access to their medicine.

13. [quote name='"AlexanderT"']Weed is not the second coming. Srsly. A lot of people abuse it.[/quote]

No matter what vice there will always be someone to abuse it. Although it is not the second coming it has numerous merits which outweigh all the unfounded myths. The point is ultimately it is not a drug, i see no bans on delsyum which is an over the counter cough medicine that teens and adult addicts of other substances utilize to mimic said addiction effects, yet walmart has huge advertisement and product displays in store ....we ban an herb but do not control substances that are known to be abused?

14. It would not destroy the economy as you imply in your first post. It would destroy some of the profits of certain business interests but the overall economy would benefit from legalization.

15. Weed is a drug. A drug that can cause cancer, bring out Schitzophrenia in people who may have avoided it had they not smoked, maybe induce depression, cause anxiety in some.

Weed even ruined peoples lives. Some people haven't been raised with a good foundation of self control and become ADDICTED, and can't quit. Some people become more and more anti social and develope social anxiety disorder or things like that.

I really cant stand when people act like its flawless.

For me, Cannabis is a sacrament. For others its a big problem.

16. very true.
    also, unless if the united states can smoke marijuana with the use of a vaporizer (by law you must use a vaporizer) then later in the future we could be looking many abusers with health problems dealing with the lungs. Sure, MJ "doesn't" cause any health problems. but if the entire population says "fuck yeah its legal lets smoke every day until we die"... well, there will be some health problems that the next gen will have to pay for.

gooday.

17. What I bolded is absolutely false. Using cannabis, if you are predisposed to getting schizophrenia (meaning that you would get it regardless) may accelerate the onset and exacerbate the symptoms. Those predisposed to it would still get it whether they ever smoked or not.

New study casts doubt on

18. The Pharmaceutical company's have waged war on natural medicine, if you haven't noticed we currently live in a medical dictatorship.

Cannabis is just one natural medicine, allot of people use it so they spread more bull shit on that than the other herbs, but they have actually tried to ban all natural medicines for medical practice, basically destroy the competition before it even begins.

Hemp is a super food and can be used for anything, the government cant control it, therefore no one can have it. Cars were supposed to run on hemp oil, the American bill outlawing hemp...was written on hemp paper.
    Hemp was made illegal because it was taking over the timber industry, if it was legal today it would take over the 3 biggest industries on this planet. The tobacco industry, the alcohol industry, and the Pharmaceutical industry.

That's why it's currently illegal, and when humans wake the fuck up and realize were just the governments cattle we will run the government. And all this evil will stop.

Skunky has spoken :devious: