i think my dads becoming an alcoholic

Discussion in 'General' started by stevooo123, Oct 14, 2011.

1. awhile ago he heard that drinking wine is good for the blood and heart. so he started drinking a glass of wine a night. then he started to drink two glasses a night. then he was drinking beer and wine. now every night he drinks wine, some vodka, and some times a beer. this might not sound that bad but the concern i have is that its going to get worse. and he always makes sure he has some type of wine or beer to drink, which leads me to thinking hess getting addicted. am i just over reacting or is there some thing going on here

2. He obviously has some underlying issues that he is masking with booze.. Maybe try getting closer with him, or talking to him? My mother drinks 2+ glasses of wine a night, but I'm used to it. She can also party but that is a different story.

3. My uncle died from liver failure we still don't know if it was from to much iron or alcohol.

Its sad shit man its a horrible thing.

:wave:

RIP UNCLE!

4. Sounds like your dad is having a smashing time.

5. my uncle (not blood related) is an extreme alcoholic and his liver is shutting down, and he still drinks. you would think hed stop when his sister and mother died form cirrhosis of the liver

6. Solution?

Have a beer with him.

7. Yeah its terrible I remember everyone came into the kitchen and told me the really sad part he turned a yellow color and died bleeding.

8. I know the feeling. Well not exactly that, but very similar. My friend overdosed and died on Pharmaceuticals our senior year. The cops were being far too intrusive and tried to "scare" me with pictures of him...dead.

Terrible terrible photos to see.

9. Talk to him man, thats all u can do. Be harsh if you have to, sometimes it takes tough love to snap people out of whatever delusion their masking their addiction with. My friends dad claimed he quit drinking and everyone believed him, until my friend began finding empty bottles of rum and vodka behind the house. He died a year later, of alcohol related issues, and it still haunts my bud today thinking about how if he had just spoke up he could have saved him.

10. Just keep an eye on him. If it progresses to a very bad state, talk to a family (or him)member about it.

Alcoholism is a serious thing. I'm sure your aware.

My grandpa was an alcoholic. The only reason he lived to 76 is because the liquor thinned his blood so much (3/4s of his arteries in his neck were clogged like 80% or so.)

Best of wishes to him and you man. Keep the chin up.

11. Good news everyone, I Just save a lot of money on my car insurance today!

And I jst made my 1000th post. That is fucking awesome news right?

12. No. Dudes in a bit of a situation if you didn't read. Looking for advice and support. Should spread some like the blade you are.

13. Heres my advice, maybe show him some herb that is really good and smoke it out of a nice clean bong with clean water so it tastes wonderful as well. Weed is so much better then alcohol! My 11 year old brother even agrees its better then alcohol and cigs.

14. This, I see no problem.

God forbid someone start using a drug more often, that's not weed :rolleyes:

15. [quote name='"Toki Da Tyga"']

This, I see no problem.

God forbid someone start using a drug more often, that's not weed :rolleyes:[/quote]

Man, you come into a forum about weed, populated by people who enjoy it, and then bitch, Moan, and sling negativity, what's the point to that? Seems like a forum filled by things and people you like would be a bit more fulfilling.

16. I think the point he was making is that each of us are free to live our own lives; if the OPs dad wants to drink, let him...

Whilst I don't condone this point of view from knowing drinks impact on family; its not like anyone is going to get OPs dad to not drink, apart from OPs dad...

17. ask him for money when hes drunk. ask him to smoke it up with you when hes drunk turn a bad situation into a better one.

18. [quote name='"Ralta"']

I think the point he was making is that each of us are free to live our own lives; if the OPs dad wants to drink, let him...

Whilst I don't condone this point of view from knowing drinks impact on family; its not like anyone is going to get OPs dad to not drink, apart from OPs dad...[/quote]

Yeah, my reply was a bit rash haha. Cross- thread vibes xD

19. You may wish to encourage your dad to eat a health diet and take a good B Vitamin suppliment to avoid the potential long term complications of alcohol consumption. Stresstabs is one well known brand.

Wernicke

20. Turn him onto weed. Drinking after getting high is hard to do imo, but then again alcohol isn't that appealing to me