Colorado or California?

Discussion in 'General' started by BlizzardKush, Jun 27, 2011.

1. The reason I ask this question is because I'm 20 years old(male) and will be transferring to another college this fall. I have a chance to transfer to a school in Los Angeles, CA or Denver, CO. I have visited both places and love them both and now have to make a very hard decision. So I ask the city, where would you go? Also feel free to add why in the forum. Thanks for the help.:smoke:

2. Colorado, firstly, because im here, so my opinion is biased as fuck, secondly, uh, the rocky mountains??? RIGHT next to you hahaha

Third, no earthquakes. And forth, much lower pollution levels hahaha.... the weed you will find in either location will be the same quality though... im sick of this whole CA has the best, NO CO, has the best, no Washington does blah blah, we all have the same, the dankest of the dank. So dont use weed as your decider, its dank in both places, very very dank haha

One thing CO lacks heavily.... ocean.... but... whatever hahahahaha

3. Somewhere else, namely, OREGON.

Wanna go to the mountains? An hour away
    Wanna go to the beach? An hour away
    Want to visit California without having to fucking live there? Couple hours away

4. also being from colorado, i'd say CO, unless your going to socal.

CO has 320+ days of sunshine a year.
    The Rocky Mountains are gorgeous.

But, the only way i'd say CA is if you are going to like LA or huntington beach, cuz i love hot weather and the ocean.

but if you're going where the climates are comparable, co wins.

5. Colorado is just beaufiful all the time man. IF you can tolerate the weather i say go for it, it seems like a really nice place to live: You got the beautiful mountains in sight everywhere, the people are generally really friendly and the weather is nice over 300 days of the years, i like cold weather so im biased as well. Also i live one state to the right from CO and i've been there once and the only time i think i've ever been to cali was for disney world or some shit and it was just too hot and damn expensive everywhere. So yeah man my vote goes to Colorado, then Canada, then California :D

6. Colorado is like a piece of heaven in the middle of the concrete jungle of the U.S IMO

7. Colorado or somewhere else, fuck cali. Mid-west is where its at.

8. they are both dope as shit! i have lived in san diego all my life and have traveled up and down cali a few times. theres definitely no place else like it. i also have the rest of my family, including my sister, living out in denver. and denver is absolutely dope as shit!

in the end either place will be a good choice. so i guess theres just the differences to point out, and you said you've visited both places many times so im sure you must be aware of them already.

anyway, in LA youve got eveerything in the world to fuckin do at pretty much anytime. every wednesday night is fucking Low End Theory at the Airliner bar. if I lived in LA i would be ashamed to not be there every fuckin week!

you got the beaches and the warmer weather if your into any sort of beach activities. if not i would suggest picking up something while your here. it doesnt have to be surfing or anything too crazy like that, i dont know i was just never able to get the hang of it, but you can do something like go snorkeling for cheap, a setup is cheap is hell etc etc etc. might as well enjoy the ocean if your gonna live so close to it! not everyone in the world has that luxury.

also, even though i kind of agree with other people who say you can get bomb buds in both locations, while that is true... i dont know, i just seems like the home boy down here has some of the dankest shit on the planet! and you got your humboldt weed which is to die for! gotta make a trip up north if your gonna live out here!

though denver is a great bud town as well, its even legal to possess an ounce in denver city proper. my sis says people toke it up downtown out in public in the middle of daylight all the time. so you got all that going on.

so who knows? both towns are great, just depends if you want to live in a big city or near a big city i guess hahaha. to be honest i would probably choose denver just on the traffic factor alone. the 5 freeway at around 2:00pm to 10:00pm every day is pretty much hell on earth. to put it in perspective, the last time i drove down from humboldt to san diego it took me about 10 hours to drive from humboldt to LA (about 600 miles) than about 3 and half hours to get THROUGH LA (about 30-40 miles TOPS).

either way have fun! and who knows, im gonna be back out in denver in like 3 weeks so i can get a fresh look of it while i go see Steve Miller Band at Red Rocks! hell yah.

9. Colorado automatically wins because at least you guys don't have the problem of millions of illegals.

10. hey there! if your gonna start pullin the cheap shots dont leave out the fact that colorado has tornadoes. one of the last times i was out there i was in downtown denver when i big ass funnel cloud passed right overhead.

ya sure the ground shakes a little bit, and you might feel it like once every 20 years, but at least the sky isnt gonna fall on your ass in cali!

11. I like Colorado, been there camping lots of times. I think it'd be boring to live there though, then again I was going through the most desolate parts of the state.

12. #12 illadelphin, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2011
    i lived closed to LA (in Orange County) for 10 years, and moved out here for college. best decision of my life ;) that pretty much speaks for itself. i had the opportunity to go to Berkeley, UCLA, Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz and even Stanford... and i stand by my decision. the people just plain SUCK in California. all narcissitic, self centered, shallow assholes. that is a gross generalization, but for the most part it is true. you will also find that in Boulder (sorry Sirsog ;) ). i would be at UCB if it wasn't just a transplant of SoCal. :rolleyes:

what school in Denver?

13. lol @ deciding between CO and CA...is this even a serious thread?

All you got in CO is your Denver Nuggets...that's about it!

If you can afford to live in Cali, your decision should be pretty simple. Haters will tell you otherwise.

14. I hate the nuggets, and i love CO, your response was so ignorant lol The only thing you can do in cali you cant in CO is surf..... and get eaten by sea creatures, or die in an earthquake, but yea... you know.... believe what you want to lol

15. yea and your reply is not ignorant at all...die in an earthquake and get eaten by a sea creature...I mean that shit happens every day in Cali. =T

16. sharks, and a 774 (or however long CA is) mile long fault line... i would assume it happens pretty often ;)

17. No no no, see, i didnt say those things happen frequently, i was saying, there arent too many huge differences from CO and Cali, you said all CO has is the Nugs if you like them, all i said, Cali and CO have the same shit to do, only i cali, you can surf, the other 2 are just things that also dont happen in CO lol (if you didnt get the humor, thats my bad) But to say all CO has is the Nugs, when you can watch any damn sports teams you want doesnt make any sense lol.

18. yea assuming is one thing...but shark attacks happen about as often as Denver Nuggets winning a Championship :D

To OP, this thread will not help you decide. You need to look at facts that will help you make this decision on your own.

19. If you enjoy the social night life, LA.
    If you enjoy a more relaxed marjiuana friendly state go to Colorado.

It really depends on your major and what the colleges have to offer you.

I generally think CA has more to offer people in regards to your options once you get here, but thats just me. :smoke:

20. check out the east coast. lol